The Vaughan Derby: Sons v Raith

Looking to increase this unbeaten run we're on this season and carry on a good run of away form. No away defeats in last 6 away league games. Hopefully Kevin Cuthbert will be well out of the way and we'll have a manager who can play the team and tactics that work - 4-4-2.

Vaughan to score a hat-trick.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Raith would like to not appoint a manager before this then that would be a tremendous help.

This is our last home game of the first quarter, and a great opportunity for Stevie Aitken to win round a very (very) sceptical home support. Our first-half performance against Airdrie was about as good as I've seen from us this season, unfortunately the second-half tailed off badly and left us clinging on for a point. I've absolutely no idea what team we'll see, but I'm hopeful that it won't involve Jack Aitchison spending 90 minutes trying to outjump centre-halves.

Today's Sunday Mail mentioned that Grant Adam was carrying an injury, so we might finally get the chance to see Combover Man McGowan between the sticks. The guy has got better every week he hasn't played and is now knocking on the door of prime Buffon/Alan Martin. I'm not holding my breath, but getting a 'keeper in who can kick a ball in a direction that isn't the dugout might help us a bit. 

Having seen him tear Morton to shreds, I'm hopeful Bobby Barr will respond in the same way to the Rovers' taunts (92/93, I'm counting on you here). He was excellent against Brechin as well, so some unsavoury scenes involving him celebrating in front of the away end would be absolutely tremendous. That aside a lot probably depends on our injury situation. In an ideal world though I'd like to see us go with something like this.

Jamie McGowan

Cammy Ballantyne Andy Dowie Scott Allardice Willie Dyer

Ross Forbes Ryan Thomson Brad Spencer Bobby Barr

Calum Gallagher Jack Aitchison

Of course one of Kyle Hutton or Carsy will start - despite both clearly being injured - and Calum Gallagher will be lucky to get ten minutes. Which is a bit of a shame. Him and Aitchison would be a nippy wee duo imo.

I've no idea how a midfield of Thomson and Spencer would work, but I like both and reckon it's worth a shot (this is not happening by the way). Big Thommo is great at all things physical - namely winning headers, muscling people off the ball and getting booked for being about 40 seconds late with challenges. Likewise Spencer is something we haven't had in a wee while; a pacy midfielder who seems to have the energy to go box-to-box. Both his goals have been really nice finishes too. I'm hopeful that they could work in a sort of Poundland Chris Turner/Scott Agnew sort of way. Or maybe I'm going totally mad.

I said it last week, but it's crazy how tight the league is at the moment. Come full-time we could be two points behind Rovers and in the playoffs, or eight adrift and closing in on the other playoffs. We've got two difficult away trips coming up though, so getting something is really important.

Having seen him tear Morton to shreds, I'm hopeful Bobby Barr will respond in the same way to the Rovers' taunts (92/93, I'm counting on you here).
:lol:

If I could I would have went one Better and got him wound up before the game but he blocked me on Twitter last season so sadly, I can’t :lol:

This is actually the first league game that I’ll be missing this season so expecting our best performance of the season as well.

I wouldn’t normally wish harm on anyone but I hope Bene and Davo end his career on Saturday.

Don't worry, we'll probably still be pondering our choice for a manager and we'll have Vaughan at centre midfield. If we have a new manager in, then we might have a chance with this, but if its Cuthbert we'll be trying our hardest to shoehorn in Davidson and Benedictus and we'll be shelling it long. On the upside, at least Craig Barr won't feature.

New manager in before this, please. Preferably the manager will also be provided with a piece of paper outlining the positions that each player can actually play as well. 

Bobby Barr to play play a blinder and have a few particularly sensitive fellows foaming at the mouth. 

I'm coming up for this one. The last two games I attended were the Challenge Cup final and Play-off final Second leg.
You're welcome in advance for the 93rd minute winner, Raith fans.
Any 90th minute goals will be on the account of our players getting shown a video of Graham Weir running endlessly by McGlynn. I'm happy with the appointment, but not too sure if I'll come through for the game yet.

On 23/09/2018 at 20:32, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I wouldn’t normally wish harm on anyone but I hope Bene and Davo end his career on Saturday.

Offft.

I imagine Raith will be buzzing with their new gaffer and I'll be attending in hope of us pissing on their chips rather than expecting it. I suspect we'll see the same team as last week, I'd probably drop Hutton, move Thommo back into midfield and put somebody else up front with Aitchison. Our formation worked in the first half on Saturday but as we tire (which we always do) Aitchison becomes extremely isolated.

Offft.
I imagine Raith will be buzzing with their new gaffer and I'll be attending in hope of us pissing on their chips rather than expecting it. I suspect we'll see the same team as last week, I'd probably drop Hutton, move Thommo back into midfield and put somebody else up front with Aitchison. Our formation worked in the first half on Saturday but as we tire (which we always do) Aitchison becomes extremely isolated.

General reaction: buzzing.

McGlynn, McGlynn, John, John McGlynn, he’s got no hair and we don’t care, John, John McGlynn.

Davo to be back in midfield snapping legs. Can Davo still run?

Archived