Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

Keep in mind, the only reason the SPFL have got into this mess is because of their fear of being seen to upset Celtic or Rangers. How have all recent League Cup semis been dealt with ? I'll tell you. First match drawn out the hat is on the Saturday at Hampden.  Second drawn is on the Sunday at Hampden. But wait.... the OF have Euro games Thurs. And the SPFL don't want to be seen to be making either of the cheeks play a tricky semi just 48 hours later. So, in the interests fairness between the OF - but fck the rest of Scottish football (Aberdeen and Hearts in this case)  lets come up with a half-arsed arrangement that means their fans have to leave Aberdeen or return to Edinburgh at times when there is no public transport available. Fck the police, Scotrail, Firstbus and the poor residents of Queens Park who would have to put up with  12 hours  of continuously hosting football fans. 

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Fair enough, and indeed if Rangers play Aberdeen in a cup final amy time soon it’s likely to be a 3pm kick off, non negotiable.

They've also mooted moving the Scottish Cup Final to 5.30pm to try and boost the TV audience, like in England*.

Good luck with a Celtic v Sevco game kicking off at that time.

*It seems nearly all ideas concerning Scottish football end with those three words.

14 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Keep in mind, the only reason the SPFL have got into this mess is because of their fear of being seen to upset Celtic or Rangers. How have all recent League Cup semis been dealt with ? I'll tell you. First match drawn out the hat is on the Saturday at Hampden.  Second drawn is on the Sunday at Hampden. But wait.... the OF have Euro games Thurs. And the SPFL don't want to be seen to be making either of the cheeks play a tricky semi just 48 hours later. So, in the interests fairness between the OF - but fck the rest of Scottish football (Aberdeen and Hearts in this case)  lets come up with a half-arsed arrangement that means their fans have to leave Aberdeen or return to Edinburgh at times when there is no public transport available. Fck the police, Scotrail, Firstbus and the poor residents of Queens Park who would have to put up with  12 hours  of continuously hosting football fans. 

Pretty sure it's a UEFA rule that you can't play on a Saturday after a Thursday EL fixture.

Aberdeen should be the later game, 3pm kick-off would be ideal, giving the Abz fans two possible trains that will get them to Mount Florida in plenty time (09:24 and 10:30 arriving at 13:09 and 14:03 respectively including the short connection across Glasgow)

However the police aren't going to want the Celtic fans getting back in to Glasgow just as the Sevco/Abz game is finishing, so I'd imagine any situation where the Sheelack/Hertz is played in Edinburgh early in the day is a non-starter. 

Rangers v Aberdeen, Hampden 3pm

Celtic v Hearts, Murrayfield 6pm

This would seem to be the best option for the police and the fans, but BT may have issue with having to go against the English Premiership's 4pm kick which that particular day is Man U v Everton, They probably want a 1pm kick for Rangers v Aberdeen since that allows them an extra hour without infringing the EPL game in the case of extra time. The game in Edinburgh kicking off at 6pm makes sense either way.

17 minutes ago, Guts said:

No, don't correct him. let him believe that.

Don't spraff a lot of BS. Took me about 30 seconds to check the fixtures of the team next to Celtic in the Europa section - Lepzig. And a further 30 seconds to see that they play Rosenborg on 13th Dec then Mainz 2 days later on the 15th. 

I would say that playing the Hearts Celtic game first would make sense (on the basis of it being in Edinburgh). There is obviously more connections earlier in the day from Glasgow and area to Edinburgh on a Sunday than it is from Aberdeen,

Depending on television I would think a 12:30 or 1pm kick off in Edinburgh and 4pm for Glasgow. Also means when one lot of supporters get back to Glasgow the other game will still be playing so less chaos. 

Don't spraff a lot of BS. Took me about 30 seconds to check the fixtures of the team next to Celtic in the Europa section - Lepzig. And a further 30 seconds to see that they play Rosenborg on 13th Dec then Mainz 2 days later on the 15th. 

Where have you got that from?

How do you know that the source just hasn’t been updated?

This weekend coming Frankfurt, Leipzig and Leverkusen are all playing on Sunday, having played in the Europa League on Thursday.

Coincidence?

While we’re at it, can you show us the rule that says first drawn game in semi draw = game played first?

