Hamilton Academical VS Dundee THE BIG ONE!

I really didn’t understand Accies tactics today especially first half. They just sat in and made no effort to press our defence as they happily passed it around the back. In fairness it was up to us to break Accies down and we just don’t have the quality to break teams down who sit in. As soon as Accies started to have a go second half, they looked far a better team than the first half but they just lack that killer pass.

Seen Canning say they dominated which is untrue as we passed up a few great chances second half also. Innis should of scored, any height on his shot and it was in. Nabi lacked the composure to finish his chance edge of the box.

It was a funny one seeing Imrie try play the Scott Brown role today second half. Just an absolute no.

Tbf you had a fair few chances.

Not really. We hit the bar twice which is unlucky, but other than that the only save parish made was from a Keatings daisy cutter. Every accies fan expected to lose yesterday, If there is a team you want to face when your on a pish run it’s accies.

My feelings on the game yesterday were that we still didn't look very good, but Accies were woeful. The boy Brustad was honking and McMann was determined to give us a goal via a throw-in.  Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with the 3 points, and we needed the win, we definitely had a bit more zip about us for the end of the first half after the goal and then brought that into the start of the second. Naturally given our position we began to shite ourselves the longer the game went on and Accies really could've had a point looking at the opportunities they missed. We were at absolute panic stations towards the end. Didn't realise how shocking a miss that Accies one was that went across the box until seeing it back, christ! Great goal to seal the win and brilliant to see Roarie back. Hopefully the win kicks us on now. Even though I don't think we played well, the fact that we have won might bring a bit of confidence back to the players and we can look to build on that with some better performances. Clearly meant a lot to the players at the end when everyone joined in the goal celebrations and Nabi was going mental on the sidelines.

Thought Miller looked good (although not a defender) and Kallman was a handful, he seemed to do well with what I'd considered lost balls quite a few times. When he decides he wants to Elton looks like a great wee player, but he needed both Kamara and Kerr to tell him to get the finger out yesterday. Special mention to my man of the match, Lewis Spence. He's been a bit of a figure of ridicule between me and my mates, he always tries hard but doesn't look up to much but yesterday he was superb. Composed, level-headed and controlled a lot of the play in midfield I felt. Fingers crossed we're off the mark and can continue this now. Who the f**k really cares how you perform as long as you get the three points eh? 

Thank You.

15 minutes ago, Caballero said:

Martin Canning says Hamilton were dominant.

Hamilton had one shot on target

Martin is special

Probably have more impact if your own manager hadnt been doing this for about a year.

5 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Not really. We hit the bar twice which is unlucky, but other than that the only save parish made was from a Keatings daisy cutter. Every accies fan expected to lose yesterday, If there is a team you want to face when your on a pish run it’s accies.

The freekick off the bar came through a bizarre decision by Willie Collum that only Willie Collum saw or would’ve given. The assistant ref never flagged for anything , Collum had his back to what happened but managed to book both players but give the foul to Hamilton. Accies possession near the halfway line to a foul a yard outside our box. 

Kallman & Kerr 1st half probably should’ve scored or at least forced a save from the keeper then Innis and Nabi should’ve both scored 2nd half.