SLFL Media

Baxter's Nutmeg

4 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Saw on Twitter yesterday that the league have tied up with RockSport Radio to bring some extra coverage. Hopefully it will bring some extra fans through their coverage.

Potential game changer for the league. The lack of coverage from national newspapers and broadcasters has hindered the LL. Well done to Michael and George for making this happen.

50 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Potential game changer for the league. The lack of coverage from national newspapers and broadcasters has hindered the LL. Well done to Michael and George for making this happen.

The nationals and the TV don't really give a toss about anything outside of the Premiership. League 1 and 2 barely get a mention never mind the LL and HL. The Lowland League folk however do seem to be doing the best to raise their profile so good on them.

44 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

There's a piece almost daily in the Sun.

I notice Scott Campbell has changed his former Juniors pages to Non League and he has given the LL and EOSL a more than fair coverage on the grand scale of things I would say 2-3 times a week rather than almost daily. 

24 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The nationals and the TV don't really give a toss about anything outside of the Premiership. League 1 and 2 barely get a mention never mind the LL and HL. The Lowland League folk however do seem to be doing the best to raise their profile so good on them.

I'd agree with the point that press don't care much about the lower leagues, unless Celtic or Rangers are visiting for a Scottish Cup tie.

However, the clubs could also do a lot more to promote themselves. Almost none of the them send out press releases or invite reporters to the stadium for photoshoots or press calls. A lot of this stuff takes a pretty small amount of time and costs nothing.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'd agree with the point that press don't care much about the lower leagues, unless Celtic or Rangers are visiting for a Scottish Cup tie.

However, the clubs could also do a lot more to promote themselves. Almost none of the them send out press releases or invite reporters to the stadium for photoshoots or press calls. A lot of this stuff takes a pretty small amount of time and costs nothing.

Don't know how much press releases clubs send out as far as I know we send them to the local paper reporter and a guy who freelances stuff for the nationals i'm sure that's the case with most lower league clubs - a freelancer can send a story in but its up to the sports editors to publish the stories.

Normally the same for pre match and interviews with the manager local press and freelancers speaking before and after games.

For photo shoots normally a few at our preseason photo shoot local press and SNS who seem to cover most of the papers.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think there are lots of Non-League Clubs who have brilliant social media output. In some cases much better than current League Clubs.

The  reason I said this is a game changer is because Rocksport will be the first national media outlet to cover the entire league. Whilst it’s great to see the Sun’s Scott Campbell start to cover the league. The media in general tend to pick and choose. Best example of this is the recent announcement of a new league sponsor. The league chairman and the manager of East Kilbride were interviewed when most people would expect the reigning league champions to be involved. The reason? The media outlets covering the launch wanted Brian Kerr because he's better known.  

Fact is no one gave a toss about the Lowland League until certain individuals within our game started to shout about it.  I’ve seen more positive action from this board in the past few months than we’ve seen  from previous boards in the last 4 or 5 years.

At this rate they’ll have negotiated a European TV deal before Doncaster and his cronies. (Although some might claim that wouldn’t be hard)

5 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

There's a piece almost daily in the Sun.

Which is great news. I know Scott has already attended a couple of our home games. The press will however generally focus on what they think is important to their readers and edit accordingly. Rocksport will cover all of it and no matter how media savvy clubs are in our league , they will all get a share of the limelight.

1 hour ago, Soor Plooms said:

I think there are lots of Non-League Clubs who have brilliant social media output. In some cases much better than current League Clubs.

Very true. Problem is social media tends to be for the people you already know and who are already interested in you. National coverage takes us to the people who don’t know us, don’t know what the Lowland League is and our importance to the game in Scotland.

Archived