Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

So, general consensus on here and social media seems to be it's perfectly fine for Celtic and Rangers fans to be expected to head up to Aberdeen (bear in mind these are regular die hard fans) for every fixture there at 12.00 when public transport is not an option but when the Dons make a semi final at Hampden kick off should be scheduled to be convenient for their fans specifically, even more specifically the ones who only fancy away days for a semi or a final?

Here's a wee suggestion guys, use cars or supporters buses like we have to do when we head up north, including our scheduled fixture there on fucking boxing day where, if we were to use public transport we'd have to head up on Christmas Eve  ! 

Worth pointing out that there will be many Celtic and Rangers fans from outwith Glasgow, even from England and Ireland travelling for these fixtures who will be massively inconvenienced by these dates and kick off times, there is no way of scheduling big games for clubs with big supports that keeps everyone happy but, it would appear, according to Aberdeen's statement, as well as that from that fucking prostitute Ann Budge it should be done specifically to cater for their supporters only.

Fact is, Aberdeen are based approximately 150 miles from the national stadium, other than rebuild a new national stadium north of Dundee just to suit them there is no easy way of scheduling semi finals to the convenience of their fans, fact is, those that want to go enough will go, whether that be going in cars, official supporters buses (like I do every game) or hire mini buses etc as a one off, its three  and a bit hours down the motorway for fucks sake, it's hardly as if they're being expected to navigate the trans Siberian railway in midwinter arctic conditions. 

Same goes for Hearts fans inconvenienced at having to get back to Edinburgh at 10.00 pm at night, shock horror , im sure there will be plenty delighted at having the opportunity for an all day, pre match sesh in either Glasgow or Edinburgh with plenty time beforehand to make the match.

It's not an ideal way to schedule these games, i'll give you that, but whatever decision the authorities came up with some would have complained regardless. 

Ha - there’s a pretty big difference between roughly 2k travelling north for a league match by bus and car and having to sort circa 20k only in cars and busses.

saturday trains run as early as 5am From Aberdeen to Glasgow. Not ideal but at least you get into town in time for a midday game.

Well done on spectacularly missing my point.  Doncaster said it was the "best and most practical solution", when it wasn't.  Play at Murrayfield, reschedule the Hearts - Celtic semi, forcing one of you p***ks to play on the given date, that would've been the more practical and better solutions to this mess.

What part of ‘they’re contractually bound to play the game at Hampden’ are you not getting?

2 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

What part of ‘they’re contractually bound to play the game at Hampden’ are you not getting?

I don't think it's true.  There've been other semi's held outside Hampden, there'd be room for manoeuvre if hey wanted to.  They also discussed Murrayfield, why even do that if it wasn't an issue?  And the reaction from Hearts and Aberdeen in their statement suggests heir were other options to explore.  Even if it's true, they could've played our fixture the weekend after and moved our league game against Celtic to another date.

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 minutes ago, Kennboy1978 said:

It may just be me but as a kid I would have loved to get up early and jump in a car or bus to travel to Hampden to see my team. Imagine the excitement on Saturday night, knowing as soon as you're up the next morning the journey begins.

I can remember returning home late way after my bed time from the midweek semi final penalty win against Hearts. The feeling was fucking amazing. Lying in bed, trying to get to sleep for school the next day. The cheering still in my ears and the sight of Chris Honor celebrating the winning penalty. I was buzzing out my tits.

If it wasn't for that, 14 year old me would have always thought a w**k was the best feeling in the world.

Oh and we didn't take the train, f**k knows how we managed to get to Hampden without one.

I don't think it's true.  There've been other semi's held outside Hampden, there'd be room for manoeuvre if hey wanted to.  They also discussed Murrayfield, why even do that if it wasn't an issue?  And the reaction from Hearts and Aberdeen in their statement suggests heir were other options to explore.  Even if it's true, they could've played our fixture the weekend after and moved our league game against Celtic to another date.

Apparently the contract relates to semis involving the old firm, hence why other games have been played away from Hampden.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Clearly all down to contractual obligations to play at Hampden. If they didn’t exist you could’ve had Aberdeen v Rangers at Hampden, 1.30pm kick off, Celtic v Hearts at Murrayfield, 4.00pm kick off.

Lichtie you are bang on with the above mate and i like it :thumsup2

Too much sense there though for the SPFL.

Did aberdeen release a statement or moan like this before their 12.15ko against motherwell in last seasons semi final

And another one when they tried and failed to bully Morton into moving the semi final to Edinburgh two years ago. They’ve probably got a template set up and simply change the date of their latest braying outrage.

To be fair to Budge, at least she has stood and tried to replace the SPFL’s current stewardship in the club vote. Aberdeen cry about the decisions but have done absolutely nothing to empty Doncaster or anyone else for years. Their statements are a smokescreen to their fanbase and nothing more.

Aberdeen fans have a semi final at 12:00 on a Sunday does not equate to the Glasgow twins having to go to Pittodrie/Dingwall/Inverness for a league game. We’ve had to go to Killie, Motherwell, Celtic, Rangers, Partick Thistle, Hibs, Hearts, Inverness, Dingwall at unsuitable times in recent times as well. The outcome will be that we’ll have a lower attendance than usual as its an absolute ball ache to get to and there’ll be a further advantage to the Glasgow teams who get to play every semi/final within 5 miles of their home ground.

People also arguing that 12:00 is more convenient 19:45 for us; in what world are either of those times on a Sunday appropriate for a game of this stature?

We should look to Germany or Italy so see how their fans react to being shafted by daft kick off times. It’s bizarre how subservient fans of the Glasgow two are to the tv companies given the relative pittance they give us.

Doncaster is one for the watching.

He is but he only does the bidding of the clubs who appoint him. A majority of club executives are clearly happy to let him take the flak for poor decisions and display mock outrage about it to placate their fanbase.

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

Nah, I think it's only Hearts and Aberdeen that are upset.

I've seen Rangers fans moan about being unable to go for a proper bevvy in town after the game because they'll be re-routed to avoid the incoming Hearts/Celtic fans, and seen Celtic fans moaning about the late kick off because they will be on supporters buses that are heading halfway back across the country after the game meaning they won't be up the road until the wee small hours.

47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

In tears @ Ann Budge getting called a prostitute tbh.

Yeah, I reckon I'd be in tears if I'd paid my money and she walked into the room also...

18 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Next season they surely have to fix League Cup SFs for preceding or following weekend. No clash could occur that way as we can't have 2 clubs in CL groups (and even if we did their games might be 1 Tue/1 Wed).

It wasn't outlandish to think we might have 2 clubs in EL groups, yet it wasn't taken into account. As I mentioned they have taken account of CL/EL factor for League Cup Final.

It wasn't taken into account because it was quite unexpected that we'd make the groups even by Rangers fans.

They've taken into account for the final because they've made the assumption that Celtic will be in the final and also in European groups.

Was to me.

Lets face it as a Clyde fan you're permanently seething ya gammon. 

Get some barbecue sauce in, ive heard their planning a spit-roast for you [emoji33]

armageddon-poster.thumb.png.1193aedb9c4c4d29c0fc40d3b73f3ece.png

Here’s a free lesson in multi-quoting.

Archived