Livi v The Rangers

There's going to be blood, snotters, macaroni and pellets, and that's just the menu in the Almondvale suite.

Looking forward to this game, our immense defence v Sevco goal scoring machine, we'll see if we can throw a spanner in their works and keep another clean sheet. Shaun Byrne winding Morelos right up the same way he did to Willo Flood in the play offs would be glorious, that and another upset with Livi taking something from the game would make for a super Sunday.

Mon the Amber Machine.:bounce2

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same line up for the 4th game in a row I think...

No doubt Rangers are a better side than previous years but they still have a vulnerability about them that we could take advantage of.

The longer the game goes without a goal the more likely we are of getting something, very similar to the weekend, if we go behind it’s going to be a tough afternoon, if we get the first goal then that will suit us perfectly. 

We know what we are going to do, we are going to pressure them into mistakes and hopefully we take our chance or chances when they come.   

Its a bonus game really, anything from this would be excellent, it’s basically going to be an away game with 7k Rangers fans, but we have raised our standards in these scenarios already so no reason we can’t cause another upset. 

A pitch supposedly worse than Kilmarnocks, seriously it can't be that bad?

Going by comments from the hearts - Livi game, we'll be in for a physical defensive game.

I can see us dropping points here, not our kind of game.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Going by comments from the hearts - Livi game, we'll be in for a physical defensive game.

Killies pitch looked like an old threadbare carpet and the ball had a few bad bounces and kicks nf it, ours is pretty decent looking in comparison. No bad bounces either, just black pellets kicking up as it hits the pitch. Not actually heard or read anything from opposition players and managers criticizing our pitch after playing us on it, not so far anyway, just the Sportscene pundits that are obsessed with it, and opposition fans seeing all the pellets bouncing up. Some pellets have been removed though so doesn't look too bad on that score now.

29 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Killies pitch looked like an old threadbare carpet and the ball had a few bad bounces and kicks nf it, ours is pretty decent looking in comparison. No bad bounces either, just black pellets kicking up as it hits the pitch. Not actually heard or read anything from opposition players and managers criticizing our pitch after playing us on it, not so far anyway, just the Sportscene pundits that are obsessed with it, and opposition fans seeing all the pellets bouncing up. Some pellets have been removed though so doesn't look too bad on that score now.

A few friends of mine played on it at the weekend and said the pitch looks worse than it plays. The pellets get everywhere right enough but it's a decent surface to play on

Tricky one to predict.  Livi's biggest problem is scoring.  Their tally of 6 goals ranks them alongside dugshite teams like Celtic, Motherwell and Aberdeen, none of whom we managed to beat.  I doubt they'll outscore us so I'll go for a narrow away win of a low-scoring draw.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Kicking players off the park and getting away with it is exactly your clubs game.

45 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Tough game but think we can get something from this if Rangers don't approach it with the right attitude. Hoping they thump Ayr tonight to add a degree of complacency. 

Aye.  A win tonight followed by pumping your mob on Saturday would suit me fine.

53 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

Just a wee warning to whoevers editing the programme. Don't tell the truth about Rangers their fans will cry and get you sacked.

Worth it IMO. The seethe was absolutely glorious. Pretty sure that was the same game they were all fighting with each other in the stands. 

Another free hit for us, and one we’ve nothing to fear about given we’ve already taken 5 points from last season’s top six already. Not expecting much but if we put in the usual pressing, aggressive game we’ve got a good chance IMO.

Dolly Menga ripping one in here would be most welcome.

Am I right in thinking that the Old Firm have 0 away wins between them in the league this season?

Livi did well at Hearts on Saturday, deserved their point. Can see a draw here.

17 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Tricky one to predict.  Livi's biggest problem is scoring.  Their tally of 6 goals ranks them alongside dugshite teams like Celtic, Motherwell and Aberdeen, none of whom we managed to beat.  I doubt they'll outscore us so I'll go for a narrow away win of a low-scoring draw.

Considering we have one fit out and out striker at the moment and we're relying on midfielder's chipping in I don't think we're doing too bad on the goalscoring front. Set pieces have been a big part of our game and hopefully we continue this at the weekend. 1-0 Livi with a Craig Halkett header from a free kick that was taken from just inside the attacking half.

Archived