Stranraer v East Fife

Well, we're going in to this game with a lot of confidence and a strong squad, which is finally starting to show what we all knew they were capable of, we were never a "Tenth Place" side on paper and in every game, apart from the Dumbarton game where we were absolute dugshite after playing like Barcelona for the first 20 minutes, we've seen some good stuff but it appears to be finally clicking, we're not totally there yet but there is signs that we could actually have a say in what's going to happen in this Division. And a win on Saturday should see us move up another couple of positions and if results go our way we could actually be third by teatime!!!

Thing is, so could Stranraer!!!

Should be a good game which may also be blessed with the appearance of the Divine Lamont!!!

IMG_4196.jpg

Remember he has only gone into the wilderness to atone for our sins!!!

And lo it is said, "During this time, Satan appeared to The Lamont and tried to tempt him. The Lamont having refused each temptation, the Devil then departed and The Lamont returned to Methil to begin his ministry."

Also noticed on the Official EF Site that "No Surfing Flags ARE allowed into the ground"!!!
http://www.eastfifefc.info/latest-news/546-visit-to-stranraer-fc
Seems a bit of a bizarre ruling but if anybody can pick up one of these bad boys then apparently you're ok!!!
IMG_4199.jpg

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Well, we're going in to this game with a lot of confidence and a strong squad, which is finally starting to show what we all knew they were capable of, we were never a "Tenth Place" side on paper and in every game, apart from the Dumbarton game where we were absolute dugshite after playing like Barcelona for the first 20 minutes, we've seen some good stuff but it appears to be finally clicking, we're not totally there yet but there is signs that we could actually have a say in what's going to happen in this Division. And a win on Saturday should see us move up another couple of positions and if results go our way we could actually be third by teatime!!!

Thing is, so could Stranraer!!!

Should be a good game which may also be blessed with the appearance of the Divine Lamont!!!

IMG_4196.jpg

Remember he has only gone into the wilderness to atone for our sins!!!

And lo it is said, "During this time, Satan appeared to The Lamont and tried to tempt him. The Lamont having refused each temptation, the Devil then departed and The Lamont returned to Methil to begin his ministry."

Well it will be more than 40 days and 40 nights  looks like he is this character...

judas-iscariot-a9e30cc1-7aa5-40db-9832-271e7b7be87-resize-750.jpg

Game number Seven and with storm ali arriving we will be heading down the M74 on a three game without defeat something unusual to see things are starting to turn back in our tracks again hopefully we play like we did in the 2-0 game last season at Stairs.

How has McManus and Lamont been since leaving us in the summer? thank you for Agnew...his passing, eye for a shot and experience has been great to watch of late. Like KK we could go high as 3rd/4th if victrious but we like doing it the hard way and its paying off hopefully this weekend is kind to us again. 

8 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Game number Seven and with storm ali arriving we will be heading down the M74 on a three game without defeat something unusual to see things are starting to turn back in our tracks again hopefully we play like we did in the 2-0 game last season at Stairs.

How has McManus and Lamont been since leaving us in the summer? thank you for Agnew...his passing, eye for a shot and experience has been great to watch of late. Like KK we could go high as 3rd/4th if victrious but we like doing it the hard way and its paying off hopefully this weekend is kind to us again. 

McManus has been spectacular so far, possibly our best signing. How was he for you guys?

7 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

IMG_0005.jpg

The only thing Lamont's surfing at the moment is the bench. By his own admission he's not had the greatest of starts, but injuries haven't helped.

The only thing Lamont's surfing at the moment is the bench. By his own admission he's not had the greatest of starts, but injuries haven't helped.

Wait until his suffering hits it's peak and then see, three days later you'll have some player!!!
McManus is very good and DY wanted to keep him at the end of last season and more importantly he wanted to stay with us, unless he got offered FT somewhere but he is based in the West Side of Glasgow and your lot train in the West Side of Glasgow and Bus all your players to Stranraer so obviously he has no traveling costs now, it just shows how something like that on a PT wage can have a massive influence on a potential signing at this level!!!
As I said he wanted to stay, unless he got FT somewhere again which I definitely think he's good enough for and we wanted to keep him and I also think that he could have had a massive impact with us this season, he has something about him that I think we are lacking at the moment in the middle of the park!!!

On 20/09/2018 at 11:41, King Kebab said:

Wait until his suffering hits it's peak and then see, three days later you'll have some player!!!
McManus is very good and DY wanted to keep him at the end of last season and more importantly he wanted to stay with us, unless he got offered FT somewhere but he is based in the West Side of Glasgow and your lot train in the West Side of Glasgow and Bus all your players to Stranraer so obviously he has no traveling costs now, it just shows how something like that on a PT wage can have a massive influence on a potential signing at this level!!!
As I said he wanted to stay, unless he got FT somewhere again which I definitely think he's good enough for and we wanted to keep him and I also think that he could have had a massive impact with us this season, he has something about him that I think we are lacking at the moment in the middle of the park!!!

Definitely seems a level above, can't see him sticking around in League 1 much longer.

We’ve won more games at Stair Park than anyone this season so hopefully that stands us in good stead.

I think you'll find that we're actually unbeaten at Stair Park this season, beware!!!

10 hours ago, King Kebab said:

He knows a shortcut!!!

certainly do, though you can take also the scenic route by passing Paisley past greenock, Inverkip, largs, Irvine, ayr, girvin, Maybole then stranraer!! which is longest of routes but its like going from leven to dalgety bay by along the sea front :lol: or the usual M77 past sliverburn and A75 via M74 from gretna turnoff  through annan is something i’ll try this time, something different and we always do it the east fife way anyways!!!

Archived