2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Russell was given the opportunity to sign with Morton when the snake was there but in the end up didn't sign. Might have something to do with that? 

Not an issue there.

McKinnon offered him a deal, Russell turned it down to go elsewhere that`s football.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get a feeling Alloa will look to cup tie this and fly at us early. A good plan with this lot of pea hearts. 
You wouldn't take this lot into a Pitch Perfect riff off
Them coming at us is precisely what we need. Thats the only way we will get space for balls over the top for Petra. If they sit in we wont have the guile to break them down.

Given that at this point we represent their best chance of getting 3 points, and are likely to improve as time goes on, they would be foolish not to go for us.

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
18 hours ago, Colkitto said:
Russell was given the opportunity to sign with Morton when the snake was there but in the end up didn't sign. Might have something to do with that? 

I think this has something to do with it.Ray is known to value loyalty so maybe he feels Russell didnt show enough previously.

r6Vk1_s-200x150.gif.459258000a1c4829993283c9fe2da401.gif

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Them coming at us is precisely what we need. Thats the only way we will get space for balls over the top for Petra. If they sit in we wont have the guile to break them down.

Given that at this point we represent their best chance of getting 3 points, and are likely to improve as time goes on, they would be foolish not to go for us.

Aye, people need to remember (which I'm sure they do) that we are the whipping boys. Alloa won't be sitting in against us at home hoping to get us on the counter and scrape a result, that is our role now. 

Like I said, maybe I have the benefit of having been detached since the Partick game. The improvement is pretty large and we are now almost in the realms of "those ones dont go in for you when you are struggling" whereas before we werent even having attempts or creating a single chance in 90 minutes. 
For that reason, I have arrived the the conclusion that incremental improvements from the point Ray took over will see us get results. 
Another reason would be that listening to some of the incessant negativity on here has started to annoy me. And witg Petra turning in decent performances including an assist and a goal aswell as our motm on Saturday, it shows that the rush to judgement of these players abilities, and the insistence that they arent good enough for this league is just that. Rushed. I seen enough positives to work on and negatives to remedy on Saturday to think we can start scraping points. 
As for the team, I want Paton out. That is a must. As for the rest, I doubt he changes the defence. The 4 Centre Halfs thing will appear less of an issue on the narrower pitch.  I would prefer that Haber didnt play because I dont think he deserves to but ultimately I dont think we need wholesale changes in personnell. Tweak it a wee bit to get Rudden up beside Mackin or Haber, or go with Petra and Rudden. That option would really require the thawing out of Rees Greenwood though which is a mystery really. 

The squad is chronically short in confidence and quality. I don't think we have a midfielder on the books who I want in the side. Irving may become a player but he is young and not the type for a relegation battle.

Until that is addressed the front players and defence are probably going to look worse then they possibly are.

I could not pick a team seriously that I think would get us a result.

It will be probably along these lines though

Fasan

Muirhead Harrison Dallison Brough

McKee Paton

Petra Froxy Lewis

Rudden

But who knows. Deck chairs getting shuffled around a sinking ship for me.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The squad is chronically short in confidence and quality. I don't think we have a midfielder on the books who I want in the side. Irving may become a player but he is young and not the type for a relegation battle.

Until that is addressed the front players and defence are probably going to look worse then they possibly are.

I could not pick a team seriously that I think would get us a result.

It will be probably along these lines though

Fasan

Muirhead Harrison Dallison Brough

McKee Paton

Petra Froxy Lewis

Rudden

Added strike throughs for players who shouldn't even be in the squad.

Mutch in goals. Russell centre back. Irving centre mid. Kidd in the hole (done it pretty well at Ayr first half). Greenwood or Dunne on the left.

Added strike throughs for players who shouldn't even be in the squad.
Mutch in goals. Russell centre back. Irving centre mid. Kidd in the hole (done it pretty well at Ayr first half). Greenwood or Dunne on the left.
Dallison and Lewis both did fine last week. Scapegoating Dallison would be a continuation of the confidence issues plaguing our defence.

Lewis did pretty well when he came on. Not saying he should start, but a statement like not having him in the squad would again be harmful.

Agree that Dunne should get a go on the left and Paul Paton should be sacrificed to the God of making a fucking effort.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dallison and Lewis both did fine last week. Scapegoating Dallison would be a continuation of the confidence issues plaguing our defence.

Lewis did pretty well when he came on. Not saying he should start, but a statement like not having him in the squad would again be harmful.

Agree that Dunne should get a go on the left and Paul Paton should be sacrificed to the God of making a fucking effort.

Aye I'm no gonna say that to their faces Bairnardo... I just think theres better alternatives. If McGhee was fit Dallison, for me, would be 5th choice CB and so wouldn't be in the squad.

I actually couldn't make it last week but I heard Lewis was running at defenders which made him look ok. But in terms of creativity, end product and contribution he's yet to deliver anything other than his goal versus Forfar.

Aye I'm no gonna say that to their faces Bairnardo... I just think theres better alternatives. If McGhee was fit Dallison, for me, would be 5th choice CB and so wouldn't be in the squad.
I actually couldn't make it last week but I heard Lewis was running at defenders which made him look ok. But in terms of creativity, end product and contribution he's yet to deliver anything other than his goal versus Forfar.
Honestly based on last week I want McGhee to replace Aero not Dallison

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The biggest question of the weekend for me is whether our old friend Back Post Misses will be able to enjoy an unrestricted view of the action?

I understand that a major part of the reasoning for controversially narrowing the pitch was to help ensure all spectators can see the entire pitch, so fingers crossed this is to Back Post Misses  liking.

However, perhaps Back Post Misses is alluding to another method of ensuring having sight of the game here? A deck chair or two next to the Gazebo would look delightful.   

Archived