Parz v Jagz 28/09/18

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:
They're the new scapegoats. 

You're determined to defend these two even when they been gash so far. A couple of clean sheets against Alloa and in the diddy cup doesn't dispel this yet.

Disappointed that you are coming out with this shite.

You’re ignoring the games they’ve been good in (Dundee, Dundee United, Hearts and in Durnan’s case Morton at the weekend). Not sure why you can’t include a more solid performance against Alloa either.

Once again you’re ignoring Ashcroft’s poor games as well.

You have basically written them off on the basis on 3 games (2 and a third in Devine’s case).

So yes, of course I’m going to defend them on that basis. I always give players more than 3 poor games before completely writing them off.

Ashcroft isn't the one in question here, but yes he's been pretty pish. The signs though are that the understanding is getting better, it took a goalie error for Morton to grab a point.
I wasn't impressed against Utd, they weren't tested so much. Can't comment on Hearts.

Friday is a big game, we need to start winning sooner rather than later.

For what it’s worth, I would argue that all 3 centre halves have been poor so far. They’ve all had some good performances, but overall have all started the season poorly.

Wasn’t meaning my post to start a debate on whether Devine and Durnan are terrible or not. They may improve - we all know that Ashcroft is better than his performances so far have shown, so why can’t the others prove to be better than they have been so far?

It seems harsh to single out just 2 players. I don’t think there’s many players in the entire squad that have been consistently good so far. Maybe the Longridge brothers, but I think there needs to be improvements made all over the park. But I do believe that the players in the squad are good enough to challenge for promotion, we just need to find a system that gets the best out of these players.

Saturday was definitely an improvement, but we need to keep improving, get a win under our belts and start to build some momentum.

Devine was, leaving aside an all too brief run where he at least stopped flinging goals in, absolutely brutal for us in the top flight. Might get away with it a bit more in this division but not a shock to see him written off as a dud by September.

Edit: christ, Devine in the first leg of the livi playoff, aggghhhhhh

4 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Edit: christ, Devine in the first leg of the livi playoff, aggghhhhhh

That was an all-time dreadful performance. Oh, how the laughter ended when Pars announced he'd be playing in black and white this season.

Also, I'm confused how we can have a scapegoat when barely a handful of players would get pass marks so far. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That was an all-time dreadful performance. Oh, how the laughter ended when Pars announced he'd be playing in black and white this season.

Also, I'm confused how we can have a scapegoat when barely a handful of players would get pass marks so far. 

Well we do. 

Nah a scapegoat doesn't always have to be doing fine. They can just be someone who gets blamed for everything. 

For example why was Durnan even brought up? Like everyone else he had 3/4 shite games but seems like he and Devine are being singled out, and Devine hasn't played in over 3 games. Others have been just as culpable, if not more so, in conceding the goals in the defeats yet they get all the focus. Also no credit is given for the fact we've conceded 1 goal in the last 3 games and that was down to a keeper error.

I'm not advocating that we start criticising others though.

Would go with the same formation as against Morton for this one but replace Vincent with Beadling if he's fit and Ryan Williamson for James Craigen. 

Saturday proved once again if you give Andy Ryan the right service he will get the goals. 

No fcuk ups this time Robinson, eh?

Think it would be harsh to drop Criagen. I'd like Beadling in there but think it's too soon. We might see him off the bench if the manager remembers he's allowed to make subs. Not convinced Ryan and el Bak works as a pairing so with Ryan scoring (despite being poor for the vast majority of the game), it might be the time to drop the Moroccan Prince and see if that gives him a kick up the backside and he comes back stronger as a result. The problem is that Hippolyte isn't a striker and Muirhead looks nowhere near fit.

Archived