The Vaughan Derby: Sons v Raith

36 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Later that season we were 3-0 up again at home to Dumbarton with 30 minutes left, and scraped a 3-2 win. What a strange season that was. Rotten in the first half of the season, immense in the second.

That was the following season under Gary Locke, Scott Fucking Roberts even scored that day

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

That was the following season under Gary Locke, Scott Fucking Roberts even scored that day

So it was. Getting mixed up with the St Mirren game most likely which ended 4-3. Roberts entire spell of being good for us consisted of the ball leaving his foot, and hitting the back of the net. Tragic that Annan fans have him and Chris Johnston in the same team. 

55 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Later that season we were 3-0 up again at home to Dumbarton with 30 minutes left, and scraped a 3-2 win. What a strange season that was. Rotten in the first half of the season, immense in the second.

I always think that’s a bit of a myth about McKinnons season. For all we were much improved and excellent the second half of the season, rotten for the first half is definitely stretching it. We were barely out the top 4 all season and had some very decent performances in the first half.

I always think that’s a bit of a myth about McKinnons season. For all we were much improved and excellent the second half of the season, rotten for the first half is definitely stretching it. We were barely out the top 4 all season and had some very decent performances in the first half.

Opening third of that season we set some sort of record, did we not? We were steady if unspectacular.

Middle third was the usual ‘clocks go back’ dross.

Final third was excellent. Best football for years.

So, with our 3 (three) new loan signings (Barry Smith will be angrily chewing on his copy of the Courier, no doubt) I'm guessing Murray shifts over to right back and Hendry goes straight into midfield?

lineup.png.397795ad613e50ef9bd378f38235cfc3.png

Subs bench is pretty bare, but at least a competitive starting 11....

3 minutes ago, renton said:

So, with our 3 (three) new loan signings (Barry Smith will be angrily chewing on his copy of the Courier, no doubt) I'm guessing Murray shifts over to right back and Hendry goes straight into midfield?

lineup.png.397795ad613e50ef9bd378f38235cfc3.png

Subs bench is pretty bare, but at least a competitive starting 11....

I hope that’s the lineup but is Davo injured/suspended? Can’t imagine McGlynn leaving him out of his first starting 11 otherwise. He was always a huge fan of his last time around.

Just now, R.R.FC said:

I hope that’s the lineup but is Davo injured/suspended? Can’t imagine McGlynn leaving him out of his first starting 11 otherwise. He was always a huge fan of his last time around.

Yeah, I imagine it'll end up being Davo and Bene. It shouldn't be, but it will.

No real doubt Davidson/Bene will be at centre back. Can’t really blame McGlynn for that either, he won’t really have seen much of McKay at all but will know the other two well.

Bench of Silva, McKay, Valentine, Watson, Berry, Stevenson. And I guess Duggan if we risk him. Little scope to change but especially in an attacking sense. Got to hope the starters are up for it.

Really looking forward to it.

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

No real doubt Davidson/Bene will be at centre back. Can’t really blame McGlynn for that either, he won’t really have seen much of McKay at all but will know the other two well.

Bench of Silva, McKay, Valentine, Watson, Berry, Stevenson. And I guess Duggan if we risk him. Little scope to change but especially in an attacking sense. Got to hope the starters are up for it.

Lewis Milne as well I think? The fact everyone keeps forgetting him says it all about his start so far but hopefully with a change of manager he can kick on.

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

You forgot Milne, not that I blame you.

We seem to be beset with injuries for this game yet again.likely 11

Mcgowan

THOMSON                ALLARDICE                      DOWIE           DYER

FORBES                       HUTTON                           KERR                  BARR

AITCHISON                              LOY

SUBS. RUSSELL, GALLAGHER  LOAN KEEPER

Not sure if the positions are exactly accurate but you get the idea.If Adam doesnt make it, i'd expect a trialist keeper to come in.Would be great to see Mcgowan in action in a competitive game.Either way though i see a Raith win.John Mcglynn is a huge boost to the club IMO.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The utter state of that injury list. What the f**k have we been doing to the players the last 2 seasons?

The worst part about it is that it will be used as the excuse to keep the manager in a job if we continue to under perform.

Exactly thats the excuse which is valid.But i suspect that it is conveniently covering the shortcomings of the management team.Again, Stevie, prove me wrong please.

Are we just unlucky with injuries or is our training in some way affecting players?Or are we not checking players injury histories?Either way the status quo is horrendous.

The players train for 4-6 hours with us a week, I genuinely doubt we're doing so much in that time that the players are fucked.

A depressing read that injury list, which just doesn't seem to be getting any better. Hard to be enthusiastic about picking up points tomorrow.

Archived