Queen's Park vs Clyde

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What does arithmetic have to do with string theory? Or were you doing an impression of the policeman from Allo Allo?

Good monning ok I know this might be tricky for you but take it slowly the picture shows the entire away support that's both sections of the stand the clue is in the the two flags to the right of the support

No get off the internet or you will miss the bus to ibrox [emoji6]

Thought it was a very good QP performance. I was happy that Roberts changed the formation to 4-4-2 as it gave us more attacking options. Also felt that putting Mortimer on the right of a midfield four was a good decision. I felt he looked comfortable in that position using his speed and strength to get in some good crosses and providing defensive support for Grant. Really happy with the way the team closed Clyde down, not giving them time on the ball. Also glad that Roberts was playing deeper alongside McKernon ( who I thought was excellent). Thought the defence overall were excellent although just after half time they struggled for 15 minutes as Clyde stepped it up. However, I would like Hart to stay on his line as he quite often gets caught in no man's land at cross balls. Thought Peters played well and on another day could have scored a couple more. Would like East to start on the left of midfield as I thought he was excellent when he came on. If Duffy does not have the job, on yesterday's performance Roberts hasn't done himself any harm.

Great post. This squad has more potential scorers than I can remember in recent times and the number of opportunities would confirm that. The conversion factor needs improved. That could be just down to confidence and composure, both breed each other. Delighted at getting 3 points and reversing the trend but ultimately it was a dead ball that made the difference. I'm sure it will come if Roberts wants to stay. Players certainly seem to be with him.

Changes the mood for next week too. No excuses for failure there.

Very healthy away support and nice of the players to barely acknowledge it [emoji106] and the mangers post match seemed more interested in praising queens park than our performance thought we played well in second half [emoji23] and puts most of the blame on the defence and some crap about sideways passes all a complete smoke screen queens park wanted it more than we did were prepared to put in tackles attack the ball and showed real desire

Well three big games coming up no hiding places or excuses

Spot on with this, that performance and the general appearance of not being arsed displayed by most of our team yesterday was very concerning. QP were poor, as displayed when we stepped it up in second half, but overall we were far poorer than them. The fact we have quite able players makes this worse.

How can Lamont go from motm last week to losing the ball everytime he got it this week? Mcstay too hot and cold, cold all game yesterday. Nicoll a liability AGAIN. Actually thought Grant was the best of a bad bunch in midfield yesterday.

Lennon has brought in players that should be capable enough at this level but we need to really work on motivation and consistency.

ETA: For such a large support to head through yesterday and that performance to be served up isn’t good enough.

4 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Every time I have gone onto this forum after a QP win against Clyde ( which has been very often) Clyde fans have claimed QP only won because Clyde were poorer than a poor QP team.
I wish we were as consistently “poor” against other teams.

Also love when the term "worst qp team In recent years" gets mentioned. Pretty sure that phrase was used everytime we played Clyde in our promotion season.

[emoji38] what? I follow every single Scottish club’s twitter you utter creep. What an absurd point to make. Clearly you don’t understand twitter, or much else for that matter.
Jeez don’t mention the Clyde support or they lose their head instead of answering genuine questions. 
Genuine question? [emoji1]

You've been at the wind up on the Clyde threads the last few weeks. Fair play as you're still getting plenty of bites.

1 hour ago, PeterParker said:

Thought it was a very good QP performance. I was happy that Roberts changed the formation to 4-4-2 as it gave us more attacking options. Also felt that putting Mortimer on the right of a midfield four was a good decision. I felt he looked comfortable in that position using his speed and strength to get in some good crosses and providing defensive support for Grant. Really happy with the way the team closed Clyde down, not giving them time on the ball. Also glad that Roberts was playing deeper alongside McKernon ( who I thought was excellent). Thought the defence overall were excellent although just after half time they struggled for 15 minutes as Clyde stepped it up. However, I would like Hart to stay on his line as he quite often gets caught in no man's land at cross balls. Thought Peters played well and on another day could have scored a couple more. Would like East to start on the left of midfield as I thought he was excellent when he came on. If Duffy does not have the job, on yesterday's performance Roberts hasn't done himself any harm.

I am led to believe that Duffy was never seriously in the frame. He wants higher league. I would be content with Roberts based on that performance. If he carries the players, give him the job.

13 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Just outside Hampden I saw a QP fan pick up a bag of dog shite sitting next to a bin then sniff the weighty underside of the transparent plastic before  dropping it back to the ground again.

Disgusting club.

It was nice to meet you.

The team that put more effort in , over the whole 90 minutes, deservedly won.

We were the better team in the second half, but it was too little too late.

Absolute shit view from "the Clyde end", particularly because of the sun.

Serious question for Queens fans - why are away fans put there, instead of where we were at the play-off game a couple of seasons ago?

Haven't a clue what was happening at the far end of the park. I cant believe the SFA have agreed to keep Hampden. It's a dump.

I look forward to future games at Lesser Hampden, where I might actually see what I've paid for.

Finally, I don't get the negative comments about Grant. He was undoubtedly far better than most, and in fact got my vote for our MoM.

Get Stewart back in at left back, and Grant in midfield instead of McStay or Rankin.

I thought Grant struggled at left back, partly to the system which left him exposed. McStay does an excellent job protecting Cuddihy on the other side but we seemed to be relying AKB to track back on the left.

I also thought he was good in midfield, passing the ball forward and able to work himself out of a press. Nowhere near our worst, even if he didn't manage to injure himself doing a tackle.

7 minutes ago, clyde4ever said:

Absolute shit view from "the Clyde end", particularly because of the sun.

Serious question for Queens fans - why are away fans put there, instead of where we were at the play-off game a couple of seasons ago?

Haven't a clue what was happening at the far end of the park. I cant believe the SFA have agreed to keep Hampden. It's a dump.

I look forward to future games at Lesser Hampden, where I might actually see what I've paid for.

Stopped going to this fixture for those exact reasons.

Archived