Morton v Ayr

On a serious note how on earth have we managed to sign Liam Smith. An absolute gem of a player we’ve got. Yet to put a foot wrong in a game and wouldn’t look out of place playing in midfield.

Because we finally have a proper manager that can spot a player and can improve a player...simples

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Pure Mental said:

You could understand being ripped apart by decent teams at this level; like Hibs etc Ayr United though; that’s tragic and should never of happened. We score that penalty and they fold like the club they are. To go on and lose like that shows how gutless certain players are. 

hafknha

Because we finally have a proper manager that can spot a player and can improve a player...simples

Don't think that applies to Smith really, but it does a fair few others in the team.

I would credit McCall for taking advantage that there wasn’t much interest elsewhere and got in straightaway when he became available.

I was more alluding to he’s another player we’ve got that really should be playing in the league above.

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Just to add a bit of perspective, that's our first home defeat this season, in all competitions. 

Yes, there is cause for concern, there always is after a result like that. But we still have a decent squad of players and for the majority of the game we played pretty well.

Believe it or not we looked more organised and composed than last week.

Tidser let the team down today when he grabbed that ball for the penalty knowing he was not fit. We score that goal and it could have been a very different game.

But I'm not taking anything away from the shambles we had to endure in the 20 minute spell. Players should be hurting and already JJ is under pressure - welcome to management! 

naw you don't/naw you never

Agree wholeheartedly with the £20 for  a cramped restricted view comments. It was worth it to witness that though. Far from the best we've played this season and still a resounding win. Morton's first home defeat in all competitions just makes it all the more impressive. They are just lucky they caught us on an off day and not at full strength.

52 minutes ago, diege said:

That was a right game of half hours, the first and last going to Ayr with the middle to Morton.

Think the penalty save was the turning point, what a weak shot. Ross Doohan for being only 19 is some goalie, I say it again, one of the best I've seen claiming crosses

Robbie Crawford needs dropped in my opinion, he's being shoehorned into this team at left midfield and it's not working. Last few weeks we've not seen the best of him.

We could talk about Shankland as usual but my love for wee Craigy Moore. What a performance, keep forgetting how good he actually is. Will be pushing for a start now he has proved he can play with Shankers. Same for McDaid, played well.

The depth in our squad is something I haven't seen in years, the names on the bench would have been automatic starters in previous years

McCalls doing some jobby

all of that

On a serious note how on earth have we managed to sign Liam Smith. An absolute gem of a player we’ve got. Yet to put a foot wrong in a game and wouldn’t look out of place playing in midfield.
St Mirren fans on Twitter absolutely love the boy and can't understand why they did not sign him, both full back options look very good as long as Harvie learns to keep the head got to agree with McCall he was ok first half but excellent 2nd half wonder if he was apprehensive about going full pelt and getting another early booking

I would quite happily pay £20 to stand cramped in a covered terrace every away game .f**k that sitting down no atmosphere crap. What a team we have. I would have took a point at half time .then moore comes on and we absolutely destroy Morton.love it long may it continue  .proud ayr fan tonight 

57 minutes ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

To be fair, until the season started, that would have been a fair assumption. You'll get a fair space at TFS due to the SPLs amazing stadium requirements :lol:

f**k off out the Morton threads DeeBairn before you claim bipolar again you lonely, weird little wankpot

Tbf I wasn't at the game today so can't comment for that but I didn't think he was as standout in the game at Alloa as quite a few have said, giving the ball away quite often (fwiw I thought bell was excellent that game considering how little he's played). I agree with the sentiment though, he's clearly a very capable player who'll go from strength to strength and we've done well to attract him to Ayr!

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I would quite happily pay £20 to stand cramped in a covered terrace every away game .f**k that sitting down no atmosphere crap. What a team we have. I would have took a point at half time .then moore comes on and we absolutely destroy Morton.love it long may it continue  .proud ayr fan tonight 

It seems home fans only pay £18 - they issue a "fan card" (whatever that is) which gives the holder a £2 discount as a fiddle to effectively charge away fans more. Should be against League regulations. Mind, even £18 for that crap restricted view is outrageous. Thank god the second  half we were playing towards  our own fans. 

Archived