Peterhead v. Berwick

Balmoor, Saturday 3 PM.

Peterhead go into the match as second placed team in the League, 2 points behind Edinburgh City. The Black & Gold find themselves in 8th place with 6 points from 6 games and will hope to get a point as 9th-placed Cowden meet 10th-placed Albion Rovers.

Let's be optimistic, cheeky draw at 2-2.

We have been quite unpredictable so far this season but have to be looking to win games like this. Don't suppose they travel but the Berwick supporters that cheered & jeered when Nicky Riley was carried off down there last season will be pleased to know he is still out injured, hopefully the rest of the boys can get a win for him.

Guest TOPFITTER

As usual if Peterhead can defend they should win. If Dunlop, Boyle, Eadie and Brown do their job (ignoring coaching!) then the midfield and attack will look after themselves. Be interesting to see if Berwick are playing a more cultured game or just the regular hatchet type they are famous for. As for the lobotomised morons who jeered Nicky, hope Karma catches you!

14 hours ago, peternapper said:

We have been quite unpredictable so far this season but have to be looking to win games like this. Don't suppose they travel but the Berwick supporters that cheered & jeered when Nicky Riley was carried off down there last season will be pleased to know he is still out injured, hopefully the rest of the boys can get a win for him.

I wasn't at that game and I hope Riley makes a full recovery. Usually, fans can tell when someone is faking. Seems not in this case.

But it has to be contrasted with the much more common feigning of injury we have to put up with every week. Elgin's Rabin Omar was the latest ham actor on Saturday, rolling about in apparent death throes for 2 minutes then suddenly yomping round like a gazelle when someone passed the free kick to him. After many (deserved) howls of derision, he made a point of warming up after half time right in front of the Ducket. I wonder what sort of insults he was hoping to provoke?

Absolute Nob, and some fellow footballers might want to think about the behaviour of their cheating colleagues if they want to be treated with a bit of sympathy.

11 hours ago, Redcar said:

I wasn't at that game and I hope Riley makes a full recovery. Usually, fans can tell when someone is faking. Seems not in this case.

But it has to be contrasted with the much more common feigning of injury we have to put up with every week. Elgin's Rabin Omar was the latest ham actor on Saturday, rolling about in apparent death throes for 2 minutes then suddenly yomping round like a gazelle when someone passed the free kick to him. After many (deserved) howls of derision, he made a point of warming up after half time right in front of the Ducket. I wonder what sort of insults he was hoping to provoke?

Absolute Nob, and some fellow footballers might want to think about the behaviour of their cheating colleagues if they want to be treated with a bit of sympathy.

I always enjoy trips to Berwick & hopefully will again, that night did leave a sour taste & had me wound up. There was not really a foul or anything involved Nicky, s foot got caught on the surface & his knee was twisted, it was obvious by his reaction he was in lots of pain. A small section of the Ducket home support started  shouting abuse at the player lying on the ground in agony but even worse continued to shout abuse after he was put in the stretcher & was carried off, I was sickened by the treatment he was getting.

I do agree that players are their own worst enemies by feigning injury, rolling around one minute then when not getting a foul having a look to see if the ref is looking then getting up & carrying on good as new 

8 hours ago, peternapper said:

I always enjoy trips to Berwick & hopefully will again, that night did leave a sour taste & had me wound up. There was not really a foul or anything involved Nicky, s foot got caught on the surface & his knee was twisted, it was obvious by his reaction he was in lots of pain. A small section of the Ducket home support started  shouting abuse at the player lying on the ground in agony but even worse continued to shout abuse after he was put in the stretcher & was carried off, I was sickened by the treatment he was getting.

I do agree that players are their own worst enemies by feigning injury, rolling around one minute then when not getting a foul having a look to see if the ref is looking then getting up & carrying on good as new 

I was at that, and you are right. Is he back fit from that?

4 hours ago, Eye Valley said:

I was at that, and you are right. Is he back fit from that?

No hopefully he might play again sometime but a long time away yet. There was an article maybe on our website somewhere that he mentioned how the club had looked after him medically etc which is how you would expect to be treated rather than having to rely on a whip round. Nicky is fine young man and hope he can return to football & show off his talent.

Guest TOPFITTER
Aidan Mcilduff, is he decent, or is he not good enuff?

Aidan did well I thought once settled in, would have been even better after a season under his belt. In a sometime shambolic defence he could actually defend ! and he could get up and down the wing as well. Good luck to the lad [emoji106][emoji460]️

Guest TOPFITTER
Aidan did well I thought once settled in, would have been even better after a season under his belt. In a sometime shambolic defence he could actually defend ! and he could get up and down the wing as well. Good luck to the lad [emoji106][emoji460]️

Just leaving for another 500 [emoji592][emoji460]️[emoji106]

Archived