Clyde v Elgin

There seems to be a real unity at Clyde amongst the management and players. Cuddihy Mcniff and Nicoll have really come on under Danny Lennon. Didn't make Saturday but looking at the highlights Clyde played some great football and don't seem to rely so heavily on Goodwillie now as they did last year.

I think the top 3 will pull away over the season. Edinburgh City are the real deal imo they have had the better of Clyde in the two games this year. But who knows, didn't expect a 4-1 home win Saturday.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

There seems to be a real unity at Clyde amongst the management and players. Cuddihy Mcniff and Nicoll have really come on under Danny Lennon. Didn't make Saturday but looking at the highlights Clyde played some great football and don't seem to rely so heavily on Goodwillie now as they did last year.

I think the top 3 will pull away over the season. Edinburgh City are the real deal imo they have had the better of Clyde in the two games this year. But who knows, didn't expect a 4-1 home win Saturday.

I think that is a fair point regarding Goodwillie, more players are now stepping up to the plate, I think a lot of that is down to Lennon and Moore who are excellent at what they do and the players know exactly what their role is on the park  but I also believe Having Goowillie beside  them also lifts their  performance.

Something I don't think anyone has mentioned is the challenge from Love in the 1st half, it really looked bad, what did I miss, I think both players received yellows ,well Love did anyway but we were awarded the free kick. Any one explain what actually happened.
I thought Love held his foot in a high position catching the Elgin player. At the time I thought it was a bit naughty.

It was surprising as up to that point the game was played in a good spirit.

Only Love was booked for the incident. I was slightly relieved that it wasn't red.

First time ive bought a programme in a while. Highly recommend guys n gals if anyone in same boat....

Missed Saturday’s game any chance could post a pic of the fans all time Clyde team been enjoying following them each week ..

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

I thought Love held his foot in a high position catching the Elgin player. At the time I thought it was a bit naughty.

It was surprising as up to that point the game was played in a good spirit.

Only Love was booked for the incident. I was slightly relieved that it wasn't red.

I think he was lucky he got pushed before. 

11 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Something I don't think anyone has mentioned is the challenge from Love in the 1st half, it really looked bad, what did I miss, I think both players received yellows ,well Love did anyway but we were awarded the free kick. Any one explain what actually happened.

I think the ref gave a foul on Love before the tackle, by Omar. Don't know if I'm allowed to say that, don't want to upset anyone, but there was a clear foul on Love.

I love the selective memory of my fellow Clyde fans here. The booing of Omar started long before he had committed any fouls. The racist behaviour of our own fans is disgusting and inexcusable. The first time he touched the ball, he was booed loudly, followed by a chant for Ally Love.

He deserved the boos after the red card, but the behaviour beforehand was blatantly racially motivated.

I'm just going to say, I've never heard Clyde fans call a white player "a smelly b*****d"

The history between him and Love, earned the abuse from the fans nothing to do with racism, and during the game the nasty side of St. Omar came out.  The loudest abuse I heard during the game was for the XL Craig Beattie,  poor Craig no one trying to defend him, wonder why?  Maybe he's not a protected species.

I love the selective memory of my fellow Clyde fans here. The booing of Omar started long before he had committed any fouls. The racist behaviour of our own fans is disgusting and inexcusable. The first time he touched the ball, he was booed loudly, followed by a chant for Ally Love.
He deserved the boos after the red card, but the behaviour beforehand was blatantly racially motivated.
I'm just going to say, I've never heard Clyde fans call a white player "a smelly b*****d"
New account ? Dont get mixed up with all the log ins mate !

1 hour ago, shawfielder said:

The history between him and Love, earned the abuse from the fans nothing to do with racism, and during the game the nasty side of St. Omar came out.  The loudest abuse I heard during the game was for the XL Craig Beattie,  poor Craig no one trying to defend him, wonder why?  Maybe he's not a protected species.

Wtf is that meant to mean exactly?

9 minutes ago, shawfielder said:

Thought it was self explanatory, do extra large people not get the same protection as other people seem to get.  What did you think it meant?

The guy was racially abused and does not deserve to be abused further for reporting it. What protection is he getting? 

Offft absolute nick of this. Really showing your true colours here.

Archived