Parz v Jagz 28/09/18

If Dunfermline had won instead of drawing in the 3-3 they'd have been safe from the playoffs given the 3 point lead and massive GD advantage they held over Cowden going into the last game.

The 5-1 is one of the best performances I can recall, despite what someone said above the 5-1 game was played when there was no real news of financial problems and it was a genuine top of the table clash which in the most un-Thistle like performance, we didn't totally bottle and could have won by more. O'Donnell's goal where he won the ball at right back then popped up 70 yards later on the left to dink it over Gallacher was glorious.

Anyway, all in the past now. Is Higgy still off his nut? I don't think he likes his former teams much, but then again I don't think he likes anyone but himself much. Still some boi for his 2013-14 season though. If he could bottle his form during the run-in of that season and play like it every week he'd be playing for Brazil*.

*if he was eligible for Brazil, which I'm going to assume he isn't. Bad analogy.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*cringe*
Just hits home how shite you've been since that we got relegated and almost went bust and are still floating around in the same division five years later.
Not "still" in the same division just back there. In the intervening years we've been in the Premiership while you've been struggling Angus dominated divisions.
Don't let that divert you from your delusion though.

5 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:
Oh and a couple of mates still maintain that the guy on the Firhill pitch (after the 3-3) with his baby dropped said baby on to said pitch.
I maintain this never happened.

You also spilled your cup of tea everywhere during your seething rage!

Wrong. That happened far earlier. Tea is shite anyway.

If Dunfermline had won instead of drawing in the 3-3 they'd have been safe from the playoffs given the 3 point lead and massive GD advantage they held over Cowden going into the last game.
The 5-1 is one of the best performances I can recall, despite what someone said above the 5-1 game was played when there was no real news of financial problems and it was a genuine top of the table clash which in the most un-Thistle like performance, we didn't totally bottle and could have won by more. O'Donnell's goal where he won the ball at right back then popped up 70 yards later on the left to dink it over Gallacher was glorious.
Anyway, all in the past now. Is Higgy still off his nut? I don't think he likes his former teams much, but then again I don't think he likes anyone but himself much. Still some boi for his 2013-14 season though. If he could bottle his form during the run-in of that season and play like it every week he'd be playing for Brazil*.
*if he was eligible for Brazil, which I'm going to assume he isn't. Bad analogy.
I think there we're loads of rumours at the time of the 5-1 game to be fair, although it hadn't been made official. It may have been around the time of the "share issue" if I kind right.

On Higgy, he's still a bit mad and he certainly doesn't like Falkirk (but then until this season's comedy, who did?) but he's out for a few weeks with a groin problem.

On 9/24/2018 at 18:39, All-Star-Par said:

Would like to see Ryan an Hippo/Muirhead up top on Friday. Not been impressed with Fais' continual lack of willing to play for the team rather than himself so far. 

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Balatoni's header in that 5-1 game

1520554763998.gif.c6d1df88638683e278066e2d6be3793f.gif

Our defence not realising that Joe Cardle was going to keep cutting inside and scoring unless we, er, stopped showing him inside to let him score when he bagged a hat-trick as we lost 4-1 at Firhill

1520751492125.gif.55e864a868141dac4b08bf21cb481a87.gif

Was that not Greig Shields playing at right back for you? Joe Cardle was still getting away with that last year, wild. 

Wonder what Partick fans will think of James Craigen. Talented attacking midfielder when he left them. Now our right back. Spoke to a Partick fan the other week, who just couldn’t believe we’d turned him into a right back. Hopefully he’ll put in another strong performance.

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Tea? WTF Baracus.

I thought you were in the 'hot drinks are shite' club?

Disappointing.

I am. But I was very thirsty and it was all they had. Only had a couple of sips though before I put it down as it was rank, as I knew it would be. Ended up spilling it later on by accidentally kicking it anyway.

Horrible stuff.

8 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

DA likes to drink hot drinks in Livvy.

Erm..what?

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Wonder what Partick fans will think of James Craigen. Talented attacking midfielder when he left them. Now our right back. Spoke to a Partick fan the other week, who just couldn’t believe we’d turned him into a right back. Hopefully he’ll put in another strong performance.

Came from the amatuers and scored the winner under the floodlights at a full Firhill to win us the Championship against perennial bottle merchants Greenock Morton. Came to the pub in Maryhill after the win at Falkirk where we lifted the trophy.  He has his place in Thistle history.

Somewhat surprised to hear he's a full back but he we have Christie Elliot playing there, seems like that's where you end up when you work hard but aren't really very good.

If Craigen plays at RB then Storey should go by him with ease considering his only attribute is pace and Craigen’s slow as f**k. Be prepared for lots of terrible crossing if it happens.

I’m away on holiday. Anyone know a decent vpn that will work?

Archived