Second Division

It's Me

11 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Makes sense from a LL standpoint. If Welfare go down they aint coming back up anytime soon with the quality in the EoS Premier and a few other clubs might feel the same so having a bit of a "buffer" might be in their best interests. 

I was thinking the same thing for the teams in my region, Dalbeattie and Gretna (not counting Edu) If they go down into the South League, a strong possibility with Selkirk's demise meaning 14th could get relegated, it'll be a big ask for them to get back up anytime soon.

Even if a relegated Dalbeattie or Gretna were to stroll the South League, their playoff against the East team(s) could be a mismatch - see Threave v Kelty for example.

LL2 would keep them at a more comfortable level for longer at least.

7 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

I was thinking the same thing for the teams in my region, Dalbeattie and Gretna (not counting Edu) If they go down into the South League, a strong possibility with Selkirk's demise meaning 14th could get relegated, it'll be a big ask for them to get back up anytime soon.

Even if a relegated Dalbeattie or Gretna were to stroll the South League, their playoff against the East team(s) could be a mismatch - see Threave v Kelty for example.

LL2 would keep them at a more comfortable level for longer at least.

Dalbeattie have proved NOT to be a mismatch this season already v last years champions. 

What would be a mis match is Dalbeattie or Gretna pissing on teams in the SOSFL week in week out. 

Far easier promotional route than the likes of ww would ever get unless of course that other organisation in the West got involved  ?

Until then its yet again an even more lop sided pyramid  ?

35 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Dalbeattie have proved NOT to be a mismatch this season already v last years champions. 

What would be a mis match is Dalbeattie or Gretna pissing on teams in the SOSFL week in week out. 

Aye, twice. Totally agree, with their current teams, but if they were to drop into SOSFL I could imagine a fair percentage of their players would spread out amongst other D&G or Cumbrian sides

Archived