Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some numpty Celtic fan on twitter saying the state of the pitch will be a concern - except it's the same hybrid pitch that's just been installed at Parkhead, and there will only be two rugby games on it between now and Sunday 27th. Though I suppose it depends on who chooses the mower settings...

12 hours ago, Romeo said:

I see Celtic are calling for a draw to see which game is moved. This is only fair and will undoubtedly lead to more heads gone from the sheep and the Jambos.

Who would have expected that this saga would end with a Celtic heeds gone?Savoury

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

On the one hand, he has a point.

On the other, LOL GIRFUY.

I don’t suppose anyone pointed to Brendan, that last season Hearts played three matches at Murrayfield and Celtic played four times at Hampden. So Brendan wanted the SPFL to favour his club playing at a ground where they played more often last season than Hearts. Nice balanced view.

26 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Some numpty Celtic fan on twitter saying the state of the pitch will be a concern - except it's the same hybrid pitch that's just been installed at Parkhead, and there will only be two rugby games on it between now and Sunday 27th. Though I suppose it depends on who chooses the mower settings...

The pitch at Murrayfield is the last thing they can moan about, it's fucking incredible.

Also, one of the few advantages we had at Murrayfield was that we were allowed to have the pitch the same dimensions as Tynecastle which certainly won't happen this time.

This is the sensible solution for everyone, just embarrassing it took so long to come to it.  Celtic and Hearts get a better kick off time that will ensure a bigger crowd and bigger allocation for both teams and Rangers and Aberdeen get a sensible KO time which will also improve the crowd.

Celtic are quite right to ask a genuine question, why are Aberdeen n Rangers picked for Hampden?..on what basis?

Saying that I don't know anyone who gives a f**k, I wished all games were played at Murrayfield, Hampden is a fucking dump.

When Rodgers was asked about the game at Hampden his only comment ignored the issues raised and his only comment was a snidey wee dig about the pitch cutting up suiting us.  All of a sudden he's got plenty to say. He can f**k off to be perfectly honest.

Also our record at Murrayfield is pretty pish, so I fail to see how it's any real kind of advantage whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, Jdog said:

Celtic are quite right to ask a genuine question, why are Aberdeen n Rangers picked for Hampden?..on what basis?

Saying that I don't know anyone who gives a f**k, I wished all games were played at Murrayfield, Hampden is a fucking dump.

Edited as I'm talking shite.  

6 minutes ago, Jdog said:

Because it would make absolutely no sense to have Rangers (sic) travel to Edinburgh and Hearts travel to Glasgow when you can just have Celtic travelling to Edinburgh.

It would also mean Aberdeen and Rangers (sic) fans using the same railway station. 

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Surely this is win win for Celtic?

Reasonable venue/kick off time AND they get to feel victimised. It’s like Christmas.

Plus more of them will be able to get tickets presumably?...

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Police advice on having two teams travel out of the four as opposed to three having to cut past each other in and about Edinburgh I'd assume.  

Pretty much likely to be this - common sense.

Does playing at Murrayfield gives Hearts an advantage? Perhaps a very slight advantage.

Have Glasgow clubs had that same slight advantage for every semi final/final played in Scotland since the game began? Yes.

Surely even the thickest Celtic fans aren't swallowing this conspiracy nonsense? 

Archived