Inverness v Queens

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, baw heid said:

Yes it would be good if he could see out the season but as always it's decided by Queens and SU and what's best for Callum's development path.  You would hope his development and his contribution to us would be in the best interests of both clubs but in football, you never can be sure. Any way lets just be pleased with the defensive set up we have just now. Semple looks like he enjoys wearing the Queens colours.

Semple is playing every week, certainly looks like he is enjoying it, training with good professionals

whats not to enjoy.

this being his first loan away from Sheffield he is certainly getting better each week.

3 hours ago, baw heid said:

Yes it would be good if he could see out the season but as always it's decided by Queens and SU and what's best for Callum's development path.  You would hope his development and his contribution to us would be in the best interests of both clubs but in football, you never can be sure. Any way lets just be pleased with the defensive set up we have just now. Semple looks like he enjoys wearing the Queens colours.

Presumably it will come down to finances. I cant imagine we'll be willing to pay any money for a defender once Brownlie and Fordyce are fit again. If he's still playing well Utd may well want him back in their squad - a little bird told me an SFA scout was at the last home game watching him for the U21s

Brownlie and Fordyce replacing Semple and Doyle at CB after xmas. What a depressing thought.

Sheff Utd have started extremely well which can only be good for our chances. They won't have any plans for him just now if they are doing well. Any chance we release Brownlie and use the funds for Semple's next 6 months? [emoji38]

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

He has a poor attitude in training apparently.

A crying shame if true.  He always looks positive when he comes on, and puts some great crosses in.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Presumably it will come down to finances. I cant imagine we'll be willing to pay any money for a defender once Brownlie and Fordyce are fit again. If he's still playing well Utd may well want him back in their squad - a little bird told me an SFA scout was at the last home game watching him for the U21s

We will just have to wait and see.  If the Scottish U21s have a better left sided CB than Semple then he must be some player.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Brownlie and Fordyce replacing Semple and Doyle at CB after xmas. What a depressing thought.

Sheff Utd have started extremely well which can only be good for our chances. They won't have any plans for him just now if they are doing well. Any chance we release Brownlie and use the funds for Semple's next 6 months? emoji38.png

it will be very interesting what happens at the end of the year.  Sheffield United have a great reputation for producing good players not just to play for United but also to sell on. Their Academy is a profitable business. I am hoping our Manager's relationship with United will enable the lad to stay with us. Of course that is if we want to keep him

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

Sadly that is my thought as well. 

It does come down to finances .... he has filled a big hole very well but when the other CB is fit the money could and probably will be used to strengthen the team elsewhere.

did not have a clue about the Scottish Scout. Would be a dream come true for the lad I am sure ..... 

Archived