Scotland U21 v England U21

Scary Bear

Could see this being a bit of a clusterfuck in terms of crowd management. SFA aren't used to more than a couple of thousand showing up to U21 games. Suspect it will be a bit (lot?) busier because it's England.

Going by this thread *tumbleweed* maybe not.

I would have thought you would get a decent enough sized crowd for a game with England in Edinburgh. Making it all ticket might not be a bad idea.

1 hour ago, JamesM82 said:

Could see this being a bit of a clusterfuck in terms of crowd management. SFA aren't used to more than a couple of thousand showing up to U21 games. Suspect it will be a bit (lot?) busier because it's England.

No excuse this time. Tynecastle's hosted 3 mens/boys youth games in 10yrs and all have had gate issues.

Victory Shield v England the lower deck of the old main stand ended-up overcrowded and people had to be shepherded into other areas. U21 v Macedonia last year only the Wheatfield was open, and only some turnstiles, huge queues up and back down the street behind, many didn't get it until after 30mins. U21 v Andorra last month crowd was only 1,000-odd? but they manned just 2 cash gates - inexplicably reduced to 1 as kick-off approached - and for the Gorgie Stand, even though only the new main stand was open, meaning people had to walk around.

Given the opposition and following the win over the Netherlands there will clearly be a substantial crowd and they should have sufficient stands open and turnstiles manned.

7 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

No excuse this time. Tynecastle's hosted 3 mens/boys youth games in 10yrs and all have had gate issues.

Victory Shield v England the lower deck of the old main stand ended-up overcrowded and people had to be shepherded into other areas. U21 v Macedonia last year only the Wheatfield was open, and only some turnstiles, huge queues up and back down the street behind, many didn't get it until after 30mins. U21 v Andorra last month crowd was only 1,000-odd? but they manned just 2 cash gates - inexplicably reduced to 1 as kick-off approached - and for the Gorgie Stand, even though only the new main stand was open, meaning people had to walk around.

Given the opposition and following the win over the Netherlands there will clearly be a substantial crowd and they should have sufficient stands open and turnstiles manned.

I went to that and it was a bit shambolic.  (Only Scotland players I can remember from the game are Feruz, Jack Hamilton and Jack Grimmer.)

In fairness to Hearts I think there were similar issues at Easter Road for at least one of the playoff games Scotland U21 have qualified for in "recent" times (Croatia c. 2003). Presumably the club rents out the ground and then it's SFA (mis)management on the day.

Good to know. I will expect a shambles on the night with 5,000 to 10,000 punters trying to get through two turnstiles. Turnstiles will run out of change. Most people will give it up as a bad idea and return to the pub.

Out of interest, who organises the game - SFA, Hearts or both? Who decides how many stands/turnstiles will be open?

48 minutes ago, Jute said:

See this is to have a 1730 kick off time so as all final group games start at the same time.

Imagine that would knock a good bit off the potential attendance due to folk working, might not be a bad thing mind you after the previous turnstile issues.

On 20/09/2018 at 07:46, JamesM82 said:

I went to that and it was a bit shambolic.  (Only Scotland players I can remember from the game are Feruz, Jack Hamilton and Jack Grimmer.)

In fairness to Hearts I think there were similar issues at Easter Road for at least one of the playoff games Scotland U21 have qualified for in "recent" times (Croatia c. 2003). Presumably the club rents out the ground and then it's SFA (mis)management on the day.

Easter Rd was a shambles to get in for the Scotland v Canada friendly, stand opposite the main stand and most of the turnstiles shut......

Although to be honest with the perfomrance that Scotland put in that night I wish I had missed move of the game stuck at the turnstiles.

3 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Easter Rd was a shambles to get in for the Scotland v Canada friendly, stand opposite the main stand and most of the turnstiles shut......

Although to be honest with the perfomrance that Scotland put in that night I wish I had missed move of the game stuck at the turnstiles.

Yeah that game redefined 'cold' and 'shite' for me

Archived