Loons v City

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, underpar said:

My biggest fear is the risk to our players on THAT surface .  Dene Shields injured at Montrose few weeks back . Cant afford to lose anyone else.   City win .

To be fair , Station Park is one of , if not the best artificial surface in Scotland due to the work that Martin the groundsman does in maintaining it.  It is one of the few plastic pitches where the bounce is consistent .  I also can't remember the last injury any of our players picked up on that pitch ..........unlike some of the other abortions which are obviously used solely to generate income with the minimum of maintenance. 

As for the game itself, a tough one to call.  Hopefully our recent improvement in form continues along with the inconsistent Farfar performance of last week. 

However , I predict a niggly 0-0 with yet another shite ref trying to steal the limelight. :rolleyes:

Always enjoy a derby at station park be our first trip there since the great escape and we get to see our old pal Mr weir. Was quite disappointed in Hendry last week after his performance against Arbroath Boris was great when he came on last week so be a tough call who starts along with Jacko

Guest bernardblack

Really looking forward to this! Our recent derby record is appalling but if we turn up, should be a good game!

Assuming our loan players all HAVE to start the game I would go

McCallum
Wilson Travis whyte
Meechan Bain
Moore Reilly Hilson
Cunningham Baird

TBH that was a struggle

Guest bernardblack
Really looking forward to this! Our recent derby record is appalling but if we turn up, should be a good game!

Assuming our loan players all HAVE to start the game I would go

McCallum
Wilson Travis whyte
Meechan Bain
Moore Reilly Hilson
Cunningham Baird

TBH that was a struggle

Somehow need to squeeze MacKintosh in there too actually!

I did not want to post after our Montrose defeat but after watching another game spoiled by a plastic pitch I have to join the “get rid of them” brigade. It is like watching a game of tennis except miskicks and misdirected passes dominate the game. It really isn’t football as we know it Jim. Not to mention career ending injuries - how long can the SFA let that go on?

not sure about the “how did Forfar not win that game” post - both teams missed a pile of sitters - could have been 5 -5 . Not sure about the”two poor teams” comment either - on that pitch how would you tell?

Guest bernardblack
I did not want to post after our Montrose defeat but after watching another game spoiled by a plastic pitch I have to join the “get rid of them” brigade. It is like watching a game of tennis except miskicks and misdirected passes dominate the game. It really isn’t football as we know it Jim. Not to mention career ending injuries - how long can the SFA let that go on?
not sure about the “how did Forfar not win that game” post - both teams missed a pile of sitters - could have been 5 -5 . Not sure about the”two poor teams” comment either - on that pitch how would you tell?

Blaming misdirected passes on the pitch? That’s a new one!

Archived