Morton v Ayr

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harvey played for the reserves last Monday and watching McCall wouldn't have been that impressed, I think the boys decent but needs to sort himself out defensively to improve. As for dropping Geggan it's a no for me he's a better defender than the boy Harvey and we will need that in the next two games, if anything I would keep it the same.

Harvey played for the reserves last Monday and watching McCall wouldn't have been that impressed, I think the boys decent but needs to sort himself out defensively to improve. As for dropping Geggan it's a no for me he's a better defender than the boy Harvey and we will need that in the next two games, if anything I would keep it the same.

Aye cause McCall cares what Harvie plays like in a reserve game. It’s purely for fitness reasons he was playing.

Harvie is fine defensively and offers far more than Geggan does going forward. From what I’ve seen of him this season I’d say he’s much better than just “decent”.

Can really put a prediction on this game until after we've played rangers on Wednesday, we'll only know then where we are fitness wise and mentally depending on the result.

Don't expect us to play the same team as yesterday for the Rangers and Morton game, it's just a question of which game McCall decides to change it up a bit.

Still hope we can get a win next Saturday and keep top, won't be easy though and we never seen to do well at cappielow. Morton fans will be able answer this better but going by results they seem to be carrying on after McKinnon with two good draws which makes it even tougher.

2-1 Ayr

13 hours ago, rb123! said:

Can really put a prediction on this game until after we've played rangers on Wednesday, we'll only know then where we are fitness wise and mentally depending on the result.

Don't expect us to play the same team as yesterday for the Rangers and Morton game, it's just a question of which game McCall decides to change it up a bit.

Still hope we can get a win next Saturday and keep top, won't be easy though and we never seen to do well at cappielow. Morton fans will be able answer this better but going by results they seem to be carrying on after McKinnon with two good draws which makes it even tougher.

2-1 Ayr

Threw away 3 points in one and the other was up there with the worst performances i've seen at Cappielow in years. 

There are pubs to suit all needs in Greenock/Gourock if you're wise enough to stay on the train past Cartsdyke. Plenty of pubs that serve things like coffee and allow children, supplemented with plenty of 35ml serving bins with passive aggressive signage and pish stained regulars.

As for the game itself, if we play 4-4-2 again we will be buried. Any variation of a 4-3-3 and we should* be fine.

21 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

We're doing a wee pub crawl down the coast after the game. Any pubs near Port Glasgow station that are ok? Think we have 30 mins or so before the Wemyss Bay train.

The Star Bar is right outside the train station, with a few other pubs in vicinity.

On 24/09/2018 at 12:32, BishopLenBrennan said:

There are pubs to suit all needs in Greenock/Gourock if you're wise enough to stay on the train past Cartsdyke. Plenty of pubs that serve things like coffee and allow children, supplemented with plenty of 35ml serving bins with passive aggressive signage and pish stained regulars.

As for the game itself, if we play 4-4-2 again we will be buried. Any variation of a 4-3-3 and we should* be fine.

On 24/09/2018 at 13:07, AsimButtHitsASix said:

All pubs in Greenock are phenomenal on account of being in Greenock. So you'll have plenty options to drown your sorrows after a 3-0 skelping courtesy of a surprise Bob McHugh hat trick

On 24/09/2018 at 15:05, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

We're doing a wee pub crawl down the coast after the game. Any pubs near Port Glasgow station that are ok? Think we have 30 mins or so before the Wemyss Bay train.

Visit the Norseman, Burns lounge a close 2nd

8 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Gourock is unfortunately not on the agenda but I understand the sentiment! James Watt before the game, then a hasty one in the Star, Station Bar in Wemyss Bay, Largs and Kilwinning is the plan.

James watt . Fine

Star. Been in worse, better than the comet and donnachies 

Station bar. Excellent 

Largs. Take your pick but sound

Kilwinning.......

Archived