St Mirren vs Hibs

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

A management team that takes chances? I suppose they were never going to fit in well at run of the mill "scrape the top league every now and then" St Mirren. eMlO2Ay.png

Really not sure why the Hibs fans are so bitter about us sacking Stubbs. You guys are more than welcome to re-employ him any time you want. 

Thing is, I genuinely hope you don't, because you're generally good guys and he's a useless c**t who will ruin you.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

A management team that takes chances? I suppose they were never going to fit in well at run of the mill "scrape the top league every now and then" St Mirren. eMlO2Ay.png

Its just a coincidence that Stubbs ruined Rotherham and St Mirren then. Away and don’t talk shite, both Stubbs and Jackson are finished and anyone that decides to take them on in management will deserve all that they get. 

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Thing is, I genuinely hope you don't, because you're generally good guys and he's a useless c**t who will ruin you.

Can't speak for the other Hibs bois on here, but he certainly ruined me that day.

Spoiler

_89838607_12131436.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

drunks.jpg

15 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Really not sure why the Hibs fans are so bitter about us sacking Stubbs. You guys are more than welcome to re-employ him any time you want. 

I'm not sure about manager, but he's got a job for life being wheeled out for the half time draw every time we play Rangers.

1 hour ago, Austinho said:

I'm not sure about manager, but he's got a job for life being wheeled out for the half time draw every time we play Rangers.

Stubbs made a huge mistake leaving Hibs for Rotherham ok Blackburn Rovers,  Derby county but Rotherham.  He got you the cup but could not get you out the championship. I'm sure out of football he is a brand new guy.  Sadly he lost the plot at Saints some of his signings really had you scratching your head. The board backed him to the tune of 11 players. Like you did when he left you move on. 

47 minutes ago, Zing. said:

We’ll probably drop points here. St Mirren to park the bus for 90 minutes and scrape a draw, IMO. 

We may be shite but we don't park the bus we will have a go. You have a budget we can only dream of. Imagine how it feels to be a fan of a diddy club with a minor budget of their opponents and win. That's why it feels so special to support your local  diddy team than support the w- ankers that are the old firm  

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

We’ll probably drop points here. St Mirren to park the bus for 90 minutes and scrape a draw, IMO. 

We will have learnt absolutely bugger all from the Aberdeen game. But it'll be ok. Because we'll continue to play the "Hibs way". Bad luck will be to blame again.

52 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

We may be shite but we don't park the bus we will have a go. You have a budget we can only dream of. Imagine how it feels to be a fan of a diddy club with a minor budget of their opponents and win. That's why it feels so special to support your local  diddy team than support the w- ankers that are the old firm  

Had a few shandies the night m9?

56 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Bordering on warrior poetry, stay off our turf.

8 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Think I might've already posted this after he got sacked but you lot have probably done us a favour by appointing Stubbs and sparing us from his inevitable return to Hibs. 

Love the guy but the cup win is clearly going to go down as a unique situation in his career. He signed some great players, built a brilliant team spirit/siege mentality and made a bunch of bold decisions that paid off throughout that cup run. It all came together beautifully then but he hasn't shown any of those qualities since. I'd rather keep that as the main memory of his time at Hibs, rather than potentially sacking him.

6 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Stubbs made a huge mistake leaving Hibs for Rotherham ok Blackburn Rovers,  Derby county but Rotherham.  He got you the cup but could not get you out the championship. I'm sure out of football he is a brand new guy.  Sadly he lost the plot at Saints some of his signings really had you scratching your head. The board backed him to the tune of 11 players. Like you did when he left you move on. 

I'm sure he would've gotten us up the next year anyway but Stubbs starting the rebuild/winning the cup and Lennon coming in afterwards worked out well for us. I don't think Lennon could've won us the cup from the Championship but he is lightyears ahead of Stubbs when it comes to the week-to-week know-how of setting up a team. 

11 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Big difference between a team that takes chances and a team of chancers.

Stubbs and Jackson were certainly the latter.

Just think, if you'd kept him around you'd still be milling about in the Championship, threatening to come up every season.

Much like Ivan Golac at Dundee Utd, he'll be remembered as a man who delivered a glory run and absolutely historic cup victory but aside from that one momentous occasion on their respective CVs, were ultimately pish football managers in general terms.

Archived