Parz v Jagz 28/09/18

On 24/09/2018 at 19:00, DA Baracus said:

Devine hasn't played in over 3 games.

we've conceded 1 goal in the last 3 games

Hmmmmmm.

11 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Can't remember the last enjoyable home game I went to. Expecting an away win but I'd be happy with a bore draw.

Other than away wins in Dundee, there haven't been any enjoyable games this season. Hearts was a good performance but we still lost.

It's my main issue with AJ; there aren't many massive lows but there aren't many massive highs either. We could do a lot better but a hell of a lot worse. I've rarely been less excited about the Pars than I have for most of the last couple of seasons though.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our home record this season, in the league, is:
Played 3
Drawn 1
Lost 2
Scored 1
Conceded 6

The sad thing is, a score draw would be a massive improvement, in terms of what we’ve offered at home so far.

In all competitions, it’s 332 minutes of football, without scoring a goal at home. That said, it’s not just a problem at home. When you include away games, we’ve scored 2 goals in the last 9 hours of football we’ve played.

It’s time to change that and I think we can turn it around this week.

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hmmmmmm.

Other than away wins in Dundee, there haven't been any enjoyable games this season. Hearts was a good performance but we still lost.

It's my main issue with AJ; there aren't many massive lows but there aren't many massive highs either. We could do a lot better but a hell of a lot worse. I've rarely been less excited about the Pars than I have for most of the last couple of seasons though.

5-2 at home to QoS and the Ayr pumping few weeks ago are pretty damn embarrassing. 

27 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

But the cup win against Dundee and reaching the play offs last year were good. Not massive, but good.

Id love a decent cup run, we've been Shite in all competitions for what feels like an age.

With you on that, last time we reached the quarters of one of the two cups? 

On the flip side despite losing narrowly you wonder if AJ could have changed games earlier and had better results?

If we had ferguson, guardiola or the ghosts of cruff and stien then we'd probably have got better results but that's not a sensible measure to decide if a manager is doing well.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

If we had most other managers in the championship we would have been promoted last season.

No they wouldn't. Jack Ross and David Hopkin doesn't constitute to "most". 

Are the steak bridies still up to scratch? I heard they're not supplied by Stephens Bakery anymore. 

Stephens have been back for a while. it was only at the end of mastertons era they were away.

Certainly one of the worst things he ever did. Worse than putting the club in financial ruin, trying to liquidate us, not paying staff wages and directly taking cash out the club in a multitude of unethical means.

Archived