Inverness v Queens

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

May I extend my good luck and good wishes to all Queen of the South FC players, staff and fans making the long journey north on Saturday (or Friday night).  It is a long journey with many obstacles, but I speak for all Highlanders when I say that I hope you do not lose too many brothers and sisters along the way.

We travel happily to follow our Lord,   and to allow others less fortunate to wonder at his greatness, for he is blessed with talent unmatched by his contemporaries, for there truly is only one Stephen Dobbie. 

Feeling encouraged with our chances here after largely dominating the game against the title favourites at the weekend. Shame we can't seem to take our chances. Oakley is probably our best striker and he is out for a while. Wouldn't mind seeing Austin come in at some point instead of White but happy enough to keep the same starting XI for the third (?) week in a row.

Yep, looks like, apart from the number 9 slot, Robbo has a settled side that he is happy with.  Think Welsh coming in compliments the formation and tactics well.  He and Chalmers did really well on Saturday and them being there forced County to try and play down the flanks, making use of Gardyne and the invisible Don Cowie.

I have a bad feeling about this.  2-0 to Queen of the South.
Would bite hand off for that however what makes you say that. The team has a long journey ahead and although our away form is good, im sure ICT are the form team in the country. Anything we can take from this would be welcome.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Would be a amazing result that .

If you have money to throw away get a bet on 

3 -1 Inverness is more  like the score would be amazed if Queens got anything out of the game 

16 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

4 hour journey from Dumfries and someone's talking about us not fulfilling the fixture. 

Yep,  it makes you wonder why we ever bothered travelling up on the Friday on most other occasions if it's obviously not necessary. 

Home win for me we are back to giving goals away .
We have Dobbie but that is not enough when we give goals away .
As thought it is going to be a hard season really need to freshing the team up but we have  such a small squad that we just can't do that .

Away and support another team

14 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Would be a amazing result that .

If you have money to throw away get a bet on 

3 -1 Inverness is more  like the score would be amazed if Queens got anything out of the game 

Ah there he is, the Northfield we all know and lo...., well just the Northfield we all know.

That worrying bout of optimism evaporated quicker than ice cream on a hot day.

20 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:
22 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Would bite hand off for that however what makes you say that. The team has a long journey ahead and although our away form is good, im sure ICT are the form team in the country. Anything we can take from this would be welcome.

It' s just force of habit.  The only thing that will prevent TheScarf's weekly bad feelings and ICT defeat predictions is an international break :lol:

1 hour ago, cif73 said:

It' s just force of habit.  The only thing that will prevent TheScarf's weekly bad feelings and ICT defeat predictions is an international break :lol:

TheScarf and Northfield should meet up for a pint before the game in that case.  I'm sure it would be a barrel of laughs.

Image result for victor meldrewImage result for rev i m jolly

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Robbo confirming at the end of this piece that Austin should be back in contention for the game at the weekend:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/1570704/team-that-finishes-above-staggies-will-win-championship-says-robertson/

Might be good to give White a bit of a break.

Nathan "Tom Daly" Austin?  I'll get some money on ICT getting a soft penalty or Austin getting booked for "simulation".  

Archived