Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

So, general consensus on here and social media seems to be it's perfectly fine for Celtic and Rangers fans to be expected to head up to Aberdeen (bear in mind these are regular die hard fans) for every fixture there at 12.00 when public transport is not an option but when the Dons make a semi final at Hampden kick off should be scheduled to be convenient for their fans specifically, even more specifically the ones who only fancy away days for a semi or a final?

Here's a wee suggestion guys, use cars or supporters buses like we have to do when we head up north, including our scheduled fixture there on fucking boxing day where, if we were to use public transport we'd have to head up on Christmas Eve  ! 

Worth pointing out that there will be many Celtic and Rangers fans from outwith Glasgow, even from England and Ireland travelling for these fixtures who will be massively inconvenienced by these dates and kick off times, there is no way of scheduling big games for clubs with big supports that keeps everyone happy but, it would appear, according to Aberdeen's statement, as well as that from that fucking prostitute Ann Budge it should be done specifically to cater for their supporters only.

Fact is, Aberdeen are based approximately 150 miles from the national stadium, other than rebuild a new national stadium north of Dundee just to suit them there is no easy way of scheduling semi finals to the convenience of their fans, fact is, those that want to go enough will go, whether that be going in cars, official supporters buses (like I do every game) or hire mini buses etc as a one off, its three  and a bit hours down the motorway for fucks sake, it's hardly as if they're being expected to navigate the trans Siberian railway in midwinter arctic conditions. 

Same goes for Hearts fans inconvenienced at having to get back to Edinburgh at 10.00 pm at night, shock horror , im sure there will be plenty delighted at having the opportunity for an all day, pre match sesh in either Glasgow or Edinburgh with plenty time beforehand to make the match.

It's not an ideal way to schedule these games, i'll give you that, but whatever decision the authorities came up with some would have complained regardless. 

Not one person has said that rangers and celtic fans travelling to Dingwall/aberdeen/Inverness is fair. The difference mainly is that you have an allocation of 2/3000 for these games and it's perfectly feasible to sell these out with as you put it, die hard supporters.

A semi should be a showpiece occasion, one that people can take young kids to. How many aberdonians will be willing to get their kids at 0730 or earlier on a Sunday and how many jambos will be willing to get their kids to bed at 0000 or later on a Sunday.

As I've said previously, all this does is cut down on the attendance of both Aberdeen and hearts fans thus further adding to the advantage of the arsecheeks having it in their own city.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, HAMLISCH said:

armageddon-poster.png

Well done on spectacularly missing my point.  Doncaster said it was the "best and most practical solution", when it wasn't.  Play at Murrayfield, reschedule the Hearts - Celtic semi, forcing one of you p***ks to play on the given date, that would've been the more practical and better solutions to this mess.

15 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Zero fucks given to fans of Hearts and Aberdeen.

I hope Glasgow is a fucking war zone on the day.

When you think the fools who run our game can't be anymore incompetent, they manage to find a way.

They will ensure we remain as a joke to England and the rest of Europe.

Who gives a toss what they think?

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Clearly all down to contractual obligations to play at Hampden. If they didn’t exist you could’ve had Aberdeen v Rangers at Hampden, 1.30pm kick off, Celtic v Hearts at Murrayfield, 4.00pm kick off.

When was this contract signed? I've seen Hearts in 6 non Hampden League cup semi finals in the last 21 years, the most recent being 2014. Hibs and st Johnstone played at Tynecastle in a 2016 league cup semi.

When was this contract signed? I've seen Hearts in 6 non Hampden League cup semi finals in the last 21 years, the most recent being 2014.

I'm assuming it's when BT sport took it over. Seems like a short-sighted decision, particularly if two teams with smaller supports end up playing at a 1/4 full Hampden. Scheduling this for the weekend after European ties would have also avoided this situation.

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Not one person has said that rangers and celtic fans travelling to Dingwall/aberdeen/Inverness is fair. The difference mainly is that you have an allocation of 2/3000 for these games and it's perfectly feasible to sell these out with as you put it, die hard supporters.

A semi should be a showpiece occasion, one that people can take young kids to. How many aberdonians will be willing to get their kids at 0730 or earlier on a Sunday and how many jambos will be willing to get their kids to bed at 0000 or later on a Sunday.

As I've said previously, all this does is cut down on the attendance of both Aberdeen and hearts fans thus further adding to the advantage of the arsecheeks having it in their own city.

Aberdeen took just over 12k to the semi final against motherwell last season, that was a 12.15ko, i take it there was outright rage at them not being able to take their kids etc to that showpiece event or is the anger now simply because of the opposition and the rivalry between them? 

Aberdeen took just over 12k to the semi final against motherwell last season, that was a 12.15ko, i take it there was outright rage at them not being able to take their kids etc to that showpiece event or is the anger now simply because of the opposition and the rivalry between them? 
That was a Saturday that allowed people to choose their travel plans, multiple trains, buses etc. Also not knackering kids for going back to school on Monday. Just show a bit or perspective and admit it's a total cluster f**k that favours rangers and celtic.

Celtic and Sevco fans are upset but only because they're perma-raging simpletons so completely obsessed with looking for evidence of one being favoured over the other that they are literally unable to process the idea that other clubs exist.

How many aberdonians will be willing to get their kids at 0730 or earlier on a Sunday and how many jambos will be willing to get their kids to bed at 0000 or later on a Sunday.

It may just be me but as a kid I would have loved to get up early and jump in a car or bus to travel to Hampden to see my team. Imagine the excitement on Saturday night, knowing as soon as you're up the next morning the journey begins.

I can remember returning home late way after my bed time from the midweek semi final penalty win against Hearts. The feeling was fucking amazing. Lying in bed, trying to get to sleep for school the next day. The cheering still in my ears and the sight of Chris Honor celebrating the winning penalty. I was buzzing out my tits.

If it wasn't for that, 14 year old me would have always thought a w**k was the best feeling in the world.

Oh and we didn't take the train, f**k knows how we managed to get to Hampden without one.

Archived