Names

NJ2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, throbber said:

Noah is a ridiculous name as well and anyone called that is forbidden to play with my daughter.

36 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

What's your daughter's name so we can all judge?

Throbberetta

I know someone who's mum is Finnish and who has a fairly common Finnish name. She enjoys some of the variations of her name that Starbuck's staff put on the cup when she orders coffee. .

I'd like to invent a girl's name using a random set of letters. Something like Kasmelia. 

what counts as a different spelling and what's a different name? muhammed maybe? mohammet? what about mohmet?
how about if you count the different spellings/versions of other names though: lump in all the ians, euans, eoins, owens, johns, jans and giovannis?
Personnally i think names are outdated and our robot overlords will find barcodes a much more practical way of managing their bio-resources.
It's already happening, in China the biggest email company qq.com just give you a 10 digit number with @qq.com. No such thing as a personal email address.

As for the Mohammed names, does all boys from Islam have that as their first name? If so it's not that much...

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

According to this article there has only been 20 babies called Adolf in the UK since 1945.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7897580/Twenty-babies-in-Britain-named-Adolf.html

the article is 8 years old so there may have been more since then.

A few years back I took a tour of the Coors Brewery where we learned about it's founder, German immigrant Adolph Coors. One wifey in the group visibly shuddered and mused "Why on earth would his parents name him that?" Well, he was born in 1827 almost 70 years before his soundalike so...

what counts as a different spelling and what's a different name? muhammed maybe? mohammet? what about mohmet?
how about if you count the different spellings/versions of other names though: lump in all the ians, euans, eoins, owens, johns, jans and giovannis?
Personnally i think names are outdated and our robot overlords will find barcodes a much more practical way of managing their bio-resources.
We could all just get a number tattooed on our arm, surprised nobody has thought of it before.

33 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

A few years back I took a tour of the Coors Brewery where we learned about it's founder, German immigrant Adolph Coors. One wifey in the group visibly shuddered and mused "Why on earth would his parents name him that?" Well, he was born in 1827 almost 70 years before his soundalike so...

'Murica & a Coors drinker.

Not surprised.

Archived