St Mirren vs Hibs

FT 0-1

Improved second half without creating much. Over the 90 minutes certainly felt we deserved to lose.

Our experienced guys in the middle Smith, S McGinn and Flynn were all really poor again.

One bright spark was Sam Jamieson, a young player I had never heard of before his name was called out as he was coming on to replace Smith. He got stuck in and did far more in his short time on the park than Cammy did.

With Dundee winning today and Aberdeen away for us next week, bottom place is looming. A position I fear we will be very used to come May.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 0-1

Improved second half without creating much. Over the 90 minutes certainly felt we deserved to lose.

Our experienced guys in the middle Smith, S McGinn and Flynn were all really poor again.

One bright spark was Sam Jamieson, a young player I had never heard of before his name was called out as he was coming on to replace Smith. He got stuck in and did far more in his short time on the park than Cammy did.

With Dundee winning today and Aberdeen away for us next week, bottom place is looming. A position I fear we will be very used to come May.

I don’t normally like abusing people online, but that post makes me sorely tempted. 

Far far better second half from Saints. 

Did not expect it but gives me hope for upcoming games. 

Seeing Hibs resort to time wasting and cynical fouls for much of that half tells a tale. 

No points and no goals again, but at least a bit of fight and some decent spells of football. 

First half we toiled but the second half we were very much an improvement. 

Think we all now accept that goals are going to be difficult to come by in this team. Jackson looks the part but I'd like to have seen us get him in behind more. Long balls to him won't work. 

There is dig and endeavour there if not that much quality. I think the presence (and general performance) of a young lad like Sam Jamieson on his debut means that we can now accept we'll likely see the back of at least one of Cooke and Brock-Madsen given neither made the bench when our main front man to this point has a broken hand. 

We need a creative spark on the pitch. Kearney has begun the rebuild in a couple of areas but there is a lot of deadwood there. I also reckon there will be a few loan deals cut short and a few of the guys who have been nowhere near the match day squad mutually consented. 

Indeed, I believe they call that a fairytale m8.
4U0m6pP.png&key=77513746af445dd4fcc5911777edb4fe4d02c2ea81180e4693e5487210a48426

I’ve never actually seen a team making a substitution and the sub is still sitting on the bench not even stripped. Your team picked up one yellow card for time wasting - should’ve been at least one more, so it wasn’t a fairytale.

Anyway as much as we probably deserved to lose we were much better in the second half. Thought Baird had a great game.

2 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

I’ve never actually seen a team making a substitution and the sub is still sitting on the bench not even stripped. Your team picked up one yellow card for time wasting - should’ve been at least one more, so it wasn’t a fairytale.

Anyway as much as we probably deserved to lose we were much better in the second half. Thought Baird had a great game.

What about all of our time St Mirren wasted by making us play them? They could have just given us the points and saved us all this time.

Poor performance in the first half & Hibs deservingly went in ahead at half time.

Second half we were excellent & deserved something from the game. Cammy McPherson in particular played very well. Good debut from Jackson, he could prove to be a very good signing.

Unfortunately got nothing from the game & have a very touch game away to Aberdeen next week. If we give that second half performance again from the first whistle then you never know.

24 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Is that 1 point from 3 games under Kearney? Not ideal so far.

I can assure you getting rid of Stubbs was the only option available. He signed 11 players most of whom had NEVER played a first team game for their Club and some were non-League part-timers. With that squad we drew with Spartans and Queens Park. OK has his work cutout trying to put out a decent team when half the squad are totally rubbish. We may not have been very good today but that was a better performance that the shite we watched under Stubbs.

Archived