Dropping Yourself in the Shite

LincolnHearts

Saw this video the other day and I felt sorry for the bloke and thought how the f**k did he talk his way out of this one with the Mrs?

Made me think that there must be some outstanding tales of P&B'ers dropping themselves in it with their other halves or work etc, and if they managed to get away with it.

Heard the story of a works “golf” week away. One attendee took clubs to the airport and then put them in a locker. After a week of drinking and no goodery comes home and first question out of the wife’s mouth was “where’s your clubs”. Dumbass forgot to collect them. No idea how that day ended but the marriage ended not long after.

I spent a 20 min drive home with my mate one time just bitching and moaning about my girlfriend.

When I got out the car I read a message from her saying “next time you want to bad mouth me make sure you don’t pocket dial me”.

It actually worked though with her changing a lot of the stuff I’d moaned about but I was laying it in thick [emoji23]

My mum recent addressed my other half (who I've been with for 11 years) by the name of my ex from 15+ years ago.

She tried to blame it on having the name in her head after watching Emmerdale, even though it has no character going by that name (and both knew it).   That was followed up with "no, it was Eastenders"... on a weekend, when it's not on and she doesn't have iPlayer...

My father-in-law used to say he was going to play tennis when he was actually going off to sling it to the woman he was having an affair with and eventually left his wife for.  My mother-in-law worked this out because she looked in his tennis bag and his gear was still folded and fresh.  He's not the brightest.

I also used to work with a guy who was shagging a bird in the office, one night he didn't show up for our shift because of 'personal problems'.  Turned out that he'd saved the lassies name in his phone as 'Dave' and his wife looked at it and wondered why he was phoning 'Dave' all the time and why 'Dave' was sending him texts asking him when he could come over so they could f**k each other.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I also used to work with a guy who was shagging a bird in the office, one night he didn't show up for our shift because of 'personal problems'.  Turned out that he'd saved the lassies name in his phone as 'Dave' and his wife looked at it and wondered why he was phoning 'Dave' all the time and why 'Dave' was sending him texts asking him when he could come over so they could f**k each other.

This guy sounds like a very bad person.

I arranged a job for a guy here in the States,he was going to be emigrating illegally

Idiot never made it as far as the plane

He had a two week return ticket and a hotel booked but when US customs opened up his bag for a perfunctory check sitting on top of his clothes were a few cards that were wishing him well on his new life in America

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

My father-in-law used to say he was going to play tennis when he was actually going off to sling it to the woman he was having an affair with and eventually left his wife for.  My mother-in-law worked this out because she looked in his tennis bag and his gear was still folded and fresh.  He's not the brightest.

A7577E64-21F7-448B-B3E0-548AB87DA814.gif

5 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I spent a 20 min drive home with my mate one time just bitching and moaning about my girlfriend.

When I got out the car I read a message from her saying “next time you want to bad mouth me make sure you don’t pocket dial me”.

It actually worked though with her changing a lot of the stuff I’d moaned about but I was laying it in thick emoji23.png

I was over drinking at the flat of a guitar player I was playing with years ago and we were talking about what to do later on - somebody was playing the Barras that night and he said he could get us on the guest list because some lassie that worked at the promoter fancied him.

He phoned from his landline - nae bother. After he'd hung up I asked him if he was actually planning on slipping her the message at any point.

"Nah, man - she's rotten. Just stringing her along for some free shit..."

Got to the Barras, he saw her and went "Hi so-and-so, thanks for putting us on the..."

SKELP! - she landed him a beauty right across the face. Turned out the silly c**t hadn't put the phone back on the cradle properly and she'd heard the whole exchange after he thought he'd hung up.

One of my early Council Housing jobs involved a lot of boring admin shite, including typing up letters for managers and the like. One of the first ones was entitled "Angus Homolessness Strategy" which I emailed to the Departments Homeless Strategy Officer who was gay. Oops.

Others included missing out the "f" in a mention of "8 hour shifts" and the classic missing the "g" in Angus.

1 hour ago, banana said:

Being one-key out and misspelling 'Regards' signing off a group work email.

Exact same thing happened to a girl in my old office, except the office was the HR office of a hospital and she'd send it to the Learning Disabilities department. 

Archived