What are you afraid of?

Nadroj

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

What are your fears? Mine's is snakes. Fucking hate the wee c***s. Honestly think if I ever seen one slither near me I would burst into tears like a wee lassie.

Discuss.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science-environment-45618659/rare-double-headed-snake-found-in-garden-in-virginia

Climate change

Air pollution

Soil erosion

The inexorable, steady decline of the country in which I live, as evidenced by the crumbling of its physical infrastructure

The renaissance of racism

Not having enough money for a happy retirement

The standard of education and discipline in my kids' schools

The cascade of vacuous, unsettling shit that's pouring into the lives of young people in much of the developed world, causing unprecedented mental health problems

Standing at my retirement do at work in approximately 24 years' time, giving a crap speech to a crowd mostly comprised of colleagues whose names I'll happily forget within months, who are wanting me to hurry up so they can get a mini sausage roll and get back to their desk as they're wanting to knock off early tonight, while I wonder where the years went and how I achieved so little

Pit bulls

Needles.

24 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Clowns.
Not keen on flying after a bad flight once then watching too much Aircraft Investigations and reading a book called The Tombstone Imperative. Will still fly though when needs must.

"Hop aboard" 

photo_biography_101_600x413.jpg

I used have a fear of dying until I was 38. Then after that I had a fear of my son dying. Its getting better, but, I do come out in a cold sweat now and again.
Dogs. @iztdik I used be the same. You can train yourself to over come this fear to the extent that dogs fear you... pm me I have a free 15 minute explanation.

Did you know you are born with only two fears - falling and loud noises? All the rest are figments of your imagination and can be cured by having a word with yourself. 
So the fear I feel every Saturday at 14:59 can simply be remedied using some sort of meditation or mindfulness?

Not really scared of any common scary things like spiders, snakes etc. I’ve got a bit of an underlying fear of dropping dead at a young age of some unavoidable/undetectable heart condition or brain aneurysm ever since seeing the likes of Fabrice Muamba and Davide Astori dropping despite being incredibly fit. In all honesty I’d love to to get a full body medical check but no idea if it’s even a thing or how much it would cost.

Also got a bit of a fear of working my arse off for years to make sure I retire with enough cash to travel/do all the things I want to do now, then dying straight away before getting to do any of it, essentially wasting my youth/life working.

Archived