Q.P. vs E.C.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Landan Spiv
1 hour ago, Joe coconuts said:

Landon spiv just remember you’re playing against an amateur team who don’t get paid you fat useless turnip

Bet ya dont moan about being amateur when ya win, listen mate.... You've made accusations about our players etc so except a bit of stick back. We were denied one of the most blatant penalties I have ever seen against you but you dont seem to be reasonable enough to mention that. 

Bet ya dont moan about being amateur when ya win, listen mate.... You've made accusations about our players etc so except a bit of stick back. We were denied one of the most blatant penalties I have ever seen against you but you dont seem to be reasonable enough to mention that. 

I'd have been raging if that decision was against us but the ref missed an equal blatant foul against our guy seconds before that led to the pen decision. Neither decision had an effect on the result though. Better team won, handsomely. Enjoy the now!

12 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Embra look v good eh. Many players they brought in if many this season...???

Translation: "Edinburgh are looking rather formidable, what, what? How many players have they acquired this season or have they in fact acquired a significant number?"

I think.

In my previous post I forgot to say how well organised City were. They're a good side but Queen's were really poor. We were very lucky to avoid a total ragdolling, mainly thanks to the woodwork and Jordan Hart. Big improvement needed quickly.

Thought we were really good yesterday and it could have been more in the end. Can’t wait to see the penalty shout on the highlights as from where I was it looked as certain as you get, ended up laughing after I’d finished shouting at the ref.

What a difference to where we were at this time last season.

17 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Thought we were really good yesterday and it could have been more in the end. Can’t wait to see the penalty shout on the highlights as from where I was it looked as certain as you get, ended up laughing after I’d finished shouting at the ref.

What a difference to where we were at this time last season.

Thought you should have had two. I’d have been screaming for the one that Gerry sort of fell over and skittled the boy as well.

What's made the difference? The passing and ball retention yesterday was by far the ebst I've seen this season. Looks like some good finishers too?

We changed managers after a few weeks of the season last time and that was actually a bigger deal than we’d first thought as it meant a much more ‘professional’ approach (no disrespect to Gary Jardine who is a top bloke, a club legend and is a brilliant manager at that level). Basically McDonaugh has been able to ship out the players he didn’t fancy and being in stronger, quicker and technically better footballers (budget will clearly have gone up to allow this).

By all accounts we’re one of the most professional part time teams in the country and standards/demands are incredibly high in all areas of the club (big part of that is the manager).

The club is clearly incredibly ambitious and I think last season was a bit of a reality check.

Big turnaround of players in the off season (not unusual at this level I know) and almost every single one has improved the side. Balatoni, McIntyre, Black, Taylor and Blair Henderson all summer signings and all in the running for our best player so far.

Guest Landan Spiv
41 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

The only real difference between Peterhead and Edinburgh is that Edinburgh have a slightly better manager. It does tend to help when you are in a position to fling £400+ a week at several players.

Where do you get those figures? 

We changed managers after a few weeks of the season last time and that was actually a bigger deal than we’d first thought as it meant a much more ‘professional’ approach (no disrespect to Gary Jardine who is a top bloke, a club legend and is a brilliant manager at that level). Basically McDonaugh has been able to ship out the players he didn’t fancy and being in stronger, quicker and technically better footballers (budget will clearly have gone up to allow this).

By all accounts we’re one of the most professional part time teams in the country and standards/demands are incredibly high in all areas of the club (big part of that is the manager).

The club is clearly incredibly ambitious and I think last season was a bit of a reality check.

Big turnaround of players in the off season (not unusual at this level I know) and almost every single one has improved the side. Balatoni, McIntyre, Black, Taylor and Blair Henderson all summer signings and all in the running for our best player so far.
Real surprise package this season looked a good outfit when you beat us 2 0 earlier on at broadwood just wondering is there a good depth to the squad ? If so then genuine title contenders mind you Stirling started like a train ( last season I think and fell away ) it's when injuries and suspensions kick in that the squad is important and the January window . Edinburgh signed some right good players who can't come cheap.and certainly isn't on crowds of 250 so I take it someone is putting money in , if so good luck to you.ive no problem with it interesting times for the Edinburgh city fans

Real surprise package this season looked a good outfit when you beat us 2 0 earlier on at broadwood just wondering is there a good depth to the squad ? If so then genuine title contenders mind you Stirling started like a train ( last season I think and fell away ) it's when injuries and suspensions kick in that the squad is important and the January window . Edinburgh signed some right good players who can't come cheap.and certainly isn't on crowds of 250 so I take it someone is putting money in , if so good luck to you.ive no problem with it interesting times for the Edinburgh city fans

I’ve got no real idea about the wages to be honest but yeah common sense tells you there must be finance coming from somewhere. I was told that in our first season in the league we had the 3rd lowest budget after Berwick and Cowden but looking at the level of player we’ve brought in surely that’s no longer the case.

In terms of squad strength we’ve got really good options off the bench, guys like Callum Hall and Allen Smith but the squad itself is not overly big (I believe that’s deliberate after a bloated squad last year). Basically we’d struggle to deal with a bad run of injuries but depending on when that happened we seem to have good contacts at other clubs and can use the loan market relatively well.

Not at the races today; however, but for a couple of cracking saves by the City keeper, we could have stolen a point. We also had a peach of a chance at 0/0 and there were some tantalising balls whacked across the face of the City goal.  It wasn't all bad then.

City have obviously recruited well.  As with all the teams we've played so far, it seems that the first asset a player has to have it being tall and or big & beefy.  We will have to be cuter to beat these teams but, again, we fail to take our chances.

Disappointingly, City simply ran through our midfield at will, leaving the defence dreadfully exposed.  Big Gerry's tackling was superb; what a find he's been.  Roberts continues to shine and it's great to have a proficient keeper again.  Gibson was fine, as was McKernan, but the others had an off day.

Poor display by the officials, but certainly nothing that influenced the result so no sour grapes there.  Offside for the first goal?  Certainly just as "onside" as Mortimer was just after the clattering that Gerry gave someone that deserved it.   As already mentioned, City had all the wee tricks off pat, but this is part of the game.

We've lost a bit of momentum since the TNS match.  Hopefully normal service is resumed this week at Elgin who seem to be having an erratic start.  We're a half-decent side...we just need to get someone who can score.  We've a stack of injuries which isn't helping; apparaently only 9 of the first team squad trained on Tuesday.

7 hours ago, cfcuk said:
9 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

loadsamoney.jpg.2bf6106121db3df37999a9bd947aefff.jpg

Loadsamoney City...  I think not. 

Archived