2 minutes ago, geddyalexneil said:

I would say that playing the Hearts Celtic game first would make sense (on the basis of it being in Edinburgh). There is obviously more connections earlier in the day from Glasgow and area to Edinburgh on a Sunday than it is from Aberdeen,

Depending on television I would think a 12:30 or 1pm kick off in Edinburgh and 4pm for Glasgow. Also means when one lot of supporters get back to Glasgow the other game will still be playing so less chaos. 

Who was first out the hat ? Us and Celtic ? Then that should be Sat at Hampden. Fck moving it back 24 hours just to benefit Celtic and moving us 24 hours closer to our league title decider against Hibs on 31st Oct.

2 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Where have you got that from?

How do you know that the source just hasn’t been updated?

This weekend coming Frankfurt, Leipzig and Leverkusen are all playing on Sunday, having played in the Europa League on Thursday.

Coincidence?

While we’re at it, can you show us the rule that says first drawn game in semi draw = game played first?

Just looked at Arsenal's fixtures - Vorskia 29th Nov, Spurs 2 days later on 1st Dec. Don't fall for Celtic or SPFL propaganda, mate.

re which fixture gets played first, you might have a point. So fine, if it is not the convention that first out plays first, then toss acoin to see who get Sat

I must admit I was certainly under the belief that the game drawn first was played first. When they do the draw they do normally say the first game will be...… and name check the first 2 teams out the bowl.

Maybe doesn't always happen it seems so I stand corrected on that.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Just looked at Arsenal's fixtures - Vorskia 29th Nov, Spurs 2 days later on 1st Dec. Don't fall for Celtic or SPFL propaganda, mate.

re which fixture gets played first, you might have a point. So fine, if it is not the convention that first out plays first, then toss acoin to see who get Sat

The North London derby will be moved to the Sunday - as is the case for all English football games scheduled for a Saturday when a team has a Europa league match - they just haven't announced the fixtures that far in advance yet.  The entire English Premier League card is still on a Saturday 3pm placeholder.

7 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I think you've gone full tin foil hat here.

Arsenal Spurs will be rescheduled, they'll just be waiting for a tv time before confirming when it is.

Can't think of any league where a team plays Thursday/Saturday in the EL.

Just looked at Arsenal's fixtures - Vorskia 29th Nov, Spurs 2 days later on 1st Dec.

That won’t be happening either ffs.

The live TV games for that weekend haven’t been announced yet for starters.

Every Premier League game is showing as a 3pm Saturday ko at the moment. (Source: BBC website.

Edit - Beaten to it.

I must admit I was certainly under the belief that the game drawn first was played first. When they do the draw they do normally say the first game will be...… and name check the first 2 teams out the bowl

They’re literally meaning ‘the first tie drawn out the hat is’

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think you've gone full tin foil hat here.

Arsenal Spurs will be rescheduled, they'll just be waiting for a tv time before confirming when it is.

Can't think of any league where a team plays Thursday/Saturday in the EL.

You've memorised the fixtures for all 30+ European football leagues ??  I might have jumped off at the deep end, but you might just be overestimating your knowledge.

37 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You should be banned for that line alone. If Hearts were playing in Europe they would have moved it the same as Celtic or Rangers- even if it wasn't a rule set in stone by UEFA(I don't know if it is or not).

33 minutes ago, Donathan said:

The North London derby will be moved to the Sunday - as is the case for all English football games scheduled for a Saturday when a team has a Europa league match - they just haven't announced the fixtures that far in advance yet.  The entire English Premier League card is still on a Saturday 3pm placeholder.

It already has been moved, Sunday 2nd December with KO tbc. I know because I was looking at going and it's been changed on the Arsenal site.  Also RB Leipzig isn't confirmed, it's scheduled for 14-17 December, it'll clearly be the Sunday at best.

It's good to see Neil doncaster has being thrown under the bus hear,for me the games must be played on the Sunday because fans will have already made arrangements,highlighting the travel in this country on a Sunday isn't good enough asks the question why the clubs can't put on buses for the fans,everybody knows the fans are the last to be considered.  
Also TV coverage will be considered before the fans,the clubs know the games will be sell outs before anything else is put in place.

Archived