Loons v City

Watched highlights and Jim Weirs interview, don’t see what point he’s trying to make. Surely better keeping that stuff in house, clearly on about Easton and clearly feeling the pressure from fans to play him. Also was very harsh on Cunningham, what’s he gain from that.

Forfar looked quite tidy again in highlights, never thought I’d say this about a Jim Weir team but maybe missing a physical presence. Lot of wee guys. Hilson looking very sharp this season totally different player.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watched highlights and Jim Weirs interview, don’t see what point he’s trying to make. Surely better keeping that stuff in house, clearly on about Easton and clearly feeling the pressure from fans to play him. Also was very harsh on Cunningham, what’s he gain from that.

Forfar looked quite tidy again in highlights, never thought I’d say this about a Jim Weir team but maybe missing a physical presence. Lot of wee guys. Hilson looking very sharp this season totally different player.
Hilson's best spell for us was when Sanny flicked on or held up and layed off the ball to him.
Matty is a prime candidate for that style this season.

4 hours ago, 'Steve said:

Since moving to wing back Orsi has undoubtedly been one of our best players, why would he be dropped?

He offered nothing of much. V laboured. I also think Burns offered nothing so we had no width of quality ball in. Burns shanking several into the carpark.

First half was all us, we dominated without creating enough.

Second half was a flip with Forfar being on top and, as has been said Weir made subs that increased Farfirs grip on the game where as our man stood with arms folded holding conference with the coaches only to do nothing. Boris getting 6min is a waste.

Smith is also looking laboured at the back, McLean in for him next week. Think Spark is doing enough to retain his post. Sinclair had a gash in his leg from last week and should not have started. But when we have focused on defenders being sign options are limited.

A draw ab out right but the corner to the Forfar goal? The ref gave it from 20m away whilst the lines man was having a cuppa at half way line.

Anyways onto next week.

To be fair I think he’s hampered by having to play the loan players in a set percentage of matches.

The spine of the team has been pretty constant:

McCallum - Travis (when fit) - Reilly/Murray - Hilson/Baird

Add in Meechan and Bain playing every game and that’s a very decent start to a team. Especially with players like Easton coming off the bench
He's not 'hampered' by having to play loan players, it's his choice to sign them with this agreement (if this is the case).

No one should be guaranteed a starting place, this nonsense has to be stopped and if that means no loanees so be it.

Guest bernardblack
19 hours ago, speedframe said:

He's not 'hampered' by having to play loan players, it's his choice to sign them with this agreement (if this is the case).

No one should be guaranteed a starting place, this nonsense has to be stopped and if that means no loanees so be it.

I think it's pretty much a standard clause in loan agreements these days. 

Guest bernardblack
I heard DC refused loanees on that basis, then again he still kept playing some rank rotten ones week in week out. 

Must be a tough one for managers. Could potentially have the next big thing in your squad for a season....or stuck with a dud.

I do like all of our loan players though

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

I heard DC refused loanees on that basis, then again he still kept playing some rank rotten ones week in week out.

Don’t know about the new lad from Hamilton yet, but there is no way Wilson or Moore merit a place in our starting line up.

Don’t know about the new lad from Hamilton yet, but there is no way Wilson or Moore merit a place in our starting line up.
I'd agree with that.

I like the look of Cunningham, he was linking up well with the front two at times but he's taking Easton's spot.

3 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I'm guessing you were late in then. Your goal was well into the first half and definitely against the run of play.

This just shows how people see games differently . I was chatting to an old football team mate from Farfar at half time who agreed that Farfar were being bossed in midfield and were forced into a lot of mis placed passes .  He thought as I  did that Brechin were the better team at that stage. 

I suppose it boils down to just how strongly tinted your specs are !  8)

42 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

This just shows how people see games differently . I was chatting to an old football team mate from Farfar at half time who agreed that Farfar were being bossed in midfield and were forced into a lot of mis placed passes .  He thought as I  did that Brechin were the better team at that stage. 

I suppose it boils down to just how strongly tinted your specs are !  8)

The above is a pretty accurate summation of the first half.

23 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

First half was all us, we dominated without creating enough.

The above is not.  We really could have had two or three goals in the first 10-15 minutes, you guys were never at the races until you scored.

24 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

If Cunningham scores and then we get that penalty....

I said at the time we got lucky with the penalty decision.  Maybe the refs felt sorry for us after seeing the one Raith got last week. ;)

But as they say If your aunty had balls she'd be your uncle . 

On 9/23/2018 at 17:46, speedframe said:

Spot on, i see our only proper left back has now been loaned out now, it's strange stuff at Station again!!

Archived