Livi v The Rangers

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a journey this is, I’m in dream land, I honestly am, two seasons ago I was heading back from Peterhead, now we are sitting 3rd in the premiership. 

Was an outstanding performance and a little bit of me is disappointed we didn’t get the 3 or 4 we deserved to really rub it in. 

Our defence is unreal, Halkett who was let go by Rangers for not being good enough was hands down the best player on the pitch today, 5 clean sheets in 7, he has to be in with a shout of a Scotland call up. 

14 points and we’ve played everyone that’s in the current top 6, we’ve conceded 4 goals, 3 of which came against Celtic at parkhead, this all done with players players that we signed from East Fife, Airdrie, Bo’ness, and Dunfermline, quite a story, what a ride. 

As for the Rangers fans, and the linesman being hit by a coin, I’m not surprised, shame on them, it’s about time the SFA deducted points, if they done that then Rangers fans would be quick to police themselves, deduct them 3 points and the next time a fan throws something they will be handed to the police fairly quickly, sadly the SFA will slap them on the wrists and it’ll be swept under the carpet. 

If anything embarrasses our game in this country it’s not our pitch, it’s these idiots that sing sectarian bile and throw coins. 

By the way did anyone know a boy named Bobby Sands ? Poor fella died apparently. 

Anyway, tremendous Livi, a joy to watch. 

Oh and thanks for the blue pound and the three points :thumsup2

9 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Our defence is unreal, Halkett who was let go by Rangers for not being good enough was hands down the best player on the pitch today, 5 clean sheets in 7, he has to be in with a shout of a Scotland call up. 

He was absolutely brilliant. Didn't give anyone a sniff. Sadly don't think he'll get a call-up at Livingston but maybe as despite Eck's faults he's been more willing than Strachan to pick Scottish based players.

Halkett along with Morgan, McLean and a few others being another youth disastrously released by us.

2 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

It must be absolutely mental being Livi fan.

It is fucking ludicrous. Glad we're doing it right now though and winning some folk back over despite a turgid time before. We're a core base of 1,000 folk who follow our team to the end no matter what, surrounded by Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Celtic fans even in our hometown. This foray into the big time just justifies it even more for us, I've saw my team play in every professional tier of Scottish football, saw us win two cups and now twice have saw us sit at third in the top tier of Scottish football. f**k supporting a team just because they're successful.

AD606AF4-B720-4EE9-AA74-28751BE3AC0A.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

He was absolutely brilliant. Didn't give anyone a sniff. Sadly don't think he'll get a call-up at Livingston but maybe as despite Eck's faults he's been more willing than Strachan to pick Scottish based players.

Halkett along with Morgan, McLean and a few others being another youth disastrously released by us.

That’s the problem though, why not give him a call up, if he was playing the way he is with Aberdeen or Hearts it wouldn’t even be a discussion he’d be in the squad. 

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Well not long in.

That was another fuckin amazing performance by the amber machine !!

From start to finish once more we never stopped working and we bullied rangers.

No doubt some of they rangers ladz can play but massive question marks when it comes to fight and bottle.

As for the support what a seething mess particularly at the end. It was class to be standing at the end of the west stand waving cheerio to them!!

I must hav been asked outside about 20 times :lol:

Loved the wee ditty.."your club is dead and the unions next" :lol:

As for coining the linesman,when is scottish football gonna wake up and do somethin about these morons.

Run out of greenies but have a handful of virtual ones from me.

Archived