Queen's Park vs Clyde

35 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Went to the game on Saturday as just an average punter who loves following his local team. By the end of it I was apparently a dirty, snobby, posh, Brexit voting, Tory b*****d, which will be news to my nearest and dearest.

Great 3 points which we desperately needed after that run of defeats. We’re not going to be the prettiest team to watch this season but we’ve shown a few times already that we can battle and scrap for wins. When we went down to 10 men I was just waiting for Clyde to score given how the game ended at Elgin but the defence was outstanding, especially Gerry. Thankfully Goodwillie had an off day in front of goal, missed a couple of decent chances that he really should have buried

Oh and Larry Hood must have used up all his riddies allowance over the weekend given the amount he dished out to an86. Almost as much of a seething mess as YOLT

Panic not Mick. That ridicule was obviously directed at me. Fits me to a "T".

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, an86 said:

I’m not even sure what this is meant to be. Is it a slagging? Attempt at patter? Unsure.

The pseudo intellect that is "You Only Live Twice" going about the board telling everyone how intellectually inferior they are to he/she is a real highlight at the minute.

Went to the game on Saturday as just an average punter who loves following his local team. By the end of it I was apparently a dirty, snobby, posh, Brexit voting, Tory b*****d, which will be news to my nearest and dearest.

You forgot "Herald reading" [emoji6]

I've no idea what abuse the Queenies were giving to the Clyde supporters. You were completely silent for the vast majority of the game. Even the cheer for your goal was weak and elderly.

1 minute ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I thought the celebrations for the goal were tame as well but they made up for it at the final whistle.

I only knew it was a goal for certain when the players ran away. It was a strange one. Keeper got close to it and the goal was right on the edge of the shade and sun. Think most were in the same boat.

1 minute ago, an86 said:

I only knew it was a goal for certain when the players ran away. It was a strange one. Keeper got close to it and the goal was right on the edge of the shade and sun. Think most were in the same boat.

I initially thought Currie had stopped it. So that makes 2 times i had a celebration cut extremely short!

Yes I wasn't sure it was in at first, but the highlights show it was a really well placed penalty that the keeper did well to anticipate.

A good team performance and we look to have a better control of midfield than of late. The 4-4-2 works well.

Good stop by Hart to keep us in it.

Will be good to see some new faces over the next couple of weeks. Dom McLaren. Euan East, Moore etc.

Despite his frustrating limitations I'm a fan of Smart. Great fitness, wins his headers, tackles well and tricky feet. Very one footed though, and his decision making and weight of pass is a bit random.

14 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

I'm glad that I bring some level of amusement into your otherwise pathetic excuse of an existence.

QP are easy pickings to be fair, but catching the attention of the tedious Cowdenbeath mouthpiece on yet another unrelated thread is a sweet bonus for sure.

Excellent stuff.

However, I am not quite sure how this thread is "unrelated" to a fan of another League 2 team. You do know that we are all in the same division, yes? Another swing and a miss for you.

18 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Yes I wasn't sure it was in at first, but the highlights show it was a really well placed penalty that the keeper did well to anticipate.

A good team performance and we look to have a better control of midfield than of late. The 4-4-2 works well.

Good stop by Hart to keep us in it.

Will be good to see some new faces over the next couple of weeks. Dom McLaren. Euan East, Moore etc.

Despite his frustrating limitations I'm a fan of Smart. Great fitness, wins his headers, tackles well and tricky feet. Very one footed though, and his decision making and weight of pass is a bit random.

Smart is a decent player but frustrating. He did ok for us without being spectacular but didn't really do much wrong either. Lost his place after Lennon replaced the car crash of a manager that is Jim Chapman.

Excellent stuff.
However, I am not quite sure how this thread is "unrelated" to a fan of another League 2 team. You do know that we are all in the same division, yes? Another swing and a miss for you.
Cowdenbeath fan mmmmmm

49 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Yes, passed when he should have shot , then shot when he should have passed. There is a decent player in there though.

Keep going lads...theres a match thread in here somewhere.

For anyone not aware...you can go to the settings in your profile and select the Ignored Users option, type in the username of the irritating ten-year old twat that has dug himself halfway to China and hit the button instantly and his posts will just disappear. I had a list of two before the weekend, now I have four. Three of them don't support Queen's Park. God I miss the L1 forum. Peace out!

image.png.5076f32eb51c75b221e23b855d44d8c3.png

Please, remind us how that worked out for you again.

I’m sure League 1 desperately pines for the return of your honking anti-football though.

IMG_7607.jpg.bb8f54561da689f28c2f6f8b06bc4b93.jpg

occupying the total football high ground now [emoji23]
Remind us the last time Clyde scaled the dizzy heights of League 1 [emoji848]

7 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

While we are at it, what about:

When was the last time QP progressed above League 1? When was the last time a QP fan progressed above 30 decibels? How will QP time waste effectively once they move to diddy Hampden? Who in Scotland actually wants the QP job?

They are the questions which keep us all up at night.

Thought the tears would have stopped streaming and dried in by now. Apparently not.

A more pertinent question would perhaps be ‘the last time Clyde scaled to the dizzy heights of League 1, did they last for more than 2 seasons whilst playing something that even closely resembles football?’

Answers on a postcard if you please.

[emoji42][emoji99]

7 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Even the cheer for your goal was weak and elderly.

Oh dear. Now we can add ageism to your burgeoning list of prejudices. I'm sure your parents are very proud.

Thought the tears would have stopped streaming and dried in by now. Apparently not.
International break still at least a week of this to go and you wouldn't have it any other way [emoji16]

Archived