Clyde v Elgin

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, David W said:

If anyone is wanting an extra dose of Danny Lennon (and why wouldn't you?), there's a link HERE to an interview with him on RockSport radio. Starts at about 1 hour, 1 min.

Reveal hidden contents

:wub::wub::wub: 

The nicest man in Scottish football. :wub:

Half time 3-1 Clyde.

The Elgin goal was absolutely ridiculous. Currie’s been threatening to get caught out for months for doing something daft. Really strange what he was doing that far out. A shame as it’s been an absolute stroll so far. Martin McNiff has put in possibly the best 45 minutes from a defender I’ve ever seen. :wub:

Half time 3-1 Clyde.
The Elgin goal was absolutely ridiculous. Currie’s been threatening to get caught out for months for doing something daft. Really strange what he was doing that far out. A shame as it’s been an absolute stroll so far. Martin McNiff has put in possibly the best 45 minutes from a defender I’ve ever seen. :wub:
Missed game but all reports say Currie made a mess of it, should have been chased in the summer I don't care if he can kick the ball well , he isn't a good goalkeeper end of

We play a high defensive line, he has to be that high or there's a massive gap to drop the ball into.

Doesn't mean he shouldn't have moved his feet quicker or made allowances for the wind though.

We've been totally dominant, 3-0 would be a fair reflection.

Missed game but all reports say Currie made a mess of it, should have been chased in the summer I don't care if he can kick the ball well , he isn't a good goalkeeper end of

The quality of his distribution, his dominance at set piece plays and his overall command of his penalty area surely compensate for the occasional lapse of concentration?

6 minutes ago, maxruby said:

The quality of his distribution, his dominance at set piece plays and his overall command of his penalty area surely compensate for the occasional lapse of concentration?

I agree, I think he is good keeper, he does have the odd lapse which thankfully are becoming less frequent but he more than makes up for that with all his other attributes, can’t think of any better goalkeepers in this division.

FWIW, I actually don’t mind Blair at all, just a really daft goal to lose.

A great win today. It could easily have been about 7 or 8 too. Elgin missed a few decent chances but we completely controlled that game. Rabin Omar was a absolutely daft going into that second tackle already on a booking.

Karim looked good when he came on. Not as spectacular a goal as the two he scored against us for Edinburgh but they count all the same.

Easy win and surprisingly much more comfortable than last week against Albion Rovers. Difference this week was we took our chances.

McNiff scored two carbon copies of his other goals scoring both from corners. He also put a great ball through for Goodwillie to score the second. We just didn't give Elgin any time on the ball and quickly won it back every time. Ridiculous goal to lose right on half time. Elgin free kick bounced in front of Currie and he too close to it. Looped over his head and could only get a hand to it. Linesman judged that it had went over the line.

Second half and Elgin threatened to get back into the game. Omar hit the bar and they were getting more possession and time on the ball. The red card and Karim's goal finished as a contest. We could have easily added another couple with Goodwillie hitting the bar and having a goal chopped off for offside amongst a host of other chances.

I agree, I think he is good keeper, he does have the odd lapse which thankfully are becoming less frequent but he more than makes up for that with all his other attributes, can’t think of any better goalkeepers in this division.
That's ok then let's hope the odd lapse ( or frequent lapses ) doesn't cost us as for being one of the best in league that's hardly a recommendation [emoji23] his kicking is good as far I am concerned he is bang average Great result and performance going by reports and the scoreline
The team has real momentum and delighted to hear KB opened his account [emoji106]

Archived