St Mirren vs Hibs

St Mirren fans getting a little bit overconfident with their opinions about Stubbs and Hibs, especially for a team who would’ve been consigned to the seaside leagues without us generously throwing them a bone and letting them have a draw on the final day of 2017.

I’d have expected better from the team who singlehandedly stopped Hearts from winning the League in 86, lads.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Big difference between a team that takes chances and a team of chancers.

Stubbs and Jackson were certainly the latter.

Just think, if you'd kept him around you'd still be milling about in the Championship, threatening to come up every season.

Much like Ivan Golac at Dundee Utd, he'll be remembered as a man who delivered a glory run and absolutely historic cup victory but aside from that one momentous occasion on their respective CVs, were ultimately pish football managers in general terms.

I don't think you believe that.

Lennon won the Championship by getting one more point than Stubbs did in both of his league campaigns. Some of his league record definitely deserved criticism (the league form around the two cup runs in 2016 e.g.) but it's playing dumb to ignore the circumstances. 

I've no doubt we'd have went up the next year but we definitely wouldn't have done as well in the Premiership. As I say, Stubbs leaving on a high and Lennon coming in was ideal.

15 hours ago, Zing. said:

We’ll probably drop points here. St Mirren to park the bus for 90 minutes and scrape a draw, IMO. 

I really DO hope we park the bus.

In this, and every other game until January.

I thought that after watching the Hamilton game.

Finding out we were playing with an injured S. McGinn and then hearing Magennis is out for the next 2-3 months, our only hope is to treat EVERY game like Celtic at Celtic Park.

That way we may sneak a few points and still be in touch come January, when Kearney can hopefully fix some of the squad issues he inherited.

HT 0-1

Fair reflection really. If anything we deserve to be further behind. Hibs missed a right sitter on half time there. Free header 6 yards out straight at Sammy.

Hibs simply been far better than us all over the park. Nice to see wee Stevie Mallan back on the Paisley turf. Seen his corners headed into that south stand net plenty of times over the years, never against us though, till today :(

We generally look a disorganised and poorly motivated shambles. Jackson running around and trying fine but doesn’t look like he’s any good. Ferdinand said he was a few weeks away from the pace during the week? Few months maybe. Captain S McGinn doing his usual wet blanket ghost show in midfield.

Only 0-1 so still in it I guess.

HT 0-1

Fair reflection really. If anything we deserve to be further behind. Hibs missed a right sitter on half time there. Free header 6 yards out straight at Sammy.

Hibs simply been far better than us all over the park. Nice to see wee Stevie Mallan back on the Paisley turf. Seen his corners headed into that south stand net plenty of times over the years, never against us though, till today [emoji20]

We generally look a disorganised and poorly motivated shambles. Jackson running around and trying fine but doesn’t look like he’s any good. Ferdinand said he was a few weeks away from the pace during the week? Few months maybe. Captain S McGinn doing his usual wet blanket ghost show in midfield.

Only 0-1 so still in it I guess.
Very harsh report. I think we're doing ok.

Hibs clearly better than us, but shocking goal for us to lose again. 

Saints came into the game more in the last 20 minutes but struggling to create anything. 

Better than last week, which isn’t saying much, but still see us struggling to take many more points this side of January. 

Effort is good though, which is something. 

Archived