Playstation classic console

54_and_counting

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-classic/?et_cid=em_345478&et_rid=85198845&Linkid=HRDWP-B-190918-CE-HRD-FLX&emcid=em-co-157253

Just seen this, could be a decent bit of nostalgia plus the named games so far arent too bad, the full game of FFVII plus tekken 3 and ridge racer 4 are good starting points, 

Anyone think they'll pick one of these up for either themselves or their offspring

Wonder if you'll be able to download games on to it? If not, then I'll probably not buy it. Out of those games I only ever played Tekken 3, and even then it was periodically, so not worth the £90 for myself. It would probably take for the Crash Bandicoot trilogy + racing, MGS, Medievil, Gran Turismo, and Abe's Oddysee + Exoddus to be included in those 20 games for me to consider buying it. 

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-classic/?et_cid=em_345478&et_rid=85198845&Linkid=HRDWP-B-190918-CE-HRD-FLX&emcid=em-co-157253
Just seen this, could be a decent bit of nostalgia plus the named games so far arent too bad, the full game of FFVII plus tekken 3 and ridge racer 4 are good starting points, 
Anyone think they'll pick one of these up for either themselves or their offspring

Still have a working PlayStation, or else I would.
Still play it too.

Am I the only one that couldn't give a shit about the cheap nostalgia pops that are these classic consoles?  Particularly when they're pre-loaded so you're inevitably going to miss out on something you want, and I don't think there's a way to add anything?

If they released one alongside an online store where you could download from a large back catalogue, I could see the point, but as it is...lot of old shite.

25 minutes ago, Crroma said:

I seriously doubt crash bandicoot will be on it what with the recent remaster.

Its a cool idea all round but man PlayStation 1 games dont hold up amazingly.

Disagree. Having been playing quite a bit of PS1 games recently. CTR, THPS2, MGS, Hogs of War, GTA2, Cool Boarders 2, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Little Big Adventure; all are still excellent.

• 1 month later...
  • Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII *
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash! *
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr. Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil (Director's Cut)
  • Revelations: Persona
  • Ridge Racer Type 4 *
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3 *
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms *

Full games list. Meh. Like that MGS is in there but a lot of the games I played when I was a kid (yer Spyros and yer Crash Bandicoots) aren't there.

it's not a terrible list, really surprised that jumping flash and intelligent cube got on there, i don't think its great value but its not aimed at me. I do wonder how long they are gonna push this classic gaming thing though

17 hours ago, Big Fifer said:
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII 
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Resident Evil (Director's Cut)
  • Syphon Filter
  • Twisted Metal

Pretty happy with these games here.  All games that I was obsessed with at some point.  Twisted Metal in particular brings back many happy memories.

Scary ones too....

Image result for twisted metal

Archived