Todays scores 22/9

GNU_Linux

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are the expectations too high given the meadow’s history? Would one more year in division one have been of greater benefit? Don’t watch much of meadow so it’s a genuine question to those who do.

Expectations will always be high at Meadow due to our recent and historic success but fans need to be realistic now. The club are still getting back on their feet and are a couple of years away from being debt free.

Players are hard to come by and any half decent player at this level is going to cost money.

Saying that, there’s no excuse for losing 7-0 to a team that we’re promoted along with us.

Our managers stubborness will be his undoing. Player recruitment in the summer has been abysmal, not helped with long term injuries to McTernan and Boyd.

Expectations will always be high at Meadow due to our recent and historic success but fans need to be realistic now. The club are still getting back on their feet and are a couple of years away from being debt free.

Players are hard to come by and any half decent player at this level is going to cost money.

Saying that, there’s no excuse for losing 7-0 to a team that we’re promoted along with us, who also had a player playing for them that warmed the bench for us last season.

Our managers stubborness will be his undoing. Player recruitment in the summer has been abysmal, not helped with long term injuries to McTernan and Boyd.

That’s why I asked mate. It’s only my opinion that some fans can’t accept where you are due to where you’ve been. Any club at any level can suffer from this and it becomes a burden. Although your current financial problems certainly won’t help you short term, long term there’s no reason I can see you shouldn’t progress back up the junior standings.

That’s why I asked mate. It’s only my opinion that some fans can’t accept where you are due to where you’ve been. Any club at any level can suffer from this and it becomes a burden. Although your current financial problems certainly won’t help you short term, long term there’s no reason I can see you shouldn’t progress back up the junior standings.
They can't be that stuck for money if it costs them £12k to get shot of McGinty.

Make that 7
You weren't playing the Largs that went up last season, that's for sure.

We were a different class today. Without rubbing it in id say 7-0 flattered meadow who now look destined for the Championship. The Meadow fans I spoke to were, on the whole, great but the behaviour of your manager and captain today was deplorable.

4 minutes ago, tombo said:
11 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

They can't be that stuck for money if it costs them £12k to get shot of McGinty.

1D3F80B9-3FED-4D23-AFEC-CBD5FA37CBBD.gif

1D3F80B9-3FED-4D23-AFEC-CBD5FA37CBBD.gif.9bc51ea0b2de0c48e6010722e5f30e88.gif
Sorry .Stu, but this was from one of your people, who is very reliable, been actively involved in the club and particularly vocal at the time the manager's financial package was agreed. The guy has integrity but won't name him on here.
T

12 minutes ago, tombo said:
19 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

McGinty.

A man who walked out on Lok when the chips were down and when we needed his experience in the dressing room when battling relegation.

PS to my last post, you need to stop playing the paupers card on here as it's nonsense. You finished last season strongly, and quite deserved your promotion. You targeted premier level players to complement the core of last season's squad you wanted to keep and had the money to do that. The old debt is being dealt with separately to that spend. Truth is you have flattered to deceive this season and have failed to meet the fans expectations. I personally thought you would do better.
T

That's what happens when you give a manager a 3 year deal he should have the decency  to walk if he cares about the club 
Thanks J appreciate the back up as the fans need to know what they are up against.
T
PS good result today I predicted we would both win[emoji6]

Archived