Polyamory

ICTChris

The Guardian have published an article on the polyamorous lifestyle, which the article claims is growing.  Polyamory is the practice of being in simultaneous romantic relationships with members of the same or opposite sex.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/sep/25/truth-about-polyamory-monogamy-open-relationships

Kudos to the Guardian, for finding a load of people so dreadful that it's astounding that they found a single person to shag them let alone a harem who are up for it.  My favourite person in it the article is Calum James, who identifies as a "heteroflexible pansexual solo polyamorous relationship anarchist".   U wot m8?  Also, Aditya really needs to strap on a pair, you aren't polyamorous, your missus is just shagging about mate.

Have any P&Bers ever been in a polyamorous relationship?

Do any P&Bers identify as a heteroflexible pansexual solo polyamorous relationship anarchist?

Do any other P&Bers find the people in the article extremely self absorbed, childish and clearly unable to deal with the level of self sacrifice and compromise that an actual adult relationship entails? 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“When I started dating someone else, my partner Laura expressed that she was feeling jealous,” says Mike Scoins, 28, also in the polycule. “So I told her: ‘I acknowledge your feelings. Can we unpack the fear that is underlying your jealousy?’ (sound of shotgun blast and a high pitched scream)

Before I met my current missus I was single for around 9 months. At one point during that period I was shagging 4 different women on a regular basis. I won’t justify it as polyamourous, I just really liked getting my hole as often as a could. Nothing but pure male ego for me, and a mixture of immaturity and ego for the folk in that article.

There isnt a linear relationship between fanny and hassle. The hassle of being with one woman, graphed against the benefits would tend to fall in the acceptable zone. If you add more women, the benefits may tick up slightly but the hassle goes through the fucking roof.

For that reason, I am out.

54 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Before I met my current missus I was single for around 9 months. At one point during that period I was shagging 4 different women on a regular basis. I won’t justify it as polyamourous, I just really liked getting my hole as often as a could. Nothing but pure male ego for me, and a mixture of immaturity and ego for the folk in that article.

Everyone should have a phase like that. It's gloriously sinful but too stressful to juggle for too long.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The Guardian have published an article on the polyamorous lifestyle, which the article claims is growing.  Polyamory is the practice of being in simultaneous romantic relationships with members of the same or opposite sex.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/sep/25/truth-about-polyamory-monogamy-open-relationships

Kudos to the Guardian, for finding a load of people so dreadful that it's astounding that they found a single person to shag them let alone a harem who are up for it.  My favourite person in it the article is Calum James, who identifies as a "heteroflexible pansexual solo polyamorous relationship anarchist".   U wot m8?  Also, Aditya really needs to strap on a pair, you aren't polyamorous, your missus is just shagging about mate.

Have any P&Bers ever been in a polyamorous relationship?

Do any P&Bers identify as a heteroflexible pansexual solo polyamorous relationship anarchist?

Do any other P&Bers find the people in the article extremely self absorbed, childish and clearly unable to deal with the level of self sacrifice and compromise that an actual adult relationship entails? 

For some reason the Guardian has loads of articles on this, or talks about it in other similar articles, and likes to keep pretending that this is a really popular thing now that everyone's into, which I doubt very much. 

48 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Not for me.
One woman is hard enough work without having a few more.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There isnt a linear relationship between fanny and hassle. The hassle of being with one woman, graphed against the benefits would tend to fall in the acceptable zone. If you add more women, the benefits may tick up slightly but the hassle goes through the fucking roof.

For that reason, I am out.

^^^^This. Its just not worth it.

For some reason the Guardian has loads of articles on this, or talks about it in other similar articles, and likes to keep pretending that this is a really popular thing now that everyone's into, which I doubt very much. 
All part of the Guardian's efforts to be like a more trendy and socially mobile Vice. Middle class wankathons about dinner parties and folk playing Buffy the Vampire Slayer board games.

Archived