Albion Rovers v. Stirling Albion

One Albion sitting on 1 point, the other Albion sitting on 6. Who will take the W this week? Heard Rovers have a great wee goalie in on loan, might be the key to actually keeping a clean sheet for once, where Stirling really need a win to reignite their season after a shite start.

3 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

One Albion sitting on 1 point, the other Albion sitting on 6. Who will take the W this week? Heard Rovers have a great wee goalie in on loan, might be the key to actually keeping a clean sheet for once, where Stirling really need a win to reignite their season after a shite start.

Crucial game for both teams, for the Rovers having gained their first point of the season with a draw at Cowdenbeath, they need to get the win to keep them in touch with the rest of the teams at the bottom and not let too big a gap develop this early in the season.

For the Albion after a poor start they managed to string a run of 2 wins on the trot but last weeks defeat at home to Annan sees them once again back to the poorer performances at the beginning of the season.  Need imo to take something from this game and a win and 3 points will hopefully give them confidence to push on and start getting up the League. 

Lose and questions have to be asked of Dave MacKay`s position as manager this early in the season.  

Hopefully a bounce back after that absolute shit show I had the displeasure of viewing on Saturday. Realistically we should be beating this mob, but we gifted Brechin their first win in f**k knows how long, so anythings possible.

NO MORE FUCKING LONG BALLS!

Lose and questions have to be asked of Dave MacKay`s position as manager this early in the season.  

Questions should be asked about him at this moment in time anyway, win and nothing should change as by everyone’s account this is a poor Albion Rovers side, lose and it should be the end of the road for him.

I mean no disrespect to Rovers when I say this, I’ve said in the past how much I like them, but if we have any real chance of making the Play Offs (the league has gone already) then we can’t afford to drop any more points against teams that are struggling in the league, period.

I’ll travel through to the match as I always do but I don’t really know what to think at the moment. I’m certainly not excited and win, lose or draw and I won’t be surprised.

Initially I was struggling to decide which Lolbion would upstage the other here in terms of sheer utter woefulness, before realising that ultimately I actually couldn't care any less if my life depended upon it.

Care enough to comment.

Happy to help.

Congratulations to John Brogan and the Rovers support.  A report from NASA says the smiles are visible from space.  We on the other hand are having to face up to some nasty realities.  The manager isn't up to it. Neither are his players. That's not a simple fix for any new manager. In short, it's not just Mackay that should be going. He deserves some company.

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

Congratulations to John Brogan and the Rovers support.  A report from NASA says the smiles are visible from space.  We on the other hand are having to face up to some nasty realities.  The manager isn't up to it. Neither are his players. That's not a simple fix for any new manager. In short, it's not just Mackay that should be going. He deserves some company.

Yes well done to the Rovers for their first win of the season, unfortunately at the expense of the Albion who quite frankly did not deserve anything form this match. First half did we even have a shot at goals ? Second half we did try and despite hitting the bar and one or two more chances we simply could not keep Rovers from scoring another 2 goals and its no surprise that Dave MacKay is gone tonight. Just hope whoever we get in to replace him can get us playing a lot better standard of football.  

Can we still make the playoffs this year or is that too much for the new guy to achieve ? time will tell be I would wager we will still be in League 2 next season. 

Archived