Queen's Park vs Clyde

The final face-off between these two sides before Queen's Park formally ditch their absolute myth of an "amateur" status. Will Mark Roberts' men reroute Clyde's march to League 1?

With players like Gerry McLauchlan standing out for QP this season, it would be remiss of anyone to anticipate anything other than The Spiders being on the receiving end of a fairly comprehensive bodying. I tweeted McBookie for odds on Clyde -3 and was quoted 15/1. I would urge fellow gamblers to get in on this before the odds tumble.

4-0 to Clyde is my prediction, Goodwillie securing himself his first match ball of the season with Sergio Ramos Martin McNiff and his bezzie Kevin Nicoll also getting in on the act.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously we’ve got a trip to Elgin to deal with first, but it’s a worry for us that Goodwillie’s predatory instincts seem to have crossed over from off-field to on-field. If Gerry can smash him into the South Stand early on, that should keep him quiet enough. 

Also, are KKKlyde liable to risk Ally Love for this one, given that we’re likely to have a player from an ethnic minority background on the field? 

Let’s delve into the archives to our last couple of meetings, just to whet the appetite.

E94CDD2F-FA41-4C74-BB8B-FBBA4EB4468C.jpeg

50BAE40B-6762-4EA4-95F5-A1D18CA6182D.jpeg

F0AA6FCA-4E59-41A4-80A5-D9D450DF82DF.jpeg

29 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

The final face-off between these two sides before Queen's Park formally ditch their absolute myth of an "amateur" status. Will Mark Roberts' men reroute Clyde's march to League 1?

With players like Gerry McLauchlan standing out for QP this season, it would be remiss of anyone to anticipate anything other than The Spiders being on the receiving end of a fairly comprehensive bodying. I tweeted McBookie for odds on Clyde -3 and was quoted 15/1. I would urge fellow gamblers to get in on this before the odds tumble.

4-0 to Clyde is my prediction, Goodwillie securing himself his first match ball of the season with Sergio Ramos Martin McNiff and his bezzie Kevin Nicoll also getting in on the act.

Question is when will Clyde formally ditch their absolute myth of being a professional club.

19 minutes ago, an86 said:

Obviously we’ve got a trip to Elgin to deal with first, but it’s a worry for us that Goodwillie’s pradatory instincts seem to have crossed over from off-field to on-field. If Gerry can smash him into the South Stand early on, that should keep him quiet enough. 

Also, are KKKlyde liable to risk Ally Love for this one, given that we’re likely to have a player from an ethnic minority background on the field? 

Let’s delve into the archives to our last couple of meetings, just to whet the appetite.

E94CDD2F-FA41-4C74-BB8B-FBBA4EB4468C.jpeg

50BAE40B-6762-4EA4-95F5-A1D18CA6182D.jpeg

F0AA6FCA-4E59-41A4-80A5-D9D450DF82DF.jpeg

Better luck next time. 

Will this game definitely be at Hampden, aye? I know QP have got a really embarrassing record of being punted out their own ground by their puppet masters. 

4 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Better luck next time. 

Will this game definitely be at Hampden, aye? I know QP have got a really embarrassing record of being punted out their own ground by their puppet masters. 

How did you come to play at Broadwood again? Turfed out of Shawfield because more people were interested in speedway than Clyde, I believe?

We’ll have our own ground ready within a couple of years. No begging our rivals for tenancy for years for us. Just glad we won’t be parked out in the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere. What a terrible existence that would be. Do the BMX lads still take priority over you btw?

2 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Tell me, now that dear Gus 'the Bus' MacPherson has departed your sinking ship of a club, are the Queue Pee fans going to get right behind the team and offer a vocal support of furious whispers to encourage them on to glorious defeat?

Will be backing the team, yes. Will the Clyde support be lauding and chanting the name of a rapist?

4 minutes ago, CK said:

Gus clearly shat it at the prospect of being shown up by Mr Lennon at Hampden again.

Kenny_Miller_1600848a.jpg

lennon-385092.jpg

One of these men is currently at a Premiership club. One is at a club that groundshares with Cumbernauld Colts.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

How did you come to play at Broadwood again? Turfed out of Shawfield because more people were interested in speedway than Clyde, I believe?

We’ll have our own ground ready within a couple of years. No begging our rivals for tenancy for years for us. Just glad we won’t be parked out in the middle of a field in the middle of nowhere. What a terrible existence that would be. Do the BMX lads still take priority over you btw?

Queen's Park have played 'home' games at more grounds than Clyde have in the last 15 years. Quite happy to go begging to your neighbours when Coldplay are punting you out your own ground :lol:

Was anyone remotely surprised when you meekly surrendered ownership of Hampden to the SFA?

2 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Queen's Park have played 'home' games at more grounds than Clyde have in the last 15 years. Quite happy to go begging to your neighbours when Coldplay are punting you out your own ground :lol:

Was anyone remotely surprised when you meekly surrendered ownership of Hampden to the SFA?

Making way for high end international and popular culture events was the least we could do for our local economy. Who ended up winning the BMX event that you were turfed out for?

Clyde will win this by three clear goals. Anything less then Lennon has to go. I want only the very best for Clyde FC.

David Goodwillie (unfortunate name, all things considered) is a fine footballer who deserves a second chance in society. I hope playing at the National Stadium helps with his recuperation.

Clyde too have had an unwarranted lean spell and I hope this season sees them following the Livingston path back to the upper levels of Scottish football. 

P.S. I'm going to pop a note off to those scoundrels at G4S to see if we can't get you lads seats nearer the game. Fingers crossed they can read.

Archived