Inverness v Queens

Home win for me we are back to giving goals away .

We have Dobbie but that is not enough when we give goals away .

As thought it is going to be a hard season really need to freshing the team up but we have  such a small squad that we just can't do that .

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A story that maybe SD can confirm but are Queens travelling up to this game on the morning of the game rather than an overnight stay.  I appreciate the financial aspect of the overnight stay but,  if true,  travelling up on the Saturday morning isn't the best preparation for the game. I suppose it could be countered that the road and travelling conditions have improved and this is probably the right time of the season to do it,  rather than midwinter,  but it doesn't seem good preparation.  

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A story that maybe SD can confirm but are Queens travelling up to this game on the morning of the game rather than an overnight stay.  I appreciate the financial aspect of the overnight stay but,  if true,  travelling up on the Saturday morning isn't the best preparation for the game. I suppose it could be countered that the road and travelling conditions have improved and this is probably the right time of the season to do it,  rather than midwinter,  but it doesn't seem good preparation.  

Its only a 3 hour drive from Glasgow where almost all the players stay. 

13 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Think the last time we played Inverness we traveled up on the Saturday surely the local players the likes of Dykes will be staying in Glasgow on Friday night .

It would be best if we traveled in the Friday but that can cause problems as well think Inverness had something like a 12 hour journey down to us the last time they played did not arrive here till the early hours of Saturday morning .

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Think the last time we played Inverness we traveled up on the Saturday surely the local players the likes of Dykes will be staying in Glasgow on Friday night .

It would be best if we traveled in the Friday but that can cause problems as well think Inverness had something like a 12 hour journey down to us the last time they played did not arrive here till the early hours of Saturday morning .

Yes would think the players living in South West Scotland and England will be staying up in Glasgow after training on Friday.

5 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I'm aware of the distance and approx. travelling time,  I have done the journey on quite a few occasions.  Thanks for confirming it for me though.  My point was it is not an ideal situation but I can understand the financial reasons. Also what happens if there is a situation similar to the events last season when ICT were delayed coming down to Dumfries when the road was blocked for several hours because of an accident? Obviously no-one wishes  that to happen,   but it is another consideration for travelling up the day before.  I can imagine John Robertson itching to get the game played if Queens arrive late as a GIRUY for what happened last season. 

4 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

It was not an ideal situation for ICT on that visit to Dumfries but they were in their hotel at least 12 hours before kick off so had adequate time to rest.  If a similar situation happens on the Saturday that  Queens travel up there is a possibility that they may not be in Inverness for kick off time.  I realise I'm looking at worst case scenario but it is a possibility. 

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm aware of the distance and approx. travelling time,  I have done the journey on quite a few occasions.  Thanks for confirming it for me though.  My point was it is not an ideal situation but I can understand the financial reasons. Also what happens if there is a situation similar to the events last season when ICT were delayed coming down to Dumfries when the road was blocked for several hours because of an accident? Obviously no-one wishes  that to happen,   but it is another consideration for travelling up the day before.  I can imagine John Robertson itching to get the game played if Queens arrive late as a GIRUY for what happened last season. 

Personally i,m more worried about whats going to happen on the pitch rather than worry about something that might or might not happen on the way to the match.

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

You would seem to be overthinking this. On the small chance of a significant delay we would just have to deal with it. It would cost hundreds of pounds to go up on Friday. 

9 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

You would seem to be overthinking this. On the small chance of a significant delay we would just have to deal with it. It would cost hundreds of pounds to go up on Friday. 

Not really overthinking or worried about it at all.  I was just raising a point that the team travelling up on the morning of the match is not ideal preparation and the possibility of potential hitches.  I did say I was looking at worst case scenario.  It could also cost significantly more in fines if we fail to fulfil the fixture than it would for an overnight stay. 

Fuck me, Inverness isn't in the Arctic Circle lads.  

All this chat because of a horrifc and freak RTC last season.  Leave at 9 and you'll be here for half 1/2.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

f**k me, Inverness isn't in the Arctic Circle lads.  

All this chat because of a horrifc and freak RTC last season.  Leave at 9 and you'll be here for half 1/2.

I'm sure I saw a couple of polar bears wearing thermals the last time I was there.  If I leave at 8 will I be there for quarter 1/2?

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

f**k me, Inverness isn't in the Arctic Circle lads.  

To be fair it is only one person pissing their frillys.  I know it winds our fanbase up when opposition fans talk about Dumfries as if it is the other side of the moon so I think most of us appreciate that a three hour drive isn't too much of a hardship for professional footballers living in the central belt.

25 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

To be fair it is only one person pissing their frillys.  I know it winds our fanbase up when opposition fans talk about Dumfries as if it is the other side of the moon so I think most of us appreciate that a three hour drive isn't too much of a hardship for professional footballers living in the central belt.

I've travelled the road on many occasions so know what it's like and have had very good and also very bad journeys on it.  Raising a valid point for discussion is hardly "pissing my frillys" and I've got more important things to worry about,  like how you know I wear frillys,  but you can be sure if anything does go wrong I'll be on with the "I told you so's". 

In the past it has often been said that the team going up on the same day is not ideal and a sign of our worsening financial position. What seems to have happened on this occasion is that Fae_the_briggs has made that same well worn comment, and the replies this time are effectively "who cares". So then he has tried to justify his comment by reference to worst case scenarios, while also insisting he doesn't really care.

You don't half see some shite on messageboards.

30 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

In the past it has often been said that the team going up on the same day is not ideal and a sign of our worsening financial position. What seems to have happened on this occasion is that Fae_the_briggs has made that same well worn comment, and the replies this time are effectively "who cares". So then he has tried to justify his comment by reference to worst case scenarios, while also insisting he doesn't really care.

You don't half see some shite on messageboards.

Usually in your posts. 

May I extend my good luck and good wishes to all Queen of the South FC players, staff and fans making the long journey north on Saturday (or Friday night).  It is a long journey with many obstacles, but I speak for all Highlanders when I say that I hope you do not lose too many brothers and sisters along the way.

Archived