What are you afraid of?

Nadroj

Specifically the 'The Angel Islington' property on Monopoly.    

I remember playing with my ex-Moira and three ruddy laps in a row I landed on it - and she'd put up a hotel!    

I wasn't that bothered at losing but she won using idiot women's tactics, buying the electric light company and only the light-blue properties.    

It worked and she pretended she'd played clever; in truth she was really lucky.   But that's dice.   

We're divorced now.  She got 50%.  

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, The new Kia Ceed said:

I remember playing with my ex-Moira and three ruddy laps in a row I landed on it - and she'd put up a hotel!    

I wasn't that bothered at losing but she won using idiot women's tactics, buying the electric light company and only the light-blue properties.    

It worked and she pretended she'd played clever; in truth she was really lucky.   But that's dice.   

The iron, the battleship and the wee Scottie dug?

caving-in-yorkshire-dales-1-768x267.jpg.25d28043754240e90d62daa16ba098e5.jpg

Not at all sure what kind of subconscious blocking was going on when I gave my own, very short list earlier but this. Oh fucketyfucketyfuck so much this. I feel anxious just seeing that photo.

It’s a fairly recent thing for me too - no problems with claustrophobia when I was younger and I’m not sure what’s caused it. 5 or 6 years back Mrs Shotgun and I were visiting friends in Yorkshire and I noticed we’d be close to Ingleton Caves which I’d loved as a kid. That’ll be fun I thought.

Wrong. I was a baw hair away from throwing a full on wobbly the whole time and almost cried with relief when I saw the sky again. I can’t imagine squeezing into those tiny spaces through choice.

Similar story to me, although not divorced and it was Old Kent Road

Clowns. Not keen on flying after a bad flight once then watching too much Aircraft Investigations and reading a book called The Tombstone Imperative. Will still fly though when needs must.

Exact same, but been much better with it in recent years since going to the doctor about it.

Diazepam and beer is a great combination! [emoji4]

13 hours ago, olliethedug said:

Wasps.

13 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
13 hours ago, olliethedug said:
Wasps.

Evil fucking things. I literally wouldn't kill a fly, I'd even pick worms of paths so birds can't kill them... But Wasps; no regrets

Wasps are the neds/chavs of the insect world, but respond well to a damn good belting - with the bare hand if necessary, 'cos the pointy bit's not on their backs. 

What perturbs, rather than frightens me are moths. What is the point of these bulky,  badly-assembled, unaerodynamic, clumsy bastárds? And that weird dust they're covered with makes my skin crawl. Only ever dispatch them with book/mag/paper as I can't bear the idea of contacting that stuff. If they'd keep themselves to themselves, then no worries - live and let live. Battering themselves off the inside of my bedside lampshade when I'm trying to read? You're going down, pal. If you're that attracted to light get up in the daytime and fúck off to the sun.

31 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Wasps are the neds/chavs of the insect world, but respond well to a damn good belting - with the bare hand if necessary, 'cos the pointy bit's not on their backs. 

What perturbs, rather than frightens me are moths. What is the point of these bulky,  badly-assembled, unaerodynamic, clumsy bastárds? And that weird dust they're covered with makes my skin crawl. Only ever dispatch them with book/mag/paper as I can't bear the idea of contacting that stuff. If they'd keep themselves to themselves, then no worries - live and let live. Battering themselves off the inside of my bedside lampshade when I'm trying to read? You're going down, pal. If you're that attracted to light get up in the daytime and fúck off to the sun.

I also find moths a bit disgusting with their dusty exterior. The added fact that they eat through clothes means that they get squashed.

Archived