Livi v The Rangers

1 minute ago, Forest of Dean said:

What's the "odd truth"? That if Dundee didn't turn up for their scheduled game, thereby giving us an automatic win, that we wouldn't get a full payday?

Basically yes.

Livingston contributed as much to today's crowd as did their opponents.  Similarly, Dundee contributed just as much to that Ibrox crowd a couple of weeks ago.

I know that this concept utterly baffles you, but it's one of those truths.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Basically yes.

Livingston contributed as much to today's crowd as did their opponents.  Similarly, Dundee contributed just as much to that Ibrox crowd a couple of weeks ago.

I know that this concept utterly baffles you, but it's one of those truths.

It's not a truth at all it's obviously false. In your example if Dundee didn't turn up we'd still get the vast majority of the money from the game than if they did as season ticket is either already paid or contractually agreed to be paid by the fans.

It's not a truth at all it's obviously false. In your example if Dundee didn't turn up we'd still get the vast majority of the money from the game than if they did as season ticket is either already paid or contractually agreed to be paid by the fans.

Jeez, you really don't get this, do you?

It's all reciprocal you know.  Individual matches require two teams.  Those matches only have meaning in the context of competitions involving many others.

Remove such elements and nobody buys a match ticket, a season ticket or an executive box.  

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Jeez, you really don't get this, do you?

It's all reciprocal you know.  Individual matches require two teams.  Those matches only have meaning in the context of competitions involving many others.

Remove such elements and nobody buys a match ticket, a season ticket or an executive box.  

But again you don't understand that it doesn't require two teams. If Dundee didn't get on their bus to Glasgow and didn't play the game, we'd still get most of the money that we would have if they did. Dundee have nothing to do with it.

Just now, Forest of Dean said:

But again you don't understand that it doesn't require two teams. If Dundee didn't get on their bus to Glasgow and didn't play the game, we'd still get most of the money that we would have if they did. Dundee have nothing to do with it.

What?

If teams didn't come to play at Ibrox, Rangers would still shift tens of thousands of season tickets for the venue?

This is remarkable.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What?

If teams didn't come to play at Ibrox, Rangers would still shift tens of thousands of season tickets for the venue?

This is remarkable.

So now your reduction to hypotheticals must include the provision that the league isn't even played at all? 

So now your reduction to hypotheticals must include the provision that the league isn't even played at all? 

Yes, my friend.  That's the point I'm making. 

I fear however that we're detracting from discussion of your favourite team's latest humiliation, so we should probably leave it there.

Dreadful performance from start to finish. Absolutely dreadful!! No excuses. Rangers were beaten by a TEAM that just wanted it more! That is unforgivable 

I was just checking out of hotel this morning as Rangers team came in for pre match meal. Can they not eat at THTC???

As for the utter scumbag that hit the linesman. GTF away from our club!! Again absolutely no excuses. What sort of fud throws something at a match official? Sometimes I’m left speechless at some of the Arseholes That Follow Rangers!!

Anyway good luck to Livi. Thoroughly deserved all three points and actually the score line flatters Rangers 

2 hours ago, AMBER MACHINE said:

I was surrounded by the b*****ds. Took great delight in celebrating Menga's goal with extreme PASSION.

You must have been sitting near me.  The nick of some of them, the one that had been nippy with me at kick off went away with tail firmly between his legs - utter scum the lot of them.

52 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Even Livi fans on here were saying that "thank you for the 3 points and all the money" which is fair enough. I think you're being overly sensitive here on others' behalf.

Monkey spent around a week arguing about chalked off and chopped off goals, this will probably go the same way.

Archived