5 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Froxy was taped up like a mummy on Monday there. He could hardly run.

So the tape is the only difference !!

Part of me wants Froxy in the team but his cameo role so far and reserve games suggest to me he is a luxury/liability we can't afford other than 20 mins if we are chasing something.

If McKee is out, there will be no chance Paton will be dropped

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I alone in thinking Harrison and Dallison are beginning to work well together? First half last game they were solid and only flagged after that idiot Fasan sold the jerseys. I would keep them and Brough. I would like to see another player playing RB and have Aero in the Paton role. Aero can tackle and gives a feck at least. Would also help the defence settle. Mutch in goal please and I don’t care how old he is!

Am I alone in thinking Harrison and Dallison are beginning to work well together? First half last game they were solid and only flagged after that idiot Fasan sold the jerseys. I would keep them and Brough. I would like to see another player playing RB and have Aero in the Paton role. Aero can tackle and gives a feck at least. Would also help the defence settle. Mutch in goal please and I don’t care how old he is!

I thought they were solid enough first half against Ayr and also did well against United. Muirhead doing little to no defending on the right hand side doesn’t help them. As well as Fasan.

Dallison looks like a footballer, but hasn’t  played like one. He has been bullied by every forward he has come up against, but admittedly a little less so these past two weeks, but for a guy of his physique, it shouldn’t be happening at all.

If it’s a shout between Paton and Muirhead, then that is pretty much a lose-lose choice. Ideally, I would be happy to see both gone, and for me, it will be a real milestone reached when both are no longer Falkirk players.

Muirhead doesn’t need to be wheeled around on castors which I suppose is some sort of plus. He recently had a go in midfield, and by all accounts, wasn’t completely woeful.

Paton.......I seriously struggle to come up with any real attributes. He can growl a bit, and I have no doubt he has a tackle in him, but crucially, he is so slow, he struggles to get close enough to anyone in order make a tackle. He struggles to make any sort of positive contribution, and is now playing a division or two above where he should be.

Paton would be my first choice to be jettisoned, with Muirhead not far behind.

Aero does care, and that counts at this stage tbh. 

Paton has done little to make us like him. Contribution has been minimal, and he’s no history of looking like he even cares. I’d have Mark Kerr over him any day. Whilst they have the same pace these days, Keris still able to dictate the game a bit and pick out passes - as shown when we played  Ayr. Don’t recall him giving the ball away much at all and definitely landed a few good long passes. 

The midfield and GK positions are biggest issues by far. We could get away with Russell st RB but it’s actually pathetic how long that position has been an issue for us.

The biggest question of the weekend for me is whether our old friend Back Post Misses will be able to enjoy an unrestricted view of the action?
I understand that a major part of the reasoning for controversially narrowing the pitch was to help ensure all spectators can see the entire pitch, so fingers crossed this is to Back Post Misses  liking.
However, perhaps Back Post Misses is alluding to another method of ensuring having sight of the game here? A deck chair or two next to the Gazebo would look delightful.   

FFCTV for me, fortunately. Not sure what would be the worst view mind you

Shocked that you are not prepared to drive the short distance from South Yorkshire for this one. Not a real fan...

Correct, have spent fortune this season already to watch shite, I should be ashamed. Will be at the game with the vermin and Cappilow will be fun too. By then we should be 9 games without a point unless the Miracle of McKinnon somehow starts to take hold.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Correct, have spent fortune this season already to watch shite, I should be ashamed. Will be at the game with the vermin and Cappilow will be fun too. By then we should be 9 games without a point unless the Miracle of McKinnon somehow starts to take hold.

A few short weeks ago, a statement like that would have been considered as ridiculously OTT, and yet here we are, 66% of the way down that road, and the likelihood of going a full cycle of games and getting beat in every single one of them is not only possible, it’s actually probable. 

Archived