The falkirk boys are invited to the station bar on primrose street, 2 mins from train station and 10 mins from the ground, where there will be good laid on, I think the Scotia bar bus is going there? Is this still true ? 
Cheers mate. Might look in there.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I don’t know why I think Russel is called Mercer but in my brain that’s where it is. Have done it since he signed!

Mercenary ?

Anyway, I've got this one down for a draw. Big game for both teams obviously.

1 hour ago, P475 said:

I think the Bairns will get a wee surprise at how hard Alloa are to break down. 

(Watch them fauld like a cheap deckchair now I've said that) 

I don't think they will approach this game the same as every other game tomorrow. At home against us they should be having a go, as so far it is their most likely chance for 3 points this season. 

I don't think they will approach this game the same as every other game tomorrow. At home against us they should be having a go, as so far it is their most likely chance for 3 points this season. 
Aye. Whilst I hope we win, a draw away would undeniably be progress for us, and would get a monkey off our back. That doesnt mean we should sit in per se, but it does mean we dont have to go trying to chase after the game. If Alloa want to camp out against us thats foolish on their part, but should result in a point at worst and with Petras pace up front, Alloa coming out represents our best chance for a result. If we can replace Paton with someone who contributes more than zero, and Fasan with someone who doesnt give away the first goal, I see no reason not be positive about getting on the board here.

Of course the possibility exists that Alloa decide they should go for 3 points, and give ua a routine hiding. I dont think embarrassing hidings will happen often from now on though hopefully

20 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Am I alone in thinking Harrison and Dallison are beginning to work well together? First half last game they were solid and only flagged after that idiot Fasan sold the jerseys. I would keep them and Brough. I would like to see another player playing RB and have Aero in the Paton role. Aero can tackle and gives a feck at least. Would also help the defence settle. Mutch in goal please and I don’t care how old he is!

I'd rather have Robson at left back offers more creativity than our midfield, I personally preferred Brough at centre half, seems more a liability at left back and is like going back 20 odd years where full backs didn't cross the halfway line.

Plenty slating of Muirhead but he us never a full back, he should be in the centre if playing, the management skill set of Hartley should've been questioned then, he seen Muirhead wasn't a right back last season yet went into this season with him as our only right back and signed 3 left backs .

I dont mind Muirhead in a central role but when he is right back, I appreciate his limitations, same applies to McGhee, another who isn't a full back and Hartley played him there.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

It's on the wee box of a park, need solidity over width.

My fear is Haber will start again due the above, Kidd was Ok when he had Sibbs to link with, take that away an he is as average as the rest of them, he should be a bench player at best.

I seriously fear our midfield tomorrow, I've shook my head repeatedly with us releasing Tawio and a player in McKee who I would've freed will be missed.

If Russell can't get into the squad tomorrow, then I think we can rule him out if he can't get in with the expected players that are out

39 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye. Whilst I hope we win, a draw away would undeniably be progress for us, and would get a monkey off our back. That doesnt mean we should sit in per se, but it does mean we dont have to go trying to chase after the game. If Alloa want to camp out against us thats foolish on their part, but should result in a point at worst and with Petras pace up front, Alloa coming out represents our best chance for a result. If we can replace Paton with someone who contributes more than zero, and Fasan with someone who doesnt give away the first goal, I see no reason not be positive about getting on the board here.

Of course the possibility exists that Alloa decide they should go for 3 points, and give ua a routine hiding. I dont think embarrassing hidings will happen often from now on though hopefully

We haven't been sitting deep so far this season so I don't see why we'd start now.

There are plenty of good pubs in Alloa btw. If you come out of the station and follow the walkway to the main road, cross at the lights and go up the steps and keep ahead then you are very quickly in the town centre. There is a mix of newer Wetherspoons style places (Wetherspoons itself is about the first one you come to) and traditional older style bars. The Station mentioned above is a good one.

have slightly changed my 11 as week progressed if McGhee is fit...and mckee...won't be this as he doesn't pick Russell and Robson but hey ho one can hope...

mutch
Russell Mhead Harrison Robson
mckee McGhee
irving dunne/greenwood
Petra rudden

need experience in back 6 and dig as alloa no mugs and speed creativity in front and wide 4

My fear is Haber will start again due the above, Kidd was Ok when he had Sibbs to link with, take that away an he is as average as the rest of them, he should be a bench player at best.
I seriously fear our midfield tomorrow, I've shook my head repeatedly with us releasing Tawio and a player in McKee who I would've freed will be missed.
If Russell can't get into the squad tomorrow, then I think we can rule him out if he can't get in with the expected players that are out
Haber on a smaller pitch has less ground to cover during which time he can appear lazy, and by that logic, hopefully be more effective and less a hindrance. I that regard maybe its not a bad game for him.

Same can be said for Mackin tho who doesnt look a lazy b*****d

Haber on a smaller pitch has less ground to cover during which time he can appear lazy, and by that logic, hopefully be more effective and less a hindrance. I that regard maybe its not a bad game for him.

Same can be said for Mackin tho who doesnt look a lazy b*****d
Haven seen both Haber and Mackin a good number of times now I would always go Mackin before Haber. Mackin at least tries and can score goals given decent service, Haber on the other hand offers ...........................[emoji848]

It'll be the same back 5 as last week I think.

People keep saying Robson should play left back as Brough doesn't push forward, however, I don't think McKinnon wants him going forward. What I seen last week makes me think Ray is telling them to play as a flat back 4 and not venture forward, which would leave gaps

Archived