Queen's Park vs Clyde

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good clearly a far superior side just a bad day at the office?
Here’s a slightly trickier one
P27 W4 D5 L18 [emoji848]

Shame this isn’t accurate, should read P25 W5 D3 L17

If you include the playoff tie thats another win each but yours is still wrong.

Painful reading for Clyde fans and if we thought our record at Hampden was bad in home games vs QP our record is P12 W2 D0 L10 [emoji85]

Unbelievably there are actually 5 teams we have faced in League 2 that we have a worse points to matches played ratio against than QP!
Well that's what a decade of mismanagement does for you , but things on and off the pitch starting to look good ( Saturday excluded) but considering the state of the club 18 months ago where we are now is progress

Painful reading for Clyde fans and if we thought our record at Hampden was bad in home games vs QP our record is P12 W2 D0 L10 [emoji85]

I stand corrected
Either user error or blame the SPL website
Since discovered futbol24.com which has a good ‘compare teams’ function
Reckon Peterhead are QP’s nemesis win ratio of less than 20% but also a pretty poor record against our friends from Cliftonhill 30% win ratio

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Painful reading for Clyde fans and if we thought our record at Hampden was bad in home games vs QP our record is P12 W2 D0 L10 emoji85.png

Our record at Airdrie against them was fantastic in fairness.

I stand corrected
Either user error or blame the SPL website
Since discovered futbol24.com which has a good ‘compare teams’ function
Reckon Peterhead are QP’s nemesis win ratio of less than 20% but also a pretty poor record against our friends from Cliftonhill 30% win ratio

Peterhead are one of the 5 sides we have a worse record against than yourselves, including 0 wins in our 9 League 2 visits to Balmoor.

Would guess Peterhead, Arbroath, Albion Rovers, Alloa and Stranraer?

Peterhead, Arbroath and Alloa are all correct. The other 2 are Rangers and Forfar.

Albion rovers and Stranraer are the next 2 above QP with our record against them marginally better.

Thought we had a decent support - though quite quiet (400-500 was my guess on here last week)

Thought we where pish - probably our worst performance in the league this season

Thought  QP where the better team and most certainly the hungrier (which is a worry)

Cant afford to lose any more ground to the top two

Next 3 game are massive

Lennon needs to boot some baws after that performance (particularly the 1st half)

If there is such a thing as a "bogey-team" then Queens Park are most certainly ours

We better be fucking up for it and have plenty to play for come Sat 29th Dec.

1 hour ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

Thought we had a decent support - though quite quiet (400-500 was my guess on here last week)

Thought we where pish - probably our worst performance in the league this season

Thought  QP where the better team and most certainly the hungrier (which is a worry)

Cant afford to lose any more ground to the top two

Next 3 game are massive

Lennon needs to boot some baws after that performance (particularly the 1st half)

If there is such a thing as a "bogey-team" then Queens Park are most certainly ours

We better be fucking up for it and have plenty to play for come Sat 29th Dec.

Don’t believe in bogey teams, if iwere to be honest, I would say QP have been better than us for the past decade and enjoyed so much success against us basically because they have been better. I don’t believe that is the case this season, if we had played anywhere near the standard we all expected on Saturday I’ve no doubt  we would have won. Just a shit day to have a stinker, hopefully a reality check like Saturday could benefit us going into  the next 2 games with a better attitude.

My consern, and it's the fact nothing  changes in years of supporting Clyde, is that we simply  don't win the big games! Even though we have improved beyond recognition under Lennon we have failed to :

• Beat Berwick last season when outside chance of playoff was there
  • Beat or even draw with Peterhead this year
  • Beat or even draw with Edinburgh this year
  • In context that they team knew how much a result on Saturday meant to the support we  failed again!

I'm not saying I know the answer, I'm not paid to find that and I do think that ultimately Lennon is the guy who will.  It is a worry, but as I say not a new worry.

My consern, and it's the fact nothing  changes in years of supporting Clyde, is that we simple don't win the big games! Even though we have improved beyond recognition under Lennon we have failed to :
  • In context that they team knew how much a result on Saturday meant to the support we  failed again!
I'm not saying I know the answer, I'm not paid to find that and I do think that ultimately Lennon is the guy who will.  It is a worry, but as I say not a new worry.

In my 20+ years supporting Clyde I think I can count on one hand the number of high stakes games we have won. Celtic in the Cup being the immediate stand out. 4-0 away to Raith in the Cup and the remarkable come back vs Alloa in the relegation play off also memorable.

Far more common for us to shit the bed. Title decider vs ICT at Broadwood, Cup game after dispatching of Celtic vs Gretna, Challenge Cup final, literally every match vs QP. I’m sure there are countless more examples.

33 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

In a Queen's Park match thread :lol::lol::lol: Delightful!

Clyde FC. The club that just keeps on giving :lol::lol:

Not wanting to put any dampener on your reply Socks, but if you read my post you will see that there is, as I say a big game in context, therefore meaning it was not quite the same as some  other games. Of course you really did know that.

However, if you derive some personal delight and pleasure from my post I'm happy for you.  

Don’t believe in bogey teams, if iwere to be honest, I would say QP have been better than us for the past decade and enjoyed so much success against us basically because they have been better. I don’t believe that is the case this season, if we had played anywhere near the standard we all expected on Saturday I’ve no doubt  we would have won. Just a shit day to have a stinker, hopefully a reality check like Saturday could benefit us going into  the next 2 games with a better attitude.

Spot on

My consern, and it's the fact nothing  changes in years of supporting Clyde, is that we simply  don't win the big games! Even though we have improved beyond recognition under Lennon we have failed to :
Didn't realise Saturday was a title decider
Nevermind always next year

Archived