The Vaughan Derby: Sons v Raith

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shambolic....who on earth decided after winning the toss...with a makeshift defence to play against the wind???

If it was Dowie's decision, I'd strip the captaincy from him right now

On the back foot immediately...only took 24 seconds to rip us apart

Only two who looked like they even cared were Thomson and Allardice, though Russell did well when he came on

I don't think Aitken can recover from this. I would like to think he'd walk given he knows the financial position we're in

As well as the manager leaving I'd like to see Dowie f**k off. He has shown zero leadership qualities since he arrived. Picks and chooses who and when to berate team mates and that's about it.

On a day when the team are being absolutely dicked I'm expecting him to at least show he cares but all he done was turn in another holocaust of a performance without uttering a word of encouragement. He's finished as a footballer and displays nothing to suggest he's captain material. Aitken and Durrant can take him with them wherever they end up.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

As well as the manager leaving I'd like to see Dowie f**k off. He has shown zero leadership qualities since he arrived. Picks and chooses who and when to berate team mates and that's about it.

Agree completely with this. I was screaming at him after the third and fourth went in to rally the players. He just had his head down like he couldn’t give a f**k.

We were absolutely fantastic first half. Some excellent football with the ferocious Mcglynn work ethic. Could have should have been 6-0.

Second half we were pretty comfortable in the end despite playing into a terrible wind. 

I was initially annoyed I couldn’t make it today, but thinking about it over the last month or so I’ve missed the Airdrie comeback and the 4-0 over Forfar, but got myself to County away, Brechin away and Montrose at home. Maybe just no bother next week after all.

I think a lot of folk actually missed the first goal. Our fans were still singing about John McGlynn and a ball was clipped into Vaughan and he's dinked it in for 1-0. We then set the tone for the first half and we played some really expansive and flowing football.

Hendry made a huge difference as he added a balance and willingness to get on the ball, with some excellent vision. Wedderburn linked up really well with him and it allowed for our attackers to get forward.

Defensively, there was a huge change with Crane coming in. Davidson and Benedictus have been a poor pairing at the back, but both were superb. We had a balance at the back, and Bene looked like the pre injury player we had under McKinnon. Murray looked completely fine at right back, although that's largely because Dumbarton kept playing the ball into space where their wingers had no chance of winning it.

As mentioned, we sat in during the second half, and the job was done. Keep the same team and approach for next week. Plenty to be positive from our point of view.

Archived