So here it is, the game we've all been waiting on.

We've looked a bit better since McKinnon has came in, no disrespect to Alloa but if we're to stay in this division we need to be winning this.

Is anyone confident in their team? How do the Alloa fans think they're adapting to the championship? 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should probably add a bit more than that... Said on yesterdays thread our team collectively is going to have to get in the faces of Alloa a lot better. Hold my hands up I havent seen them but given their manager, and the whole narrowing of the park, I think I know what to expect. We cant afford to sit off them and let them squeeze us up into a narrow half or it is going to be a grim afternoon. 

That said, not that United exactly stroked the ball about but I expect Alloa to be nowhere near that standard so it should be easier for our midfielders to get on the ball. They just arent going to get any time on it. For me, Petra and Rudden to start up front. If he chooses a big guy up front then give Mackin a go. I think he will put in a better shift than Haber. 

Whatever happens though, I want Rudden up front and the wings occupied by wingers. Rudden on the right was no use. Petra does a decent job tracking back so if he doesnt play up top put him on the right. 

And just to court controversy, I am haply for Dallison and Harrison to start this game in the centre of defence. 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Should probably add a bit more than that... Said on yesterdays thread our team collectively is going to have to get in the faces of Alloa a lot better. Hold my hands up I havent seen them but given their manager, and the whole narrowing of the park, I think I know what to expect. We cant afford to sit off them and let them squeeze us up into a narrow half or it is going to be a grim afternoon. 

That said, not that United exactly stroked the ball about but I expect Alloa to be nowhere near that standard so it should be easier for our midfielders to get on the ball. They just arent going to get any time on it. For me, Petra and Rudden to start up front. If he chooses a big guy up front then give Mackin a go. I think he will put in a better shift than Haber. 

Whatever happens though, I want Rudden up front and the wings occupied by wingers. Rudden on the right was no use. Petra does a decent job tracking back so if he doesnt play up top put him on the right. 

And just to court controversy, I am haply for Dallison and Harrison to start this game in the centre of defence. 

I don't see that as controversial, it's either both of them, or one gets dropped and we play Muirhead. He should be captain of the reserve team, at best. Can't wait until McGhee and Mitchell are back to fitness. 

Hoping the narrower pitch might help as well considering our complete lack of width.

Second goal aside yesterday it was a much better performance from Harrison/Dallison with each having a goal saving block or clearance. Happy to keep them although I don’t see what Brough adds at left back and the sooner Muirhead and Fasan are dropped the better. Surely Mutch has got to start here?

Our midfield is a total clusterfuck. They’re all pretty much shite, I’d be starting Sammut he deserves more of an opportunity imo. We’ve got to go with Rudden and Petravicius up top through the middle. Both have got the pace and physicality to hurt teams and it’s a waste to play them wide imo.

This really is a must win though.

13 minutes ago, Russ said:

Hoping the narrower pitch might help as well considering our complete lack of width.

Second goal aside yesterday it was a much better performance from Harrison/Dallison with each having a goal saving block or clearance. Happy to keep them although I don’t see what Brough adds at left back and the sooner Muirhead and Fasan are dropped the better. Surely Mutch has got to start here?

Our midfield is a total clusterfuck. They’re all pretty much shite, I’d be starting Sammut he deserves more of an opportunity imo. We’ve got to go with Rudden and Petravicius up top through the middle. Both have got the pace and physicality to hurt teams and it’s a waste to play them wide imo.

This really is a must win though.

At this stage I'd say that Sammut and Froxy look more likely to create anything than Paton and Irving. Greenwood and Robson wide with Rudden and Petra up front sounds about right. Anything but Paton and Haber, basically. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

That said, not that United exactly stroked the ball about but I expect Alloa to be nowhere near that standard so it should be easier for our midfielders to get on the ball. 

Some achievement for us to get 3 draws so far this season against a side who are so far ahead of us, indeed even outplaying them in the game at the Recs. 

Talk of must win games in September is daft but clearly an important match for both sides. Falkirk really need to get going and from an Alloa point of view 3 points so far probably doesn't reflect how well the team have been playing, albeit it seems we didn't get going yesterday. The players will be keen to put that behind them and hopefully we'll see something a bit more like the previous few weeks here. 

Roll up, roll up. It's guess the team time again. 

GK MUTCH

RB RUSSELL

CB HARRISON

CB DALLISON

LB ROBSON

RW GREENWOOD 

CM FROXYLIAS 

CM MCKEE

LW DUNNE

FW PETRAVICIUS 

FW RUDDEN

Pretty much just throwing names against the wall at this stage. 

Memories of Robert’s meltdown come flooding back. If Muirhead plays, we lose. The formula is really that simple.

No Muirhead, no Paton, no Haber, and we might get a point. If McKinnon is suckered into fielding those three disasters in the hope that they will add a bit of experience, then they will let him down again.

It really is difficult to see beyond a comfy home win.

0-1 Bairns

17 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Roll up, roll up. It's guess the team time again. 

GK MUTCH

RB RUSSELL

CB HARRISON

CB DALLISON

LB ROBSON

RW GREENWOOD 

CM FROXYLIAS 

CM MCKEE

LW DUNNE

FW PETRAVICIUS 

FW RUDDEN

Pretty much just throwing names against the wall at this stage. 

Would agree that looks our strongest lineup, damning with faint praise though somewhat. Would have Sammut in for McKee for no particular reason.

No disrespect to Alloa but they ought to win this fairly easily.

The real derby btw imo tbf tbh 

I’d like to see us continue with the 433, hopefully we can hold the ball for longer and get the front 3 playing closer together. Must win game.
Aye. I dont get the negativity from our fans here. It will be a tough game for sure, but I think the fact that it is lesser opposition (no disrespect) and small adjustments (one big lazy cunter with the initals PP shaped adjustment) and I fancy us. Genuinely unsure based on yesterday why others dont. It seems to just be the thing the now to keep on saying we are shite and we will go down.

Fair enough if folk really think that. I just think a lot of folk are trotting out the sake criticisms and refusing to belive there can be improvement in players based on managerial tactics, attitude, discipline etc.

Aye. I dont get the negativity from our fans here. It will be a tough game for sure, but I think the fact that it is lesser opposition (no disrespect) and small adjustments (one big lazy cunter with the initals PP shaped adjustment) and I fancy us. Genuinely unsure based on yesterday why others dont. It seems to just be the thing the now to keep on saying we are shite and we will go down.

Fair enough if folk really think that. I just think a lot of folk are trotting out the sake criticisms and refusing to belive there can be improvement in players based on managerial tactics, attitude, discipline etc.

Wouldn’t describe myself as either a happy clapper or compulsive whiner but surprised by your generally positive posts on yesterday’s game. I came away from the park in a bit of a rage at a missed opportunity to take something from a poor Utd side (think my immediate post on here was “spineless shitehouses”). Having chilled out a wee bit I can recognise that the team is improving all be it desperately slowly but there are probably 4 players that should not be anywhere near the team even allowing for the chronic standard of the squad.
I would hope to see Robson, Russell, Froxy and possibly Mutch all start next week.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Colkitto said:
I know it's only September, but this is a must win game for Falkirk. 
If Alloa win what a confidence boost it would be to them.

C'mon Alloa, the whole of Scottish football behind you! 

Nope, just the seething messes

:lol:

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

I know it's only September, but this is a must win game for Falkirk. 

If Alloa win what a confidence boost it would be to them.

C'mon Alloa, the whole of Scottish football behind you! 

f**k sake, Humpty. You still broken?

Archived