• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Wouldn’t describe myself as either a happy clapper or compulsive whiner but surprised by your generally positive posts on yesterday’s game. I came away from the park in a bit of a rage at a missed opportunity to take something from a poor Utd side (think my immediate post on here was “spineless shitehouses”). Having chilled out a wee bit I can recognise that the team is improving all be it desperately slowly but there are probably 4 players that should not be anywhere near the team even allowing for the chronic standard of the squad.
I would hope to see Robson, Russell, Froxy and possibly Mutch all start next week.

Like I said, maybe I have the benefit of having been detached since the Partick game. The improvement is pretty large and we are now almost in the realms of "those ones dont go in for you when you are struggling" whereas before we werent even having attempts or creating a single chance in 90 minutes. 

For that reason, I have arrived the the conclusion that incremental improvements from the point Ray took over will see us get results. 

Another reason would be that listening to some of the incessant negativity on here has started to annoy me. And witg Petra turning in decent performances including an assist and a goal aswell as our motm on Saturday, it shows that the rush to judgement of these players abilities, and the insistence that they arent good enough for this league is just that. Rushed. I seen enough positives to work on and negatives to remedy on Saturday to think we can start scraping points. 

As for the team, I want Paton out. That is a must. As for the rest, I doubt he changes the defence. The 4 Centre Halfs thing will appear less of an issue on the narrower pitch.  I would prefer that Haber didnt play because I dont think he deserves to but ultimately I dont think we need wholesale changes in personnell. Tweak it a wee bit to get Rudden up beside Mackin or Haber, or go with Petra and Rudden. That option would really require the thawing out of Rees Greenwood though which is a mystery really. 

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Like I said, maybe I have the benefit of having been detached since the Partick game. The improvement is pretty large and we are now almost in the realms of "those ones dont go in for you when you are struggling" whereas before we werent even having attempts or creating a single chance in 90 minutes. 

For that reason, I have arrived the the conclusion that incremental improvements from the point Ray took over will see us get results. 

Another reason would be that listening to some of the incessant negativity on here has started to annoy me. And witg Petra turning in decent performances including an assist and a goal aswell as our motm on Saturday, it shows that the rush to judgement of these players abilities, and the insistence that they arent good enough for this league is just that. Rushed. I seen enough positives to work on and negatives to remedy on Saturday to think we can start scraping points. 

As for the team, I want Paton out. That is a must. As for the rest, I doubt he changes the defence. The 4 Centre Halfs thing will appear less of an issue on the narrower pitch.  I would prefer that Haber didnt play because I dont think he deserves to but ultimately I dont think we need wholesale changes in personnell. Tweak it a wee bit to get Rudden up beside Mackin or Haber, or go with Petra and Rudden. That option would really require the thawing out of Rees Greenwood though which is a mystery really. 

I agree with much of this, my earlier post may be construed as negativity although it was somewhat tongue in cheek due to my inherent silliness.

What I find we have is a squad too full of undeveloped players and a few seasoned pros that seem to offer no effective leadership. Muirhead as Captain does my tits in as he really doesn't have the on field temperament for the role imo. Dick punching h*ns maybe quite amusing for some, but really not what I want to see from our captain. For one example. Mcginn at st mirren last season exemplified the role in my view. Paton and Haber? Meh

As for player development, some folk are quick to, and seem to relish, dismissing players as never be good enoughs, when the truth is there's no way of knowing that. Mental aspects of play only develop with game time, and we've unfortunately got a few too many finding their feet in a brutal league. I think the majority of the English boys didn't know what to expect in that respect. I've no doubt they can improve over the season, some ought to leave in Jan to redress the balance and good luck and all the best to them. Turner and Owen-Evans in particular had encouraging reputations but are really no use to us as things stand.

There's a few things to feel encouraged by, hopefully further improvement at Alloa, whose battle scarred galacticos take on our wayward crew. A game we want to be winning, would take a point tbh, signs of progress bare minimum

COYB etc 

I agree with much of this, my earlier post may be construed as negativity although it was somewhat tongue in cheek due to my inherent silliness.
What I find we have is a squad too full of undeveloped players and a few seasoned pros that seem to offer no effective leadership. Muirhead as Captain does my tits in as he really doesn't have the on field temperament for the role imo. Dick punching h*ns maybe quite amusing for some, but really not what I want to see from our captain. For one example. Mcginn at st mirren last season exemplified the role in my view. Paton and Haber? Meh
As for player development, some folk are quick to, and seem to relish, dismissing players as never be good enoughs, when the truth is there's no way of knowing that. Mental aspects of play only develop with game time, and we've unfortunately got a few too many finding their feet in a brutal league. I think the majority of the English boys didn't know what to expect in that respect. I've no doubt they can improve over the season, some ought to leave in Jan to redress the balance and good luck and all the best to them. Turner and Owen-Evans in particular had encouraging reputations but are really no use to us as things stand.
There's a few things to feel encouraged by, hopefully further improvement at Alloa, whose battle scarred galacticos take on our wayward crew. A game we want to be winning, would take a point tbh, signs of progress bare minimum
COYB etc 

Think thats a fair assessment. Fair assessments being in short supply.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think McKinnon sees continuity, particularly in defence, as the best chance of getting anything out of this squad so I cant see him making sweeping changes for Alloa. Would love to see Paton dropped though. Haber should be on his last chance, this game should be perfect for a guy his size.

Would rather play Mackin. At least he’ll put in a shift.

My preferred team for starting on Saturday add a bit more physicality in midfield. Kevin more dangerous coming through the middle

Parry

Taggart                                             Dick

Roscoe             Graham

Hastie  Hetherington  Robertson    Flanny

Cawley

Shields

18 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Roll up, roll up. It's guess the team time again. 

GK MUTCH

RB RUSSELL

CB HARRISON

CB DALLISON

LB ROBSON

RW GREENWOOD 

CM FROXYLIAS 

CM MCKEE

LW DUNNE

FW PETRAVICIUS 

FW RUDDEN

Pretty much just throwing names against the wall at this stage. 

It's a damning indictment of where we are at the moment that the frontline is by far and away the strongest part of that proposed team. :(

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

posting pretty much the same team as I did for last weekend and know it's not what will play...

mutch
Russell Mhead Harrison Robson
irving mckee Dunne
petravicious Mackin rudden

433 let's go for it. Greenwood as attacking sub option.

5 of that team are currently being hammered 5-1 by Dundee utd reserves. I'd be surprised if there are any changes unfortunately. 

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

5 of that team are currently being hammered 5-1 by Dundee utd reserves. I'd be surprised if there are any changes unfortunately. 

Given the four man defence is as far as I can is made up of three fullback and a midfielder I'm not sure we take much from their performance. 

Haber should be on his last chance, this game should be perfect for a guy his size.

Nah he should just be shipped back to Dundee the now, would gladly never see him play for us again. Showing Davide Xausa levels of not giving a f**k.

posting pretty much the same team as I did for last weekend and know it's not what will play...

mutch
Russell Mhead Harrison Robson
irving mckee Dunne
petravicious Mackin rudden

433 let's go for it. Greenwood as attacking sub option.

Dunne playing centre mid is a pretty wild shout tbh. If we’re no playing him on the wing then there’s really nae point playing him. Muirhead really be nowhere near the team after his pathetic performance on Saturday as well.

Petravicius and Rudden as a strike partnership is about the only positive thing we’ve got at the moment. We’ve simply got to be going with them as a 2.

Archived