St Mirren vs Hibs

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a lot of time for St Mirren as I generally find them to be absolute top lads.  But sacking Sir Stubbs so soon?  Cmon.  I was going to go to the game just to gaze at Alan Stubbs for 90 mins.  So now I'll have to make do with a Stubbsy chant and watching the game.  Do you still do beans on your match day pies?  Last time I was at your ground they did.  Francis Dickho scored the winner

Stubbs will be lucky if he ever gets a management gig again. 

As for the game , I fear the worse. We've not had a settled team all season,  and now with the injuries to McGinn and McGennis I can really see us struggle. Really hope I'm wrong. 

Hopefully a signing or 2 in before Saturday to give me some misplaced faith. 

12 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Hibs will punish this mob for insulting a club legend. Buddies rip. 

We’ve already received the most damaging punishment that anyone could inflict on us, with the appointment of Stubbs. 

Stubbs & Jackson are finished in management, a couple of chancing b*****ds. 

12 hours ago, Lofarl said:

Got a lot of time for St Mirren as I generally find them to be absolute top lads.  But sacking Sir Stubbs so soon?  Cmon.  I was going to go to the game just to gaze at Alan Stubbs for 90 mins.  So now I'll have to make do with a Stubbsy chant and watching the game.  Do you still do beans on your match day pies?  Last time I was at your ground they did.  Francis Dickho scored the winner

I like Hibs have met quite a few of your fans pre match.  Also understand why Stubbs is a hero with Hibs. The glove did not fit Saints there was a lot of shit went on behind the sence it was not the results why Stubbs lost his job.   On the game McShane should stand in for McGinn while Flynn can play Kyle's position. It's not ideal we are where we are. 

It will obviously be a very difficult game on Saturday. Losing Magennis & McGinn will make it that Wee but more difficult right enough.

I would put Edwards in the McGinn role he looks like he likes a tackle & has been quite lively in his first couple of games.

Sadly we've got absolutely nothing up front so I'm anticipating a long afternoon & an away win.

2 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

It will obviously be a very difficult game on Saturday. Losing Magennis & McGinn will make it that Wee but more difficult right enough.

I would put Edwards in the McGinn role he looks like he likes a tackle & has been quite lively in his first couple of games.

Sadly we've got absolutely nothing up front so I'm anticipating a long afternoon & an away win.

Unless the striker on trial steps up to the mark. Lastly ,  DON'T GIVE ANY FOULS AWAY INSIDE 35/45 YARDS. Don't know if I could handle Stevie Mallan scoring against us that would be one bitter tablet to swallow.  

I like Hibs but Stubbs is up there with Craig and Rae as the worst managers in the history of our great Club. He was toxic and should have been pumped after his first couple of non-League part-timer signings instead he was allowed to fill up all the squad places with dross before the Club acted. Not too soon but too late.

Anyway only a performance like against Celtic will see us with any chance of getting something. 11 behind the ball for 90 mins please as times are tough.

41 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

I like Hibs but Stubbs is up there with Craig and Rae as the worst managers in the history of our great Club. He was toxic and should have been pumped after his first couple of non-League part-timer signings instead he was allowed to fill up all the squad places with dross before the Club acted. Not too soon but too late.

Anyway only a performance like against Celtic will see us with any chance of getting something. 11 behind the ball for 90 mins please as times are tough.

We actually created more chances against Celtic than we did against Hamilton. If we can sort out the defensive issues and get us looking more solid at the back, then it gives us a decent platform to hopefully be a bit more brave going forward. If only we had some natural width and a potent striker.

14 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I remember the St Mirren fans lauding Stubbs after the first game at Killie in the cup saying his signings looked good. But apparently he should’ve been sacked straight away. :lol:

Both these statements are correct. That Kilmarnock game was very misleading

15 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I remember the St Mirren fans lauding Stubbs after the first game at Killie in the cup saying his signings looked good. But apparently he should’ve been sacked straight away. :lol:

They did. Coulson, Kpekawa and King, especially, looked decent. Goodness knows what he did to that squad. 

17 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

On reflection we were wrong. Killie were just shite.

Looking forward to this game now it looks like we have a new striker up front as long as international clearance arrives in time. Stephen McGinn is a big loss though there is plenty cover the same goes for Jack Baird . Would I put money on Saints for this match ? No. As long as I see a spirited effort that will be a positive anything else will be a bonus. 

On 25/09/2018 at 08:41, glenburn bud said:

Stubbs & Jackson are finished in management, a couple of chancing b*****ds.

A management team that takes chances? I suppose they were never going to fit in well at run of the mill "scrape the top league every now and then" St Mirren. eMlO2Ay.png

A striker really could make a difference to our squad. Not only has OK inherited an unbalanced squad, he has a vast amount of injuries also to deal with, so he is restricted to put out his strongest team or even close to one.

Stubbs made so many bizarre signings that he came up short when it was evident we needed a winger or two, a few strikers and an experienced centre half. He actually wanted to sign one more centre mid before the window closed when it was clear as day we werent scoring goals. 

I know Hibs fans will forever be grateful to him for that cup win, though understand that there was far more to 'only 4 league games in' and this was not purely a results based decision.  Both him and Jackson will be very lucky to get into coaching again at any senior level.

Archived